Jacket

You're My Angel

Hyunwoo walked out from the back room, 'What's with all the yelling?' The other workers all shrugged at stared at you and Kris. 'Minjung?' Hyunwoo looked at you.

'Oppa, did you hire this guy?' You jabbed your finger at him.

'It's rude to point, and this guy, has a name.' Kris smacked the hand that was pointing at him away. *And since when have you ever called someone oppa?*

'Who are you? May I ask?' Hyunwoo looked over at Kris.

Kris instantly turned polite. 'Ne, Annyonghaeseyo. My name's Kris. Uhm, I was the person who came to you looking for a job a few days ago?'

'Oh that's right! Kris right?' Kris nodded. 'Ne Minjung, I hired his guy. Wae? Something wrong? Do you know him?' Hyunwoo looked over to you.

'I-I uhm. Never mind.' You didn't even know why you were so against him working here.

'Well, if nothings wrong then, can you give him a tour and tell him what to do? You'll be helping him train over the next week or so, until he gets familar with everything.'

'Ne Oppa.' You said while he walked off. You turned around to face Kirs, 'You, don't be a pain in my and don't get in my way.' You pointed in his face.

'Stop pointing will you? It's rude.' Kris said, but you had already walked off.

'Coming?' You turned around and called out to him. Kris quickly walked the few steps and followed you. After giving him a tour of the place, you gave him a cloth. 'Start cleaning the tables, the restaurant will open at 8:00PM sharp, which is in about 10 minutes. So chop chop!' You ordered.

'Yes Mam!' Kris saluted and got to work. You chuckled slightly at his childish behaviour. *Who could have ever thought Mr. Angry Bird, standing at 187cm, could be so childish?*

Hyunwoo was standing from a far and was secretly watching and eavesdropping on your conversation with Kris. *Minjung-ah, Minjung. Is this why you've been a lot brighter lately? Because of his guy right here? This was the first time that I've seen you laugh and smile at someone that wasn't me.* Hyunwoo genuinely smiled.

10 minutes later, the restaurant opened and customers started to fill up the store. You were quickly trying to go around and record down everyone's orders, but there just wasn't enough hands to do everything. You ran up to Kris who was awkwardly standing off to the side because he didn't know what to do.

'Here, take this. To go a table, ask what they want and record it down. Simple? Yes. Okay go.' You gave him a light shove before quickly going to attend another table.

'M-m-me?!' Kris stood there frozen. It was the first time he had ever done anything like this and he didn't know what to do. He looked up and searched for you, you locked eyes with him and you mouthed 'Go! Fighting!' before turning back to the customer. *I CAN DO THIS!* Kris gained confidence after you cheered him on. With a deep breath, he took out a note pad, a pen, and walked over to table who was waiting to order.

'Hi, how may I help you?' Kris smiled.

'Can I please have one...' The customer named a whole list of food while Kris was trying to write everything down. You glanced over at Kris who seemed like he was doing fine and smiled.

'Is that all for today?' Kris asked.

'Yes.'

'Okay. Your food will be done shortly.' Kris finished and left to give the orders to the chefs.

While Kris was walking towards the kitchen, you were already there because you had finished collecting the orders earlier. 'Well done.' You complimented him and gave him a high five.

'Thanks.' Kris smiled, which made you smile back.

'Come on now, theres food to bring out!' Hyunwoo came up from behind them.

'Ne.' They answered at the same time, which made them laugh a bit.

-

'Woo! First day over and done with!' Kri said, proud of himself.

You laughed along, 'Congrats.' You picked up your bag and walked out of the restaurant after saying goodbye to Hyunwoo.

'Wait! Let's walk home together!' Kris came running up to you.'I'm not going home though.' You replied.

'Not going home? Where else would you be going?'

'Work.'

'Work?' Kris asked a bit confused.

'Yup. I have another shift. Got to go, bye!' You ran off.'Oh, okay then...' He stood there. *Minjung has another job? Why does she need so many jobs?*

-

Your shift finally ended and you got off work. After walking outside, it was freezing.

'Why is it so god damn cold.' You mumbled to yourself.

'Cold? Here take my jacket.' A sweet voice said. You couldn't see him properly because it was too dark. You felt something on your arms and the figure sprinted away. *Who was that...?* You realised that the stranger had left his jacket for you to wear. You were touched by just that litle gesture. 'Awh, thank you, whoever you are.' You said outloud, hoping he would hear you.

The figure was hiding behind a wall, still watching you.

*Park Minjung. Why won't you realise that I've been here for you all along? You forgot about me ever since Chanyeol came into your life. When will you finally see that I've been the one that has been guarding and protecting you since we were young?*