Chapter eleven.

Meet the silence

"Welcome to the sign language course. These are not usual classes, because the people you're going to communicate with are special..."

   The words of Hyukjae's teacher kept ringing in his ears for the whole time he was driving home after his first sign language lesson. He could already say it wasn't as easy as he imagined. They learned alphabet and all letters kept mixing in Hyukjae's head and he was nothing but confused about it, but he decided not to give up. The next time they would meet Hyukjae would sign Donghae's name to him. He wanted it to be the first thing that his hands would 'speak' to the boy. The experiences of the day of their first little kiss, at first- really frightening and then- extremely cute and heart-melting, taught Hyukje that Donghae was no longer only his crush.

   Hyukjae could tell that the feeling for the younger was much more than this. The constant craving for meeting him, the concern about his condition, the want to see him and learn his language, and the tingling sensation in his stomach whenever their eyes met or whenever he reminiscened the moment when Donghae's plump lips touched his cheek... Hyukjae was in love.

   Special... Special... My Donghae IS special, there's no doubt about that. What should I do about it?! He already knows about my attraction towards him, now I have to show him my deeper feelings! Hyukjae, you need a plan!

  It was three days since the day when Donghae kissed him on the cheek. And they haven't met since then. So Hyukjae was mising Donghae and wanted the next meeting to be exceptional and meaningful. He started to form a plan in his head.

Hyukjae, what you need is:

1. A good idea for the event.
Hm... Nothing too fancy, okay, check!

2. Kim Heechul.
Funny thing, he's annoying as hell, but he can be extremely useful and you never know when you'll need him!

3. Donghae out of his place for at least three hours.
Well, if Heechul accomplishes his mission, then it shouldn't be a problem.

And then...
4. A romantic atmosphere!
Psh, that should be easy. Check! So, let's get right into it, thought Hyukjae with a wide smile.

~*~*~

"Heechul?"
"What do you want?"
"Oh, what a nice greeting", Hyukjae hissed.
"Oh, forgive me, your majesty." Heechul mocked, "Should I have said-"
"Come on, Heechul, I don't want us to argue right now." Hyukjae cut his flatmate off. "I was wondering if you could help me... Erm... set up an event for Donghae, so I could... confess."
"Yah, cheesy brat, you want me to sing a ballad for both of you while you’ll be showing him how much you want to get into his bed?"
"Are you out of your mind? We both know you CAN"T sing AT ALL. Even Heebum knows it." Heechul was going to protest, but Hyukjae was faster “And I DON’T want to get into his bed. At least before he accepts my feelings” he added. “I need to have a phone number. Of Choi Siwon, Donghae's only friend. And I would like him to take Donghae out, so that I could prepare everything at his place and-"
"And you want me to get his number for you... What do I get in return?"
Hyukjae sighed. Well, everything for Donghae. "You can use the bathroom before me. For two weeks."
"Big deal! I could manage without it. But okay, let's say I agree. What was his name again?"

~*~*~

"Here you go." Heechul put a sticky note with a sequence of numbers written on it.
"You managed to find it in FOURTY FIVE MINUTES?" Hyukjae exclaimed in disbelief "Wow, this is what you call efficiency!"
Heechul beamed. "Actually, it was easier than making instant noodles. He's our new employee." said Heechul.
"Really? What does he do?" asked Hyukjae.
"He doesn't, yet. He's been hired as a new assistant, but I think he starts his job in two days."
"Right. Thanks a lot, Almighty Heechul. I owe you"
"Yeah, you're saying it now. And tomorrow you'll be banging your fists on the bathroom door and hurrying me up, saying that you hate me and that if I don't come out, you'll piss all over yourself. Yeah, yeah, you owe me." and with these words, Heechul came out of Hyukjae's room, leaving him not-really satisfied.

~*~*~

"Hello?"
"Hi, it's Hyukjae, we met at Donghae's, remember?"
"Ah, right" said Siwon. You are the one in love with Donghae, right? What's the matter?"
"Can I ask you- WAIT. HOW DO YOU KNOW..."
"It was obvious! You were staring at him all the time!"
"Well, I was staring at him because he had told me he was mute just a moment before you came in!" Hyukjae replied defensively.
"Well, I thought you had something in your eyes..." he felt silent for a moment. "But it's true, right? You love him?"
"Y-yes." Hyukjae mutterd silently.
"Then, what's the problem? Why are you calling?" asked Siwon.
"Oh, right. I would like to ask if you could take Donghae out today, so that I could prepare a little... event. For him." Hyukjae heard silence on the other side.
"And that's all?” Siwon said happily after a second "Oh, of course I can take him out! Actually, I have nothing to do tomorrow, I'm starting my new job in two days and till then-"
"That's really great! You’re saving my life!" shouted Hyukjae into the speaker. "Do you have spare keys to his house? I would like to arrange a few things inside. You know," he added, feeling thad he had Siwon on his side. "I want to confess to him properly"
"Awww, you're cute! Ehm, I mean... Yes, I've got the keys. I'll leave them under the doormat."
"I understand." said Hyukjae, amused by Siwon's first reaction. "Thanks, Siwon."

~*~*~

   The next afternoon Siwon texted Hyukjae and informed that he was taking Donghae to the swimming pool and that the house would be empty in about an hour. Donghae protested in the beginning, but in the end Siwon persuaded him with a very... tempting vision of Donghae having nice muscles and a six-pack. Which apparently Donghae wanted to have so badly. Hyukjae's blood drained from his face and went dangerously south at the thought of seeing Donghae's six pack. Definitely tempting. God bless you, Choi Siwon.

   Hyukjae arrived at Donghae's, found the keys and went inside.

   Well, Lee Hyukjae. Time to win over Donghae's heart.

 

 


A/n: So, Hyuk is going to confess again! :D How will Hae react this time?
I must say I'm feeling terribly awful about what's going to happen next, because it won't be anything surprising for many of you, I guess, but well... ;) Bear with it, please :)