Chapter twelve.

Meet the silence
  About three hours later Hyukjae got a message from Siwon.

From: Siwon
We're going out of the pool. Will be at Donghae's in 20 minutes. Are you ready? ;)

He typed back quickly.
 
To: Siwon
I'm almost done. Thanks for your help again!

   Hyukjae turned off the oven and glanced around. Everything was just like he imagined it. The fourth step of his plan was finished succesfully. The way from the front door to the dining room was lit by candles, the smell of recently prepared food lingered in the house. Three enormous bunches of red tulips standing in three fancy vases. The table was set and the only point missing was Donghae. Hyukjae sat at the table and decided to use the remaining time to practice gestures he was going to show Donghae for the first time.

Lee
Dong
Hae.

    After a while Hyukjae heard the door being opened and Donghae came in. He heard his steps becoming louder as the younger approached the dining room. Hyukjae looked up and smiled reassuringly at Doghae, who stared at him, seemingly confused and surprised. Hyukjae stood up and raised his hands.

 
And then Donghae sneezed. The mood disappeared in a blink of an eye.
"Oh my, Donghae, are you okay?"
Donghae was about to nod, when it came again.
"Achoo!"
It was a silent sneeze, but what followed it was a bearly audible whimper. And for Hyukjae the Earth stopped spinning. He stared at the younger in awe, not believing his ears.

"Donghae, did I... Did I hear it right?" Hyukjae asked, his voice trembling. "Did you just make a sound?"
The younger could only register a big smile flashing in front of him, when he found himself in a tight grip of Hyukjae's firm arms.
"Achoo!" Donghae tried to push Hyukjae away, but with no result.
"Donghae, Hae, I know that it's not the best way, but please, sneeze one more time! I- your voice- it is the first time I can hear it a-and-" he stuttered "O MY GOD!" Hyukjae shouted, when his hand touched Donghae's cheek. "Donghae, you are hot! I mean- you have, like, HUGE fever!" He took a step back and looked around, panicked. He started flailing his arms frantically and stopped only when Donghae turned and took a step to reach the chair, but stumbled over his feet and nearly fell. Hyukjae managed to catch him and helped Donghae sit up.

"Donghae, this is serious. I'm going to call a doctor."
The younger grasped his arm, frightened, shooking his head vigorously.
"But... I should, you definitely need help." said Hyukjae tentatively.

'You can help me', Donghe signed.

   Hyukjae could only do one thing. He picked Donghae up bridal style and brought him upstairs. Donghae's cheeks were flushed and it was difficult to tell whether it was because of Hyukjae's close vicinity or rather due to fever. Or both.

"Where now?" Hyukjae asked, panting slightly, when they reached the upper floor. Donghae pointed at the door on their right and Hyukjae entered Donghae's bedroom for the first time.

   It was really small, cosy bedroom. The walls were painted in sky blue. Most of the space was occupied by a large bed. There was a TV set in front of the door and a wardrobe on the left. Sheets on the bed matched the colour of the carpet, which was the shade of cafe latte.

   Hyukjae lied Donghae down carefully. "You should rest," he whispered. "Maybe going to a swimming pool wasn't the best idea... What?" he laughed, guessing Donghae's silent question."Of course I knew where you were going!" Hyukjae explained how he wanted to make a surprise for the other boy. "Wait a second, I will look for some medicine. Would you like to eat something?" Donghae, as Hyukjae had expected, shook his head.

   Hyukjae went downstairs and found a pile of medicines in one of the kitchen's cupboards. He took an aspirine and a glass of water. When he came back to Donghae's room he found the younger had already dozed off. Hyukjae took a step closer and leand over Donghae, brushing off hair from his forehead, wet because of drops of cold sweat. "Donghae, wake up for a second." The boy stirred in his bed. "Donghae, open your eyes for a moment. You need to take this pill." Donghae frowned, but opened his eyes, sat up with Hyukjae's help and took the medicine obediently. "Good boy," Hyukjae chuckled "Now sleep. You have to get better quickly."

   Hyukjae went into the bathroom and moistened a cloth with a cold water. Then he silently sneaked into Donghae's bedroom and gently put the damp cloth on the sleeping boy's burning forehead. Donghae exhaled, relieved by the cold feeling.

   Hyukjae couldn't tear his eyes away from the boy. He was so worried about his state and all he could do now was wait. He changed the cloth on Donghae's forehead once again, touched his cheeks to check the temperature, but they were still burning hot. He suddenly felt extremely tired. He sat at the foot of the bed and closed his eyes. He ran his hand through his red hair, messing it up, and sighed.

"Ah... That was definitely not in the script," Hyukjae muttered under his breath. "But you know what, Donghae? I wanted to tell you something very important today" he paused, glancing at sleeping Donghae. "And I have these words all the time. But I won't tell it now. I wish you could hear it, so you have to be conscious."

Hyukjae laid his back across the bed with a soft thud. He didn't find enough energy to come back home. In no time, he was asleep.
 
 

 


A/n: How was it? Surprise - no confession yet! Poor Donghae caught such a nasty cold! T_T But Hyuk's there for him, so he should be okay. ;)
Just because I love you guys I update a little earlier than I had planned :)
Over 60 subscribers! I don't believe it's real!!! *hugging you, yes, you!* You all give me strength with your support, subs and comments! I'll update soon!