Chapter two.

Meet the silence

    Lee Hyukjae worked as a rapper in local club. He wasn't famous in a whole city, but he had a circle of faithful fans who had always come to his gigs and he was satisfied with that. Of course, he had had dreams of making big career, concerts, fanmeetings and giving autoghaphs, but he didn't chase them putting everything else aside. He was 26, graduated from University (he was an architect, as he'd always enjoyed making sketches and he didn't mind doing some calculations). He decided that when he'd turn too old for rapping, there would be something else he could do for a living, for what he hated most was idleness. For now he did what he loved. The flow of words, the rythm, the beat- they were his best friends.

    He was mostly busy in the evenings, so he was used to getting up pretty late, around lunchtime sometimes. In the afternoons he hang out with his flatmate, Kim Heechul, who worked as a headhunter for the major corporation and -as Hyukjae often said- he ruled it. He had a mysterious ability to find in a crowd of people someone that was needed right at that time. He was very perceptive and therefore it was almost impossible to keep anything secret from him. Almighty Kim Heechul knew everything about everyone, without making the slightest effort.

    Back to Hyukjae. After meeting the guy in the supermarket, he became extremely irritable. So it wasn't any kind of surprise for him, when two days after unlucky meeting Heechul asked: "Dude, mind telling me what's eating you? You've been acting like some time bomb! I keep waiting for you to explode. Come one, what is it?"

    Hyukjae scratched his forehead, choosing right words. He didn't want to tell Heechul the story about some silent guy whom he savedn from some predatory cashier. He didn't want Heechul to find out that he actually felt really attracted towards the silent boy and he wished that he could avoid being laughed at because of it. But what he knew was that once started, the talk with Heechul must be always ended according to what Heechul wanted to know, not what Hyukjae wanted to hide from him. So he told him everything. But, what surprised him, Heechul didn't find it amusing. He was rather curious about all details of the boy's look and his behaviour. Hyukjae realised that Heechul felt similar to him. It was a challenge they both accepted, though for different reasons. Heechul just wished to prove that he was able to find anyone, when Hyukjae, behind the curtain of simple curiosity, felt attracted to him and he could tell that the guy was someone he could get along with.

    So the next day in the afternoon, when Heechul was at work, Hyukjae wore his black leather jacket, black skinny jeans, branded sneakers and aviator sunglasses and went out to start his research. He started from the first place that came to his head: the memorable parking lot. Throughout the way to his destination his mind was fixed on the unknown boy. He parked his car and looked at his watch. It was 3.30 pm., so if the boy was a regular client to the supermarked, he would appear here in about an hour. Hyukjae knew that it was unlikely of him to turn up in this place right then, but he decided it was worth trying. He sat in the car, watching the entrance attentively. Time went by and neither the brown-eyed boy, nor his car, caught his attention. He heard his phone ringing.

"What?" he snapped, knowing without looking at the screen who the calling person was.
"Oww... I see, no results?" he practically could hear Heechul smirking.
"Shut up. I don't have your brains, apparently" Hyukjae sighed, resignation recognizable in his voice.
"My poor little thing, maybe you'll get some luck eventually" Heechul responsed. "Anyway, if you decided you need some help..."
"Forget it, he's mine!"
Heechul burst out laughing. "Tsk, tsk, touchy topic, isn't it? Ok, ok. Actually, I called to tell you, that this time I won't interfere inyour matters." Hyukjae felt strangely relieved hearing this.
"Thanks," he said silently. "I don't know why, but I feel like meeting this guy will be... something. I wish I could-"
"I see. Ok, I'll hang up. Good luck, lover boy! Remember, in state of complete desperation you can always turn to almighty Heechul!"
"No, thanks. Not this tim-"
beep.

*~*~*

    As he drove away from the supermarket, he thought that he must've been an idiot. "Damn it, Hyukjae, what were you thinking?" he groaned. "Do you think that he will come to you like some stupid trained dog?" Pissed off, Hyukjae turned left on the crossing, choosing a longer way to his place, leading through the terraced houses neighbourhood. He needed some time to calm himself down before reaching his shared apartment.

    He let his mind wander around and imagine what it would be like to meet the guy again. Suddenly, he noticed something and pushed the brake violently. The tyres screached nastily on the road surface. In his left wing mirror he saw a navy blue, old Toyota, parked near a red brick house. The registration board read clearly: 1531JSM2.

    "Bingo, Lee Hyukjae."

 



A/n: Aahh... I am really sorry if this chapter is a little boring, but I needed to provide some background information. Thank you, my dear subscribers! There are already 17 of you! O_O ---> \^o^/ *happy* So chapter two comes out a little earlier than I thought it would, but it is a welcome gift for all of those who decided to support my fic :)

Please comment, it gives me LOADS of happiness ;) You know what is coming next, right? *wink*