New Year Eve

Managing My Exs
It has been almost a year since Tiffany and Baekhyun became ‘an item’. Surprisingly, everyone was cool with it. The company, the fans, the boys. Baekhyun was so sure the company would call him in and talk about his little stunt, but all they did was congratulate him. The fans in their sites just talked about how romantic it was and wished they had a boyfriend like him, and gushed about how lucky Tiffany was. 
Now they live together, well, Tiffany lives there by herself a lot because Baekhyun would always be with the boys and on tour and travel a lot. She would sometimes get lonely at home alone, but Jessica would often visit her and they would have sleepovers. 
Today, however, is New Year’s Eve, and Baekhyun is in Malaysia promoting their new album and won’t be back until the 2nd of January.  So there is she, laying on the long sofa, watching Heirs, enjoying her own company. 
Her eyes would drift to the pictures of them over the year they’ve been together along the wall of the living room. One was in Disney Land, she wore her Mickey Mouse handband, posing with the peace sign while he pulled her close and planted a kiss on her cheek. Her face expressed surpise as she wasn’t ready for him to do it and surrounding them was snow. 
Another was of them at the beach in Bora Bora, he managed to get a week break from the busy schedule and they went on a retreat. It was of her, lying on the beach in her pink bikini while he laid on her stomach, she was shielding her eyes from the sun while he smiled. 
The next one, and her personal favourite, was a picture of them at the New Years firework display last year in Singapore, where she was able to go with him on the tour. She was on his back, his arms looping behind her to support her while she held out two sparklers, the sparks light up their faces in orange glow. Her legs hugged tightly around his waist. His smile was bright, his eyes squinted. Her face was inches from his, resting on his shoulder, while she smiled really bright as well. 
Kai had taken the photo for them. In the background was the firework display, lighting up the dark sky in different colourful colours. Every time she looks at that photo, she couldn’t help but smile at the good memory. 
The doorbell went off and tiffany groaned as she stood up. it’s probably the pizza delivery she ordered for herself to enjoy. It was already 10pm at night and she was still eating, okay, don’t judge. 
When she opened the door, she was stunned to silence. There he was, standing there in his y way, smiling at her, holding a big bunch of roses. 
“surprise!” he yelled and she was still there, unable to move. How...when...
Seeing the questions twirling in her eyes, he answered her unspoken questions. “I got off early. I have to go back soon, but flying here was worth it” 
Tiffany was speechless but her face broke into the widest smile. She rushed him unexpectly and gave him the biggest hug. Baekhyun laughed as he held her close, moving the flowers out of the way before she squishes it. 
“I miss you” she murmured into his chest. she felt his light kiss on her forehead. “I miss you too”
“come in!” she pulled him inside and took the flowers off him. she was never a fan of roses, but then he always bought home flowers every time he’s away for longer than three days. And gradually, she grew to love roses, especially when it’s from him. 
“oh , I need to get my suitcase. Wait here for a second” baehkhyun said suddenly as he rushed out of the room again. while she waited for him, tiffany took out a large vase so she can put the roses in. 
When the door open again, she didn’t bother looking up and continue to arrange the flowers when she felt his arms around her, wrapping her up against his warm chest. he smelt like her favourite perfume and snow. She breathed him in deeply as he pressed a kiss on her shoulder before her cheek. 
“I got something for you” he whispered against her skin. A good shiver ran down her body as he laughed. 
“is that so?” she turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck, looking up at him. his hair still had some unmelted snow on it, and was slightly damp. Gently, she brushed the snow away and placed a hand on his cheek, which he turned into. 
“yeah, I hope you like it” his lips was against hers before she could reply. He felt so good. She would never get sick of his soft lips against hers and the way he breathed her in. 
“I’m sure I would love it” he stepped back and tiffany saw a large box with a big red bow. 
“what is that?” she slowly approached the box. She jumped when she heard a yelp and rushed the box, pulled the lip open and saw the cutest little puppy in the history of the world. 
“omg you are the cutest little thing eveerrr~~!” she squealed, hugging the small black poodle to her chest as it her face. 
“do you like it?” Baekhyun knelt down next to her and patted the small dog, which in turn started to his finger. 
“I love it” tiffany hugged the dog close and turned towards Baekhyun. “I love you” 
“I'm never going to get sick of hearing that” he murmured, kissing her tentatively. 
“what are you going to call it?”
“bacon” Baekhyun laughed out right as he patted Bacon. “Hello there bacon”
The dog yelped, approving of its new name.  At the sound of popping, Tiffany, still clutching the door, rushed towards their balcony, fireworks light up the sky as the big projector on the side of buildings flashed HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
“happy new year baby” Baekhyun pulled tiffany against his chest while tiffany cradled the dog, who was enjoying the fireworks. Tiffany smiled as she felt a kiss against her cheek. She leaned back against Baekhyun’s firm body as they all enjoyed the fireworks together in peaceful silence. 
 

THANKYOU AND HAPPY NEW YEAR~~