Chapter fourteen.

Meet the silence

   Donghae looked at Hyukjae. He didn't reply like he had in Hyukjae's dream, but the older wasn't even hoping for that. Donghae wasn't shocked, he wasn't sad, neither was he excited or happy. He was... calm. And he was clearly thinking hard over something, his brows furrowed slightly.

   Thousands of thoughts ran also through Hyukjae's brain while watching Donghae. There were few things he could do now. He could just get up and go, leave Donghae to let his brain proceed what he’d heard, but it would be tactless, if not completely rude. He could wait for the younger to react in some way, but he was too impatient for this. Or, he could talk again. And being himself, Hyukjae went on talking.

   "Listen, I don't know what you're thinking right now, but please, don't be scared. I can wait, that's not a problem, but I wanted you to know so badly. I don't want to hide my feelings anymore, because I've fallen for you like crazy, I want to court you and if you agreed to become my..." he hesitated "my ...boyfriend, I would be the happiest guy on-"

   He was silenced by Donghae's lips against his. His heart thumped hardly. Could it be real? He moved back, surprised, not excactly knowing what to do next and looked at Donghae questioningly. The other smiled warmly and closed the gap between them once again. Hyukjae, although startled with the younger's unpredictable courage, pressed his lips back. They stayed like this for a second, after which Hyukjae took control over their kiss and started slowly, genty, moving his lips. He tilted his head slightly feeling that Donghae started mimicking his actions. Hyukjae's mind turned off. All he could comprehend was this. Donghae so close to him. Him and Donghae, together, kissing for the first time.

   Hyukjae slid his hand into Donghae's hair and the younger wrapped his hands around the older's neck. It was pure bliss for Hyukjae and he was craving for more contact between them after he felt the other guy's hand drawing patterns on his nape. He carresed Donghae's cheeks with both his hands, unwilling to stop this fabulous moment. Their lips parted too soon for Hyukjae's liking and he looked at Donghae, their foreheads still pressed against each other. The younger was breathing fast, his eyes closed.

   Hyukjae gently touched Donghae’s chest, feeling how rapidly his heart was beating. He compared it with his own heartbeat. It was almost the same.

"Donghae, look at me."
And he did, the intencity of his gaze startling Hyukjae once again.
"How come you always kiss me first?" he asked with a little smirk. "Donghae, what does it mean? First my cheek, then my lips. Why...?"

   Donghae then moved even closer and pulled Hyukjae into tight embrace. The latter hugged him back and smiled.

"Donghae, you won't get off with the answer, you have to sign to me or, I don't know, show it somehow" he whispered "I'm waiting..." Hyukjae added and bit the younger's earlobe affectionately.

   Donghae winced and pulled back. His cheeks were tainted with blush caused by Hyukjae's last act, but he kept smiling, biting his lower lip.

He withdrew his hands from around Hyukjae.
'Thank you for loving me' he signed. 'I kissed you, because you wouldn't stop talking, both times.'

He let out a silent chuckle. 'And I think I love you back. You proved that you really care for me and that I can trust you, even with my life. You were there to support me and you showed me how to be happy again. Yes, I love you too.'

   For the whole time he was looking straight into Hyukjae's loving eyes. The older understood only 'thank you', 'talking', 'happy' and 'love', but the passion in Donghae's eyes told him everything else. He leaned over Donghae and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. "I am not sure about the whole thing," he said "but I think I may ask you now. Will you be my boyfriend, then?"

Donghae nodded and Hyukjae beamed at him, showing his sincere gummy smile.
'Thank you, Donghae. My dear Hae. Love' he signed, a little awkwardly, using the knowledge he got at his classes for the first time.

And the bright smile of Donghae's also told Hyukjae that he shouldn't have any doubts. Because Donghae accepted his feelings and returned them, fighting over his shyness and fear. They would be a couple from now on, Hyukjae would learn sign language and Donghae would open to the world even more, and maybe...

   The lovely atmosphere was disturbed by Hyukjae's stomach growling.
"Aah, I forgot to feed myself after helping you" he chuckled. If you don't mind, I'll snatch something away from your fridge and eat it on my way home. I have a concert tonight and I need to deal with a few things before. And I have my sign language classes!" he beamed at Donghae.

The younger nodded in approval.
"Stay in bed for today. I wouldn't like your state become worse, so I don't invite you to 'Eclipse' today. I'll text you later, okay?"

'I'll be looking forward to it’ answered Donghae with his hands.

"I have no idea what you've just said to me" laughed Hyukjae "but I'm oddly sure that it was something really cute, just like the whole you" he added, waving his hand goodbye and watching Donghae look away with a shy smile.

   As Hyukjae stepped out of Donghae's house, he started jumpind and dancing and giggling like mad. Happiness filled his chest like some kind of baloon, which kept increasing in volume with every passing second.

   In his bedroom, still sitting in his bed, Donghae touched his lips with the tips of his fingers, smiled widely and burrowed his face in one of his pillows.

 

 


A/n: I don't know if that's what you were expecting to happen, because I certainly wasn't when I started writing this chapter, but I hope you like the result! ^^

I'm going to take a longer break now and leave you with the fluff of chapters 13 and 14 for two or three days. I have to figure out what's going to happen to our HyukHae and make a few important decisions about their future xPP But I'll be back as soon as possible! Comment and subscribe, because your comments make me the happiest girl in the world!