Chapter sixteen.

Meet the silence

   Hyukjae felt Donghae's warm breath tickling his left cheek. He smiled, keeping his eyes closed. I don't want to get up, he thought, imagining how terrible his day would be. How about I called my boss and asked him to find someone to replace me on the morning shift at the bar?

   His thoughts were interrupted by a hand which sneaked around Hyukjae's waist. Soon, the hand was followed by a leg which decided to curl around his legs. Hyukjae was suddenly wide awake and aware of being completly trapped by Donghae's body. He chuckled to himself, amused and happy about the circumstances. Who wouldn’t like little being cuddled by their boyfriend in the morning?

   "Hey, Donghae" he said quietly "Wake up, you snuggler..."
Donghae slowly peered through one eye, closed it and opened again, greeting Hyukjae with his sweet sheepish smile.

"I have to get dressed, you know?"
Donghae rubbed his face with his free hand, the other still placed on Hyukjae's waist.
"And you kind of... make it impossible, dear."
Donghae slowly looked down at their entangled limbs, then at Hyukjae and at their legs again. He withdrew his arm and leg in a blink of an eye, slightly embarassed. Hyukjae laughed. "Still so shy... Don't worry, I liked it, being hugged" he said. You looked so peaceful sleeping in my arms... I wish I could see you like that more often."

   Suddenly Hyukjae's phone went off. He groaned and looked at the screen. It was his boss calling.


"Hello?"
"Hyukjae? I'm afraid you're free today" said the man on the other side.
"Really?” he couldn’t hide his excitement. “Why? What happened?" asked Hyukjae.
"It's kind of an emergency, my father had a heart attack and was taken to hospital, I need to go to Daegu and check if everything's fine" replied his boss.
"Oh, I see. When will you be back?" Not too soon, not to soon, Hyukjae thought desperately.
"We'll be closed this weekend. I'll be back on Monday morning and so will Shindong, so I' ll see you on Monday evening before your concert, okay?"
"Certainly. Have a safe journey, boss!"
"Sure thing." and he hung up.

Hyukjae's gaze met Donghae's.

"Well, it seems I don't have to get dressed yet. You can snuggle more, if you wish- Ouch! What was that for?" he exclaimed when Donghae smacked his chest. The younger smirked and got out of bed. Hyukjae watched him leave the room and after a moment heard Donghae enter the bathroom.

Now Hyukjae had to come up with some ideas for them to spend a lovely weekend together.

~*~*~

    As soon as Hyukjae went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Donghae and himself, he spotted a note, left by no other than Heechul.

I must inform you that the fridge is almost empty.
Time to change it, don't you think?
I peeped through your door before leaving.  

Wanted to wake you up, but the sight of such lovebirds made me leave you and Donghae alone. Know my mercy.

And do the shopping!

-Heechul


    Hyukjae sighed and threw the note to the trash can. He opened the fridge. There were 4 eggs, half-empty bottle of milk and a piece of old cheese. Hyukjae scrunched his face. Well, maybe Donghae likes scrambled eggs, thought Hyukjae.

~*~*~

   It turned out that Donghae really liked scrambled eggs, so they ate their breakfast happily and Hyukjae asked the younger to wait for him in the living room while he would go out for a few minutes and buy a few necessary things in a near-by grocery. Donghae agreed, sat on the coach and the TV, indicating that he would just sit here and watch some morning show.

   About twenty minutes passed until Hyukjae re-entered the flat. He put the food-filled bags on the kitchen table and quietly sneaked into the living room. Donghae seemed not to have noticed him. Hyukjae's evil mode and he approached the other from behind the coach. He started placing soft, ghost-like kisses up his boyfriend's neck and then along his jawline. Donghae stiffened a little, but relaxed after a second and even leaned more into Hyukjae's touch. Hyukjae's pulse sped up, so he got onto the coach quickly and sat beside Donghae. The latter turned his head and the boy's lips meet Hyukjae's one more time.

I could live like this forever, thought Hyukjae.

   This time the kiss was much more intense, Hyukjae took up his courage and Donghae's upper lip before biting it lightly. Hyukjae felf Donghae's mouth open and he slid his tongue into Donghae's mouth. Donghae straddled his knees and made himself comfortable on Hyukjae's lap, his hands pulling the older even closer. Hyukjae traced the younger's cheekbones with his thumbs as he explored and got acquainted with sweet, delicious warmth of Donghae's mouth. Hyukjae decided to make the next step and gently the younger's tongue.

   And it appeared out of thin air, mixed with Hyukjae's silent gasps, a sound he'd never heard before and didn't expect to hear. Donghae let out the iest moan Hyukjae had ever heard. It wasn't loud, but it was filled with passion and love. It was incredibly arousing, it sent shivers down Hyukjae's whole body and set it on fire. Hyukjae felt lost in the sound of Donghae's voice and craved for more, because it was both soft and sharp, shy and needy, calming and waking. It was perfect. They parted after a while, breathing heavily.

"Again, Donghae, do it again" panted Hyukjae and pressed his lips against Donghae's neck, kissing the way up and on it lightly, up to the younger’s cheek. But the sound didn't come out for the second time. Donghae lightly pushed Hyukjae away, tears slowly filling his eyes, one going down his cheek, tear of regret and helplesness.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked for it" muttered Hyukjae, intimidated by the younger's tears.

   Donghae shook his head. 'It is me who should be sorry' he signed. 'I forgot myself completely, thanks to you, it was amazing and the feeling of my vocal chords trembling again... Utterly incredible, but I don't know how it happened. And no matter how much I wanted to let out a sound again, I couldn't... I'm sorry' and he cried silently.

   Hyukjae didn't understand everything, but he saw that the younger was lost, that he didn't quite comprehend the situation. The older hugged Donghae and placed a soft kiss on his temple.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I'll be there for you no matter what. Remember, you are yourself and you don't have to change" he said in a warm voice "I'll love you, speaking or mute, because you are just Donghae, my dear Donghae." And they stayed like this, embracing each other on the couch in Hyukjae's living room (with a break for late lunch, Chinese takeaway) untill it was time for Hyukjae to go to his sign language classes.

   Donghae went home and Hyukjae decided to leave his car and walk to his destination, because the weather was nice. He was re-thinking what happened earlier over and over again. If Donghae could make a sound like that (deep breaths, Hyukjae, don’t get too excited, he thought), he could be able to speak again. And Hyukjae didn't want to hope for nothing, but it seemed like he was on a right way to help him.

 


A/n: Finally, finally, finally! And guys, you've seen all those superohmyhollycrapamazing-immafangirlingalltheitme teaser photos, right? Comeback is soon! Together with my ginal exams' results... But who cares, SuJu's back! xD

So because I've been out of the world without the Internet, because you're the best readers in the world and because I feel like it, I'm going to update tonight once again, to make up for my longest (up till now) break =^^=

Comment and see you in... six hours? I guess?