Chapter five.

Meet the silence

   Donghae stood up hastily, looking anywhere but Hyukjae, his mouth hanging open. He breathed heavily, clearly shocked and possibly scared of what he just heard.

   "Crap." Hyukjae muttered under his breath, angry at his own stupidity. How could he let it happen? The ability of holding his words would be pretty useful sometimes, he thought.
"Donghae," he whispered "I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." he scrached his forehead awkwardly. "Listen, I know, maybe I shouldn't tell tou during our first meeting, but hiding it also would't do any good for our friendship."
Donghae relaxed a bit and his breathing became more even.
"I don't want you to feel burdened by this. I know almost nothing about you and I wish I could learn some more of your past." He sighed, resignated. "Damn it, I probably just destroyed everything, but please," he looked at Donghae pleadingly "please, let me get to know you, don't be afraid of me and give me another chance to become your friend."
Donghae just looked at him. It was obvious that he was thinking hard about everything that happened a moment ago, considering Hyukjae's words.
"I will leave now, so you can calm down a bit." said Hyukjae. He wrote a few numbers in Donghae's notebook.
"Here's my phone number. I will be waiting for your message tonight."
Donghae nodded awkwardly.
"Again, I'm sorry."

~*~*~

    "Pabo, pabo, pabo!"
Hyukjae was sitting on the floor in his room, back against the wall. He lowered his head between bended knees as he remembered his fatal encounter with Donghae. The door burst open and Heechul walked inside.
"Yah, kid! Have I just heard your lovely cheerful voice shouting how smart and bright you are?" he mocked.
"Probably" mumbled Hyukjae.
"Why so blue, my friend?" he asked. "Did you really expect to find him on first occasion?"
Hyukjae chuckled ironically. "You see, Kim Heechul" he raised his head. "I actually found him."
"Are you kidding me? How did you- ah, whatever. You'll tell me next time. So, how was it? What is he like?"
Hyukjae hesitated. He didn't feel like telling his friend everything he learned about Donghae today. So he said "Okay. Really nice. A little closed, but friendly. Pretty silent." Here you go, Heechul, he thought. That must be enough for you. After a while, he added "Oh, and I didn't imagine things, he's like... really good looking."
Heechul whistled appreciatevely. "So, when's the date?"
"What?"
"Date, you . You go out with someone, eat something, go to the movies..."
"Aish, I know what a date is! I just... He'll text me tonight."
"Pretty fast! Well done, Hyuk. I'll be going then. My office called, they want me to sign some papers, as though it couldn't wait till tomorrow." He scrunched his face. "See ya!"

    As Heechul was gone, Hyukjae glanced at his phone. Nothing. It was nearly 7 pm, he didn't know when Donghae would message him, he didn't even know IF Donghae would message himat all. He decided to watch some TV to distract himself from constant thinking about the younger guy, but it was no good. The show was lame and his mind would come back to Donghae every few seconds. Hyukjae didn't understand it. He had never met anyone like Donghae. How was he going to get along with someone who's not able to say anything? But what worried him most was that he won't be able to gain the boy's trust. After revealing his ual preference to him, Donghae looked really terryfied. Was it somebody else, Hyukjae wouldn't probably pay attention to it. He had managed to make a few guys gay for him in the past. But how to approach a man with whom he isn't able to communicate properly?

"Why do you bother, Hyuk?" he asked himself. "You can have anyone else."

"But you don't WANT anyone else, you have a crush on Donghae," said a small voice in his head.

Glad or not, he had to agree.
He was 
hoplessly falling in love.

 

~*~*~


=you've got a message=you've got a message=

"Wha-" Hyukjae woke up. He realised he had dozed off on a couch in front of the TV. He could hear Heechul snoring in a distance. He looked at the clock.  01:03 am. Huh? In the middle of the night? Could it be... He snatched his phone from the small coffee table. There, on the screen was a notice. One new message. His heartbeat sped up.

From: unknown number
Hi, it's Donghae. Sorry for the late text. And sorry for my behaviour earlier, I think I overreacted. You said you wanted to know my past? Let's meet at my place tomorrow. Is 2pm ok?

Hyukjae clapped his hands with excitement. He texted! He saved Donghae's number and quickly texted him back.

To: Donghae
2pm is perfectly ok. Thanks for inviting me. That's really brave of you, I guess, kkkk. But how are you hoing to tell me your past?

He hesitated a little typing the last sentence, but he decided it dodn't sound rude or offending. He was just curious. He pressed the "send" button and waited. The reply came within 3 minutes.

From: Donghae
I'll write it for you before you come, but I have also something I can show you while you'll be reading. So, see you tomorrow?

To: Donghae
Ceirtainly. Thank you again for giving me chance. I appreciate it. Have a good night!

He made his way back to his room and crawled into his bed. He has a gig the next day. And he will see Donghae before it. "Tomorrow will be a good day" he muttered into his pillow, falling asleep again easily.


 


A/n: Whoa, so many new subscibers and views and comments! ^^ Thank you, my lovely readers! <3 I must say that your words make me smile like mad! xD
So, there you go! Hae took up his courage and texted Hyukjae! Took him quite long to make up his mind, though :P The next chapter is the longest of all I've posted until now, I have it written and will probably update it tomorrow. LOVE YOU ALL!

Oh, and I imagine Hyukkie's mesaage ringtone as in the beginning of the MYNAME's song "Message". I love it and if you haven't heard it yet, listen to it! :)


PS: Anyone good at photoshop or gimp? Tbh, I at such things and if anyone would be so extra kind and tried to make a poster for this story, I'd be extremely grateful! I can't think of anything I could offer you in return, but if you wish your name (or login) appeared on the foreword page of "Meet the silence", feel free to message me!