Hyunwoo Oppa

You're My Angel

 

Selected VIP wouldn’t it be
mind-blowingly awesome
Now we’re on a rock rock rocket,
Just gotta keep your seatbelt fastened

Your alarm went off. With your eyes still closed, you fiddled and found your phone and pressed snooze. 10 minutes later, your alarm went off again. But you yet again, pressed snooze. Another 10 minutes later, your alarm went off for the third time. You were about to press snooze again, but then paused as you realised you've pressed snooze twice already.

You shot up in bed, opened your eyes and looked at the time. 7:30PM. '!' You mentally scolded yourself for pressing snooze and jumped out of bed. You took your work clothes out and raced to the bathroom. 4 minutes later you came out with your hair stll wet. Grabbing the blow dryer, you quickly dried your hair. 7:45PM. 'I'M GOING TO BE LATE. TTTT!' You threw the hair dryer onto your bed and quickly brushed through your hair. It was a bit damp but it'll pass.

Grabbing all of your things, you sprinited out of the front door and slammed the door behind you, locking it in the process. You took another glance at the time and it was 7:50PM. 'AISHHH!' You sped up and sprinted towards your work place. Lucky for you, it was just a couple blocks down from where you lived. You couldn't be late for your job. School was a whole different thing. You didn't care about school and didn't think you needed it, but work was a whole different story. Work was the only place where you would get your income to feed for yourself and have a roof over your head. It was also the only place which you had left which you had shared with him.

-

The door abruptly opened.

'I'm. Not. Late.' You said with everybreath while you had your body arched with your hands on your knees, trying to catch your breath.

'5 seconds later and you would have been.' A familiar voice spoke. You collapsed to the floor from exhaustion.

'No no no! Get up! You'll get fired if the manager sees you like this!'

'You mean you? Hyunwoo Oppa?' You looked up at him and arched an eyebrow. Hyunwoo and you have been childhood best friends, along with him. He was the only person you had left close to family, and you treasured him more for that. He had been a big brother to you when Chanyeol had left. Hyunwoo was also the only person left whom you actually talked to and smiled with. He was the only person who you had left that you could open up to.

'Oh, yeah.' He sheepishy scratched the back of his neck, 'Still doesn't feel like I own this place.' You got from the ground and sat at a table. Hyunwoo got up and got a glass of water and placed it in front of you.

'Thanks.' You said and greedily finished the whole glass. WIth the back of your sleeve, you wiped your mouth.

'Aigo, still the same old Minjung.' Hyunwoo affectionately ruffled your hair, 'Come'on! It's time to work now.' You both got up and prepared for the night.

-

Throughout the whole night, there were a whole lot of customers. Tonight had been busier than usual.

'WAITRESS!' A customer called out. 'Coming!' You replied.

'Another plate of ddukkboki here!'

'5 more sojus here!'

You quickly went to the fridge and took out 5 bottles of soju and placed them down on the table. 'Here you go sir, have a good evening!' You politely said and bowed before walking away. A hand grabbed your wrist and pulled you backwards. You tumbled backwards and fell into the lap of the man who ordered the soju. 'Excuse me, sorry.' You quickly apologized and scrammbled to get up, but you were kept down as the man wrapped an arm around your waist.

'Awh, don't be like this. Play with me for a while.' He purred in your ear. You weren't working at a night club or a bar, just at a normal restaurant. But there were times where customers got drunk. Before you could refuse and defend yourself, and hand swiftly pulled you up.

'Sorry, but she's not a toy you can play with.' Hyunwoo said with a harsh tone and glared at the man. The man didn't say anything as he was too scared from the look in Hyunwoo's eyes. Hyunwoo turned around and looked at you, 'Are you okay? Did he hurt you anywhere?' He worriedly checked if there was anything on you.

'I'm fine.' You smiled at him, and resumed working. Although you always put on a brave face and act, you were actually really weak and fragile inside.

-

The night came to an end and you closed up at 10:00PM.

'Want me to drop you off?' Hyunwoo asked.

'No it's okay Oppa, I can just walk there myself.' You didn't want to bother him.

'Are you sure?' He asked again.

'Yes, now go!' You smile at him.

'Mm, okay then.' He gave you a smile and got into his car and drove off.

You started walking down the street, and 10 minutes later you arrived at the small supermarket. You had two jobs, one at Hyunwoo's restaurant and one at the small supermarket. Although your pay at Hyunwoo's restaurant was good, you still needed another job if you wanted to build up the money in your bank account.

'Annyonghaseyo.' You politely bowed at the store manager.

'Oh, you're here! That's good.' The manager greeted you.

You work at the supermarket until the next worker came for her shift. It was 12:00AM when you finished your shift and you tiredly walked back to your apartment. The streets were dark and there was only one street lamp every 10 metres. You put the hood of your jacket up and dug your hands into the pockets of your jacket. You could see your breaths in front of you, signally how cold it was.

After 20 minutes, you finally arrived back at your apartment. You quickly took a hot shower before going to bed. On your bedside table, there was a photo of you and Chanyeol, from two years back.

'Goodnight Chanyeol.' You whispered, before drifting off to sleep.