Love or to be loved, that's the question. Chapter 16

Love or to be loved, that's the question.

Chapter 16

 

Two minutes to go.

 

Hankyung sighed watching the bubbles bubbling in the boiling pot filled with eggs and the hot steam rose heating his face. He brought his hands up to the bump on his forehead and winced in pain when his fingers came in contact with the huge bruise.

 

Damn it hurts so much! I wonder how is he coping…

 

His face spells guilt as he steals occasional quick glances at the figure seated at the dinning table with his back facing him. A couple of times, he couldn’t help but chuckled at his cute princess.

 

Heechul was seated at the dinning table with a face of worry. His cheeks puffed out cutely in anger and a pout formed on his plump lips. Looking into his hand mirror, Heechul caught sight of Hankyung smiling like an idiot while watching him from the stove.

 

How dare him!

 

Anger rose within the diva. Slamming the hand mirror on the table, Heechul turned to glare at him with furious eyes causing Hankyung to jump a little and fear swept through him.

 

How can such a cute and pretty little thing be so scary, murderous and intimidating at the same time? It just doesn’t make sense.

 

Hankyung gulped and turned his gazed back at the boiling pot of eggs.

 

Heechul continued sending daggers stares for another minute before picking up his hand mirror once again. He watched himself in the mirror and brushed his fringe from his forehead and gasped in horror.

 

Oh my… my… my…

 

An ugly bright purplish bump came in sight.

 

My beautiful forehead! My lovely face! How am I supposed to face the world with such an ugly defect!

 

His eyes watered at the ugliness. He winced and his face scrunched up in pain as he ran his fingers around the bump, examining his injury.

 

It is all because of that stupid ert!

 

Heechul being Heechul, his emotions were like a roller coaster ride. 30 seconds ago, tears swelled in his eyes because he was worried and sad about his ugly bruise but in a spilt second difference anger overtook. He huff and cursed in his head.

 

Heechul was so engrossed with his cursing; he failed to notice the approaching Hankyung.

 

“Let me take a look at your head. Does it hurt?” Hankyung deep voice startled him.

 

Slamming his hand mirror down once again, Heechul puffed his cheeks and glared up at Hankyung. “What do you think !”

 

Hankyung let out a soft sigh and placed the bowl on the table before kneeling down in front of Heechul. He then ran his fingers across his bump before leaning in for a peck.

 

“I am sorry Rella, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He whispered with his lips on his bump and Heechul was too shocked to react. After what felt like ages, Hankyung finally pulled back, leaving a stunned Heechul with a visible faint pink on his cheeks.

 

No knowing what to say or how to react, Heechul decided to keep quiet for once. He watched as Hankyung took an egg from the bowl and started peeling.

 

What the ? Is he hungry? Is that breakfast?

 

Heechul frowned as he watched in silence. Once the egg was freed from its shell, Hankyung wrapped the egg with a handkerchief. Once everything was done, he looked up and smiles.

 

Damn he looks… hand- YAH KIM HEECHUL!!!

 

Heechul huffed and folded his hands across his chest.

 

Hankyung chuckled. “What are you thinking in your little mind Rella? Me and how charming I look?”

 

Heechul was about to spat back but Hankyung interrupted.

 

“Come here, let me ease your pain.” Hankyung said and dragged Heechul to the living room and sat him down on the sofa comfortably before sitting down next to him.

 

“Come, turn your face over.” Hankyung instructed.

 

Heechul turned his face reluctantly and snarled when he saw Hankyung raise the handkerchief with egg towards his bump.

 

“What-what are you doing with that egg?”

 

Hankyung chuckled and pressed the handkerchief onto his bump.

 

“Ouch!” Heechul attempted to move away but was held back by the latter.

 

“Don’t move. It will feel better in a while.”

 

Heechul stopped struggling and pouted but stopped struggling and let Hankyung work his wonders.

 

Mmmm. The warmth from the egg is comforting and my head doesn’t hurt as much now.

 

“Comfortable?” Hankyung asked and Heechul just nodded his head.

 

Hankyung rolled the egg gently back and fore on his bump, afraid that it will hurt him.

 

“Back in China when I was a young boy, whenever I fell and got bruises, my mother will prepare some hard-boiled eggs to ease my pain and it helps in reducing the swell too.”

 

“Bluff.”

 

“I am serious.”

 

I know.

 

“Whatever.

 

For a while, they stayed in this comforting silence.

 

Heechul relaxes into the sofa while Hankyung massaging his bump with the comforting egg.

 

Suddenly, Hankyung jerked up from the sofa.

 

“Damn, I forgot! Here, take the egg and keep it on your bump. I will be back in a second!” Hankyung pushed the egg towards Heechul and hurried into the kitchen.

 

There was a bang! A clash! An ouch! A series of murmured curses.

 

Heechul tilted his head cutely to the side with a raised a brow.

 

What the hell is that ert doing now?

 

★★★★★

Hello I am back and... I am sorry for the long wait >.<

I wrote a short Sichul story the other day, if you are interested here is the link~

Those Raining Days. [Complete]

Thank you so much for reading once again and till the next chapter... Goodbye and take care! ♥