Text Messages

You're My Angel

The next morning, you went to just before the bell rang. Your seat had been free, and behind yours, Kris was already seated. You walked over down the aisle and sat down. You folded your arms on top of the desk and rested your head onto it. After last night, you had felt a lot better, but you were still feeling slightly sick still. Someone tapped your back and you turned around. Kris was holding out a piece of paper. Curiously, you took the paper and turned around. Trying to hide the paper so you wouldn't get caught by the teacher, you opened it up.

What's your number?

Why? You scripped back and stuck out your hand behind out turning around.

So that I can text you.

No Sherlock, but why? The piece of paper was passed back and forth between the both of you.

Do you really want to get caught by the teacher from passing notes and get another detection?

*He has a point.* You thought and you scribbled down your phone number. You passed it back to Kris and he took the note from your hand. Kris smirked in victory. *Wait a second... WE CAN GET CAUGHT BY TEXTING TOO!* You suddenly thought.

Moon jah wat shong! Moon jah wat shong!

Your phone went off. *I knew it was a bad idea.* The whole class turned around to the sound of the text tone. Your red face immediately gave it away to who it was.

'Park Minjung. Again. Why am I not surprised?' The teacher scolded, 'Detention after school.'

'Ne.' You mumbled. *Stupid stupid stupid Kris! Made me get another detention. Wait till I finish with him.* She took out her phone and read the text message that she had received.

Is your phone on silent?

You had felt like punching him. Your fingers raced across the keyboard typing up a reply.

Well I don't know, was it on silent? Did it sound like it was on silent? Is yours? Your text was full of sarcasm. Seconds after you had pressed send, a different text tone went off.

YOU HAVE A NEW TEXT MASSAGGEEEEEE!

Students immediately began to laugh at the text tone. They all looked at you, thinking it was you again. But you put your arms up in surrender, signally it wasn't you. You pointed your thumb backwards, at Kris.

'Kris. Detention after school too.' His classmates began to snicker. You were sitting in your seat, trying to cover your laughter that was threatening to come out of your mouth. *I got you too, Kris.*

-

Detention went by slowly. You, Kris and the teacher all sat in silent doing nothing.

'Okay guys, time is up. Don't let me see the both of you here again.' The teacher said before leaving the room. You picked up your bag, slung it over your shoulders and walked out of the room. You were going to be late for work. Kris stared after you, wondering why you were in a rush.

'Yo! Park Minjung! Wait up!' Kris shouted after you while jogging to catch up to you. He finally caught up to you, 'What's the rush?'

'Stop following me.' You said.

'Following you?' He raised an eyebrow, 'If you haven't forgotton, I live opposite you down, across the hallway. One metre away to be exact.' *Oh yeah, . Damn.* You had totally forgotton about that. 'So... What's the rush?' He asked again.

'I'm late.' You gave him a short reply.

'Late? For what?'

'For work.'

Kris looked at the time, 6:30PM. '! I'M GOING TO BE LATE TOO!' Kris said when he saw the time. 'Okay, I'm going to be going first, bye!' He said while running off. You couldn't help but laugh at him because he was in such a rush.

You arrived home at 7:00PM, *Hm, I think i'll be able to make it on time.* You thought.

After 30 minutes of getting ready, you went out of your apartment. You met face to face with Kris. You looked at him and blinked, without saying anything.

'Where you going?' He finally spoke.

'Work.' You answered, 'You?'

'Same.' He said.

You both walked down and headed off in the same direction. You were walking in front of him. *Is he following me again...? Or...?* You thought. You slightly glanced back to see Kris still there.

You finally arrived at Hyunwoo's Restaurant and you walked in. However, Kris followed you in as well. You spun around and yelled at him, 'OKAY, ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME? STOP FOLLOWING ME!'

'Following you? I work here.' Kris stated.

'BWOH?! YOU WORK HERE?!' You starred wide eyed at him.