Chapter one.

Meet the silence

   What else was I supposed to buy? Aish... "When will you start making some shopping lists, Kim Heechul?" Hyukjae muttered under his breath. He sent a death glare at a young, innocent girl who eyed him curiously. Her cheeks became crimson red immediately and she dashed away from him shouting something incoherent to her mother, who happened to be facing a very disturbing and difficult choice at the diary section and wasn't bothered by her little girl's scream at all. "Parents these days..." sighed Hyukjae and strolled in direction of the checkouts. Heechul will have to survive without this -whatever he wanted me to buy- thing, he thought.

   Hyukjae joined the queue. There, in front of him, stood a guy, around his age. Being gay for his whole life, single at the moment, to be precise, Hyukjae checked him out thoroughly. Handsome face, big brown eyes, thin but nicely-shaped lips, slightly longer chestnut hair, nice muscles, slender silhouette, round butcheeks... He gave himself a mental slap for this thought. Hyukjae, you're in the supermarket, for god's sake, not in a night club! He shook his head vigorously to get rid of his thoughts.

   Suddenly the cashier asked the boy if he had any coins as she hadn't had change for him. And, surprisingly, the boy said nothing and just shook his head. She turned out to be one of those 'nasty old hags', as Hyukjae and Heechul were used to call them, and whined at the boy's direction: "Young man, when an elder women asks you a question, it would be nice if you opened your mouth and kindly gave her some response, don't you think?"
Hyukjae torn his gaze from the strawberry-fragranced condoms lying neatly on the shelf beside the checkout (that he considered really useful in everyday life and was just wondering if he still had some of them at home) and peered at the couple in front of him, the conversation between them suddenly appearing much more interesting. Well, you couldn't really call it a conversation. The boy remained silent, looking down shyly. The woman continued her monologue. "What a bad-mannered fellow! If you were my son, I'd teach you how to talk! Yah! What is your name? Who are your parents? What do they do? Why are you silent, I ask you!"

   This was too much for Hyukjae. The cashier looked like she had only started her speech and he didn't excactly feel like spending the rest of his afternoon in the supermarket, so he decided to act. Somehow he felt that the boy had a reason for staying quiet and his sympathy for him welled up. Besides, her questions were ridiculous, so he decided to put an end to them.
"Exceuse me" he said politely. "I can offer you some coins in order for you to give change to the client here." He rummaged through his bag, took out a wallet and handed the woman some coins. "Is it enough?" She nodded, a bit confused.

"Now, I think the queue has become so long that you won't be able to take a break soon. If you would kindly go on your job, I think if would be beneficial for all of us."

   Oh yeah, Hyukjae was good with words.  Now she was staring at him, doumbfounded. Something seemed to have clicked in her head and she passed the coins to the boy who immediately rushed away, again, without a single word. Hyukjae followed him with his eyes, frowning. "Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt him if he thanked me for saving his ..." he thought wryly. As the cashier asked him to pay for his stuff, he gave her the money and also excited the checkouts area.

   He made his way to the parking lot just in time to see the boy opening his navy blue, old-looking Toyota. "Hey, you!" shouted Hyukjae, hurrying towards the boy, who didn't seem to hear him. "You, checkout boy!" the mentioned guy turned around. As his eyes met Hyukjae's, the latter felt something in his stomach that he couldn't name. He ignored the deeling for now. No time for such things, he thought. "Hey, don't you think that you owe me something?" The other pulled his left hand out of his pocket and was about to hand Hyukjae's his money. "Come on, don't be silly, i didn't mean the coins. I meant some "thank you" or at least - he was cut off by the boy's reaction. He suddenly made a 90 degrees bow, straightened his back, smiled awkwardly and got into the car. Hyukjae watched him drive away and, following his "let's play Sherlock" instincts, looked at the registraton board. 1531JSM2. He turned around and slowly made his way to his car at the other side of the parking lot. He was left without answers. And this was something he didn't like at all. He smirked.
"I'll find you, checkout boy."

 




A/n: So, this is chapter one. Do you like it so far? Oh, and it was like...  2 am when I was writing this, so there surely will be some typos and grammar mistakes, but please bare with them, ok? Give me your feedback, please, and remember - comments + subscribers = LOVE ! ;););)