New student

You're My Angel

 

You walked out onto the street and headed to the bus stop. The school was quite far away so you had to take the bus. 10 minutes later, you arrived at the bus stop. No one was around and you sat down with music playing in your ears.

MAMA! ijen naege daedabhaejwo
wae saramdeuri dallajyeottneunji
areumdaun sijeoriraneunge jonjaehagin haettneunji

You started to sing along because no one was around. You felt that the song you were listening to was quite meaningful. The lyrics weren’t some same repeated love song, but something that actually had a meaning to it.

The bus came and you scanned your card and got on. You picked a spot at the back of the bus with a window. You starred out the window aimlessly while you bopped your head along with the music. Music seemed to be your only getaway. No matter what, you could always count on music to help you feel better and forget your problems.

It was finally your stop and you hopped off the bus without thanking the driver. While walking through the school to your class, there was no one around. You checked the time and it was ‘12:25PM’ *Almost lunchtime.* You thought.

You walked into the classroom with your bag over one shoulder and proceeded to your desk. However you saw an unfamiliar figure sitting at your desk.

‘You’re in my seat.’ You said.

The figure didn’t seem to hear you, or care, as he stayed where he was, completely focused on his phone. The student behind him poked him with his ruler to get his attention.

‘What?!’ He hissed and turned around. The student seemed taken back by his attitude and pointed at you with his ruler.

He turned back around and saw you standing there. 

‘What?’ He said uninterested.

‘I said you’re in my seat.’ You repeated yourself, which you hated to do.

By now, the whole class was looking at the two of you.

‘Park Minjung. Late again. This isn’t how you treat the new student in class.’ The teacher walked over to you and tsk-ed in disapproval.

Suddenly, the bell rang signally it was lunchtime.

‘Ugh, it.’ You said as you turned around and walked out of the classroom before everyone got up.

-

Lunchtime ended and students started walking back into the classroom. You were prepared to take back your seat, however you saw him sitting there still.

You narrowed your eyes at him and walked past him and took a glance at his name tag. *Kris?* You scoffed at the name. *Sounds like a name for a girl.* You walked past him and took the seat behind your original one.

Throughout the whole class, everyone was taking notes. Except you. And the guy, Kris. Your seat wasn't comfortable, so you decided to put your feet up. Onto Kris' chair.

At first, Kris didn't do anything about it. But he started to get annoyed as you started to move your feet around, hitting him.

'Take your foot off my chair.' He said pissed off.

'Your chair? I believe that's mine.' You shot back.

Kris pushed his chair back and stood up, and you shot up immediately to stare him right back in the eyes.

The whole class was yet again watching the two of you. No one had ever talked to you because you had this fierce look in your eyes that read 'Back off.' The teacher came over and tried to get you to both sit down but neither of you did. Kris broke the eye contact first, as he spotted something on your desk.

'Oh hey, what's this?' He said as he picked up a ring.

It wasn't just any ring to you, it was your most treasured possession.