CHANGE

HOPE IS A DREAM THAT DOESN'T SLEEP

 

Day by day, weeks by weeks. It’s been 2 months after they declare their friendship. Heechul, Top and Jessica's relationship become closer. Every day they will never miss to visit her and they surely will hangout during her off day.

Their closeness somehow makes Jiyong jealous. He don't know what words can describe his feelings. It’s not jealous because of love. For sure.. It’s what he thought.  Their bond makes him looks lonely and pity. He hates that.

He thinks people will assume he's a lonely guy and hard to approach.


As usual, today Heechul and Top plan to hang out with her. They already stood in front of Jiyong’s door to press the bell. But someone already open the door from inside surprise them who just about to press the bell.

 

‘oh hi..Jiyoung-ah.. Why so early? Where’s Sica? Hyperactive Heechul asks while scanning inside.

 

‘Who’s Sica? There’s no Sica here.’ Jiyong act dumb tried to hold them from entering his house.

 

‘Aish..U knows. Sooyeon.. Jung Sooyeon. Don’t act dumb. You know we call her with that name right? ‘

 

‘Yah Jiyong ah , why you hold us here and not invite us to come inside?’ respect for title big brother, Jiyong give in.

He invites them inside even though he’s not willing to.

 

‘Now tell me, where’s our Sica? I can’t see her anywhere.’ Top ask. He positions himself comfortably on the couch and eats some chips meanwhile Heechul wondering around looking for her.

 

‘She’s not here. She’s going somewhere. Ha no! She went to visit her relatives.’ Jiyong lied.

 

‘Relatives?’ Top and Heechul shout in unison.

 

‘Hey hyung, did you remember she mention anything about her relatives before?’ instead of questioning Jiyong, Heechul asks Top.

 

His question makes Top thinking deeply. He furrows his eyebrows; try to recall each of their conversation.

 

‘No. I don’t think so. Every time we ask about her family, she will answer us with just a smile.’

‘aish!! Why didn’t she inform us earlier? I already plan to have some fun at amusement park.’ Heechul sigh in frustrated.

 

A charming Top pat his shoulder signs him to leave.

 

‘We will leave first. Sorry for bother you, Jiyong-ah. Do tell us when she’s back k.’

 

‘Araso..bye hyung.’

 

Sorry guys, I lie. I just don’t want her to hang out today. Why did I do this? I don’t know. I’m also confused with myself.

 

 

 

Right after a few minutes Top and Heechul leaves, Jessica back with full of plastic bag in her hand.

 

‘Jiyong-shi, this is your order. Can I go now?’ she said in short breath.

 

‘Where you want to go?’

 

‘Hang out with Top and Heechul oppa. I want to bring them somewhere near to me.’

 

Jiyong felt something sting in his heart.

 

‘But, they already left. They just drop by to say sorry to you.’ He lied.

 

Believe with his lies, Jessica felt frustrated and sad.

 

‘owh…it’s okay. But still…I need to go somewhere. I’ll see you later.’ She bows down and exit through a front door.

 

‘No! You can’t’. ‘But his attempt to stop her seems pointless because she already vanish through a thin air.

 

 

Hour after hour, but there’s no sign for her to coming back. The sun is crawling down as the cold wind blow gives chills down to his spine.

 

He walking back forth, worrying for her safety. As he watch the heavy rain by his window, worried was blooming in his heart.

 

He can’t help running to the front door waiting for her while holding an umbrella.

 

Every sounds that comes, surely receive his attention.

 

But none of them satisfy his worries.

 

He looks at the sky. His body was shivering. He doesn’t know what this feels. It’s seems like he have experience it before..But he can’t recall.

 

‘Jiyong-shi?’ a soft weak voice approaches him from behind.

 

 

She stands in the rain with a weak smile flash on her face.

 

‘What ar-‘ Jiyong drag her inside before she finish her words.

 

‘What are you doing? Where are you going? Why you back late? Why you’re soaking? Don’t you know what the function of umbrella for? You think they create it for nothing?!’

 

He spilled out his anger.

 

‘Me..i-I’ she stutter in her word.

 

‘Just freaking tells me! And stop your stupid stutters!’ he yelled. But regret with his action later.

 

Tears were beaming in her eyes. She tried hard to not drop any of it in front of him.

 

‘i-uhum’. She clear before continue her explanation.

 

‘I visit my sister’s grave. Today is her death anniversary. Time surely goes by so fast. I didn’t realize the time until the sun ready to sleep. ‘With that, tears rolls down through her soft pink cheeks, but she wipes quickly and give him a smile. Genuine smiles from her.

 

Looking at her sad face but tried hard to cover it up makes he felt horrible and guilty.

 

Jiyong just walks away without saying anything. He’s too ego to admit his mistake.

