Dream

You're My Angel

 

'Umma... Appa... Don't leave me here...' The 5 year old you grabbed a hold of your parents hands and begged them. It was raining hard outside in front of an orphanage. Thunder rumbled in the sky and lightning flashed through the dark sky.

'Ne Umma? I'll be good. I'll listen to you. Appa?' Tears were strolling down your cheek as you looked up at them. 

'This is for the best.' Your Umma said.

'Take her.' Your Appa pushed you into the hands of an unknown women who held onto you fast and hard.

You screamed and kicked and tried to get free of her grasp but you couldn't.

'UMMA! APPA! DON'T LEAVE ME HERE!' You screamed after them.

-

'DON'T LEAVE ME HERE!' You screamed and sat up in bed.

Your breaths were short as you were panting for air. Your hair was a mess and wet from the sweat on your face.

*It was only a dream, only a dream.* You repeated to yourself. You threw off the blankets on you and slipped into your slippers. You walked towards the bathroom, which was only a few steps away. You opened the tap and let the water run as you starred at your reflection in the mirror.

*Get a hold of yourself Park Minjung. Stop being so weak. There’s no use thinking about them anymore. They abandoned you. That’s right, they abandoned you. So move on.*

You placed your hand under the cold running water and splashed your face a few times before getting a towel to dry your face. You were in no mood to sleep, so you walked around in your small apartment to the balcony. A soft cool breeze hit your face as you opened the door. You shivered and went back inside to get a warm jacket before going back out.

The sun was about to rise as you sat on a chair looking out towards the horizon. Slowly, the run started to rise. You could see the sky getting brighter and brighter. But before you knew it, you soon drifted off to sleep.

You woke up a few hours later. '. ' You mumbled to yourself while getting up and walked back inside. You stretched your neck out because you had slept in an awkward position.

‘10:45AM’ You read the clock as you walked pass your mini living room. '. Late for school. ' You cursed again. However you made no attempt to rush to school. You didn’t even care about school or education. You only went for the sake of not lying around at home, or working.

Taking your time, you got yourself ready. Your skirt was at a reasonable length, not long enough to look like a geek, but not short enough to look like a either. You slung your backpack across your shoulder and walked out your apartment after locking it.