Sick

You're My Angel

 

You woke up earlier than usual. 'UGHHHH! I CAN'T SLEEP!' You yelled out frustrated. Someone was moving in the apartment in front of yours and you haven't been able to get a good night's sleep because they've been so loud unpacking everything. 'WHO THE HELL UNPACKS AT 5:30AM?!' You thought.

With a sigh, you got out of bed and went into the kitchen to get a drink of water. You walked over to the living and sat on the couch while flipping through the channels on the TV to see if there was anything good to watch, but it was all re-runs of those romantic dramas. You used to love those dramas, you had practically watched every single one that had been broadcasted those few years. However you stopped watching after he had left because you just couldn't stand all those lovey-dovey scenes anymore. It would only cause your heart to ache.

You switched off the TV and tossed it back onto the couch. Walking back into your room to get a blanket, you came out and went to sit on the balcony. Like last time, you were looking out at the view and the sunset, when you accidentally fell asleep.

-

*12:30PM, it's already lunchtime, where are you?* Kris thought to himself. *Wait, why am I thinking about her?* He scolded himself for worring about you when you had thrown his shoes onto the oval just yesterday.

-

You woke up and shivered. The blanket had fallen to the ground and you were freezing. Winter was almost coming and the weather was getting colder. *What time is it?* You thought, still not fully awake yet. Slowly, you got up and went back inside. While walking back inside, you suddenly felt dizzy.

*Woah, why do I suddenly feel dizzy all of a sudden?* You shook your head and blinked a few times, but it didn't help at all. You put your hand onto your forehead, *Am I getting sick?* Your forehead was hot and you felt dizzy and tired, *I'll take that as a yes.* You took a glance at the time and it was 2:00PM, *I slept till 2:00PM?! school... oh stuff it.* You later waved it off. Walking into the kitchen carefully, you took a panadol tablet out and drank it with water. *Hm, maybe i'll sleep more until 7:00PM, so i'm in time for work still.*

-

You woke up at 7:00PM to your alarm ringing. Tiredly, you reached out for your alarm and closed it. After a few more minutes in bed, you finally got up and went to get ready. However your movements were still slow because you were feeling tired and sick. You put on an extra shirt and wrapped your scarf around your neck. Ready for work, you walked out of the house and dug your hands into your pockets while you face was tilted down, hiding behind your scarf.

Ding ding.

The door chimed as you entered the restaurant.

'Oh! Minjung you're here!' Hyunwoo greeted you.

'Ne.' You replied without much enthusiasm.

'Are you okay?' Hyunwoo walked over concern about your mood.

'I'm fine, just tired.' You half lied, you were tired but you just didn't tell him the reason why.

'Mm, okay then. First we'll get the restaurant all set up!' Hyunwoo clapped his hands and all the employees got a move on and started setting up the place. Tiredly and slowly, you started to help too. Hyunwoo was watching you from afar carefully, *I hope you're not lying to me.*

-

During your shift, you walked around getting orders exhaustedly. You tried to smile and be as enthusiastic as you could, but you were feeling drowsy. While taking an order to a table, you accidentally dropped the plate when you were starting to feel dizzy again. 

SMASH!

The plate slipped out of your hand and fell onto the group. The noisy restaurant turned quiet at the loud sound.

'OMO! Sorry! Sorry!' You started bowing to everyone before squating to clean up the mess. Someone slapped your hands away.

'Don't touch! You could hurt yourself!' Hyunwoo came over and pulled you up. He pulled you out of the way and told one of the waitors to clean up the mess.

'Sorry for being such a bother Hyunwoo Oppa.' You apologized while looking down.

'You're not a bother! Never. Don't say that.' Hyunwoo tilted your chin up, 'Now tell me, what's wrong?'

'Nothing.' You replied, 'I'm just tired.'

Hyunwoo gave you a look, signally he didn't believe you. He put his hand against your forehead and his eyes widened. 'OMO! MINJUNG! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE SICK?!' He yelled at you.

You flinched at his tone, 'I'm sorry Oppa... I didn't want to be a bother...' You mumbled.

'You're not a bother okay?' His voice softened after he saw how you flinched at his tone before. 'Come on, I'll drive you home.' Hyunwoo picked up his keys.

-

Hyunwoo drove you home, even though it was just down the road.

'Rest well okay? If you need anything, just give me a call.' He told you. 'Ne, thank you Oppa.' You thanked him and went inside.

While walking inside, you were feeling light headed again, and was starting to get dizzy. You shook your head but your vision was starting to get blurry. You blinked a couple of times and your vision cleared up a bit. You were in front of your apartment door when you saw someone familiar standing outside.

'What are you doing here?' You voice was weak, but still had a tone to it, 'Are you stalking me right now?'

'Me? Stalk you? Pfft, I live here.' Kris said.

'You live HERE?! I LIVE HERE!' You shouted. You instantly regretted that as you sank down to the ground and clunched your head. Your head was throbbing and you were feeling heated.

'Minjung?' Kris called out unsure. You didn't reply. 'Ya, Park Minjung?' He shook you, but felt that your temperature was hot. By now, you had already fainted.

'Aish, this girl.' Kris said before lifting you up.