Why?

You're My Angel

Kris gently lifted you up in his arms and carried you bridal style. He picked up your bag as well and fumbled to find his keys in his pocket. He turned around and opened the door of his apartment and stepped in. With you still in his arms, he turned around and kicked the door shut. *She's surprisingly light.* He thought to himself. He walked over to the couch and carefully laid you down. Afterwards, Kris walked to his bedroom, got out a blanket and placed it on top of you, making sure you were tucked it.

He felt your forehead with his hand, *, her forehead feels like it's on fire.* He quickly pulled back his hand. Coming back with a wet cold towel, Kris placed it on your forehead to try and get rid of your fever. You stirred in your sleep and you started to fumble around. You moved your head from right to left and your eyebrows started to furrow. Sweat was all over your face.

*She looks like shes having a nightmare.* Kris watched you softly. 'Shhh, it's okay.' He tried comforting you, 'I'm right here next to you.' He patted your arm. Instinctly, you started to relax and your breaths came out soft and even. Kris relaxed and stood up to go. However he was pulled back by the wrist. He looks down to see your hand around your wrist.

'No, don't go. Stay with me Chanyeol, stay with me...' You mumbled. Kris looked over to you and saw that you were still sleeping, *She's sleep talking...* He lifted his other hand up to pull off your wrist, however he stopped midway because for some reason, he didn't want to. He pulled a little stool which was within arms length and placed it next to the couch and sat down. Kris studied your face features and thought, *Chanyeol. You called me Chanyeol. Who is he? Was he that special to you?* He recalled the ring which had his name engraved on it. *I don't know why I'm here either, sitting here looking after you, being worried about you.* Kris folded his arms on top of the couch and laid his head down. Soon enough, he also fell asleep.

-

You moved in your sleep and opened your eyes slowly to adjust to the light. *Where am I?* You thought as had just woken up. You looked around at your surroundings and everything was unfamiliar. You felt a light weight next to you and you looked down. *This that... Kris?!* Kris started to stir, *Oh , oh ! What do I do?!* But before you could make a decision, Kris woke up.

'You're awake.' He said, his voice was still groggy and tired.

'Yeah...' You bit your lip, not knowing how to act.

He stood up and walked over to the kitchen while you stayed seated, not knowing what to do. *Well, this is awkward...* You thought. Kris came back with a glass of water and some medicine. He help them out to you 'Eat this.'

'Er, thanks.' You took the medicine with the water. When you were done, you handed the water back to him and he placed it in the sink.'Well, I'm going to go now!' You quickly stood up from the couch. Too quickly. Which caused you to almost fall over because your head started spinning again.

'Woah! Careful, you're still sick.' Kris caught you just in time before you well. You looked into his eyes while your heartbeat quickened.

You scrambled up from his arms blushing, 'Thanks.' You grabbed your things and speed walked over to the door. 'Thanks by the way, for uh, looking after me.' You quickly said before you left and went into your own apartment.

In your own apartment, you had slammed the door shut and leaned against the door. *Calm down!* You told your heart, it was racing like crazy. *Why was Kris looking after me? Why was he being so nice? Why did he seem like a different person?* All these questions went through in your head.

-

BAM!

Kris heard your apartment door slam close. He couldn't help but stare at the door, where you had left. *I don't get myself, why was I being so nice? Why was I so worried about her? Why did I automatically went to catch her when I saw her fall?* All these questions went through Kris' head.