 

 

Mianhe. But that word stuck at his throat.

 

 

 

Jiyong pov

 

 

Well, it’s been building inside me, for I don’t know how long. I know it’s bad but I can’t forget the hurtful feelings. I keep on thinking and something bound to go wrong.

 

The way she looks in my eyes and makes me realize, how far I drown with my own feelings. How far I go with my hatred deep inside my heart?

 

I guess I should’ve kept my mouth shut and leave. But I can’t back down now; I pushed her too far in the pain.

 

End of jiyong pov

 

 

 Last night was a worst night for both of them. Someone full with guilt inside his heart and the other one, suffer from other’s words.

 

Jiyong can’t sleep well thinking of his overreaction towards Jessica. He wakes up with dark circle under his eyes and a slight dizzy in his head.

 

He walking passes Jessica room and wonder whether she already wakes up or not. Or maybe she’s in the middle of her routine.

 

The floor is all cleans and all the things place in the right position. He makes his way to kitchen room, hoping for catch a glimpse of her.

 

But no one was there. Frustrated with the outcome, he sits lazily on the chair with his palm supports his face.

 

He eats the food that Jessica has prepared earlier.

 

He munches the food slowly hoping that she will come out and take a bite with him. But fail. She’s still not come out from her room even after a few hours.

 

Worried if she might run away, Jiyong took a fast steps heading to her room. He knocks the door but no response. He knocks harder even almost bang the door. But still, there’s no response. He twists the door and walk in silently.

 

He almost explodes when he saw her laying on the bed with a thick comforter cover her body. He thinks that she just lazily lying down and does nothing.

 

He felt slightly regret for feelings sorry to her.

 

‘yah!! Jung Soo Yeon! Get hell out of there!.’ He throws the comforter away and exposes a trembling body of her. Her sweet pale face change to red dark shaed, sweats were all over her body, and she hugging her knees closer to her chest.

 

He startle with what he had seen. He walks closer and touches her forehead with his palms.

 

She’s burning. And a little tears drop from her eyes.

 

‘yah! Hang in there. I’ll bring you to the hospital.’

 

‘g-gwenchana..Let me be.’ She whispers.

 

Being cold Jiyong, he ignores her words and holds her tight in his arm and carried her away.

 

****

 

In the hospital

 

Jessica pov

 

I wake up in a strange place. it’s all cover with white color. I rub my forehead using my palms. It’s slightly hot. I don’t know how I turn up in this place. The last thing I know is taking some rest after finish my morning routine for awhile before my boss wake up.

 

My boss? Oh crap! I need to go now.

 

I was about to stand but dizziness in my head makes me stumbles down. I groan and try to wake up again. But this time someone holds my left wrist tightly and stops me from what I’m doing.

 

‘Where you want to go?’ he asks.

 

I turn my head, looking at my boss, sits calmly on the chair while holding my wrist with his strong hand. He looks worried.

 

‘I’m sorry.’ He said and causing me to chock with my own saliva. I blink my eyes for a few times. Did I heard wrong?

 

‘I’m sorry for last night incident. I’ve no intention to scold you. Maybe, if you told me early, I can accompany you to go there.’

 

He looks sincere. I don’t know how to handle this kind of situation. What am I doing is just smile brightly to cheer his gloomy face.

 

‘No. It’s okay.’ And then he hugs me close to his body. I can smell his fragrant and it’s totally melt me inside. I’m blushing like a crazy and tried hard to get hold of myself.

 

He is your boss. He just concern because you’re his staff. Don’t dare to think more than that Jung Sooyeon.

 

 A silent awkwardness fills in the space right after he broke his hug. We keep on avoid our gaze until someone. No 2 person who close to me now, broke the silent.

 

‘Sica!!!!! How are you? Are you okay?’

 

‘How can you get sick?’

 

Top and Heechul oppa burst in and give me a tight hug and almost make me straggle.

 

‘Get well soon. We will treat you some yummy food and also…we will have some fun at amusement park!!!! ‘

 

‘Yeah!!!’  We shout in enjoyment until someone clear his throat to attract our attention.

 

‘uhhum….I want to join too.’.

 

‘What?!’ we shout in unison. Our jaw drops and hangs in there for a few minutes. Is this really Kwon Jiyong that I know? Did he hit his head somewhere?’

 

His face turns to red shades. Did he embarrass with his words?

 

 

Well......time can change someone right? Maybe..This is a good sign for our relationship.

 


Stubbornness does have its helpful features.  You always know what you are going to be thinking tomorrow.  ~Glen Beaman

 

THANKS FOR COMMENTS GUYS....SHORT UPDATE FROM ME...I'LL UPDATE ASAP SINCE I'VE 2 DAYS OFF. ^_^.& ONCE AGAIN....THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORTS

 

XOXO

NINIE