Memory Sickness.

Car Crash Insomnia.

Wtf already 12 subscribers Ö Thank you thank you thank you!!! ^o^

Chapter 4: Memory Sickness.

The doctor nodded and disappeared, only to call the person with the name Ren to come in. I sat up right and looked at Gongchan. The door opened and a boy around my age appeared.

'Excuse me, miss Cha for barging in like this.' Ren said while he bowed a little. He had blond hair and  a girl-ish face but some features made him look manlier too. 'Let me introduce myself first. My name is Choi Minki, also refered as Ren and I'm here to tell you that I got a letter for you.' he explained. 

'Again one? Don't you think that we already know about your plan? Stop bothering her!' Gongchan loudly said. Ren looked sideways at Gongchan with a serious look before turning back to me. 'My friend requested me to deliver you these things.' he said. He was about to take something out of his pocket but got stopped by Gongchan.

Gongchan clenched his fist and attacked Ren violently. He grabbed Ren by his collar and pushed him against the wall. His face was full of anger and close to his. Ren didn't react and just looked at him with a serious look.

'There's no need to act violent. I'm just here to deliver her what she need. I'll leave afterwards.' he coldly told Gongchan but Gongchan was already fuming from anger. 'I don't need anything from you! Na-Young is fine without those things that you give her.' he growled at him.

'STOP!' I sternly said with the little energy I just have gained. I coughed and looked at Gongchan who had turned his head at me. 'Let go of him.' I said softly. Gongchan sighed and breathed deep in. He let go of Ren and stepped cautiously a few steps backwards. 'You've got two minutes.' he informed him. Ren nodded and turned his head from Gongchan. 'Good, that's all I need.' he mumbled to him.

Ren walked closer to me and stopped next to me. He put his hand in his pocket and fumbled in it. It looked like he had to search very thoroughly before he had it. Slowly he pulled his fist out of his pocket and then stuck it out to me. I looked at his fist and saw that he was holding something. Slowly I stretched my hand out and stopped beneath his fist. Then Ren slowly opened his hand and a necklace fell onto my hand palm.

I glanced at it and then with a confused mind back to Ren. 'What's this?' I asked him. Ren didn't say anything and took an envelope from the inside of his black jacket. He neatly placed it onto my hand and unwrinkled the corners of the envelope.

'There's nothing for me to say. I'm just a letterboy.' he told me before turning him around and stepped away. I clenched onto the envelope and necklace and turned to him. 'Wait!!' I stopped him. Ren stopped and turned his head to me.

'Those letters, did you... Did you all bring them to me when I was in a coma?' I asked him. Ren slowly nodded.

'From who are they?' I asked again. 'I'm not allowed to say anything. As I said, I'm just a letterboy.' he spoke, again in a strange and mysterious way.

'They are just all fake, isn't it? You're trying to manipulate her, that's why.' Gongchan scoffed from the corner of my room.

I ignored Gongchans remark and kept asking. 'Then, this rose, did you deliver this also?' I asked him again. Ren looked at the rose in my hand for a long time before he answered. 'I wasn't in charge of delivering you a rose. It's not mine.' He coldly said before he turned away but he didn't step forwards. 'And as for you, Gong Chansik. There's no need to protect her that much. Sooner or later she'll regret waiting that long to remember. You'll see me again.'

With that last said, he opened the door and walked away. Gongchan stared at the door and sighed. He was definitely surprised by his remark. He shook his head and walked towards me. 'Give me those things, let me throw it away for you.' he said while sticking his hand out to me. I shook my head and refused to give it to him. 'These things are from a stranger! It's all crap. Don't you see he is trying to manipulate you with false memories,' he claimed calmly.

I shook my head again and looked at him. 'No, Gongchan, these aren't fake. I-I do remember. A few hours ago, I had a dream again,' I tried to think back about what kind of dream I had but I forgot. I shifted my eyes from right to left while I tried to settle things in my head. 'These, I think that these things can be helpful for me to remember who I am, what I did before and what kind of people I have met.' I told him.

Gongchan rubbed his neck and looked a little concerned. 'But. I don't know. I can tell you these things too. I know what kind of blood type you have, what kind of friends you had and all those stuffs.' he stammered. I shook my head and grabbed the envelope. 'No, I have a feeling that I have more things to discover than you can tell me. I don't even know if you knew everything about me. I think that there were things that you didn't even know of.' I responded.

I slowly unwrapped my hand and stared at the necklace. I took it by its chain and let the hanger hang in front of me. It shone in my eyes and a beautiful diamant swan with little saphire stones was all I could see. Even Gongchan was amazed by it's beautiful sight. He slowly put his hand behing the necklace and pushed it more to his side. 'Woah, Who in the world would give you an diamant necklace? It's not even your birthday.' he said with astonishment. 

'Exactly. You didn't know everything about me.' I mumbled while I looked at the white with pink corners envelope. My fingers started to tear the seal and something pointy stuck out of its opening. I took it out while Gongchan was still observing the necklace next to me. It was an origami crane. It was rainbow coloured. I held it in front of me and stared at it. There was a signature. Very small but if you look better, noticable. It was signed on his wing. 'LB'

Then I took the letter out and unfolded it.

 

5 September 2012, 18:02

 

My dear Na-Young

Finally I was able to feel you again. I could feel your presence near me and it relieved my heart. Seeing you like that was a difficult and painful moment for me. Those cheeks that were always blushing when I was near you got replaced by cold and pale cheeks. They felt cold on my lips. I stayed a while in your room while Gongchan was gone to the washroom. During that time I had observed you and thought back about the last time I had seen you. You became thinner. Much more than I have expected. I couldn't help but to think of the time when we first met. You had scolded me for being a brat before you got chased by a swan and fell into a lake. You couldn't swim so I had to save you. That sure was memorable. That lake means a lot for me. That lake was the place where I, for the first time fell in love with you and so did you but you had denied it. You had blamed me for being a distraction and that I had distracted you from the swan. That swan was the symbol of the start of our love. I heard about your memory loss and that's why I give you a necklace now. I bought it in America so you would remember me more faster. I really miss you, I really do.

The time I had stayed in your room was too short and I had to leave. Gongchan can't know about me being by your side. There's a reason for that, that's why I give Ren orders to deliver you letters from me and I never write my name onto the letters. Also, I have put a rose next to you, I don't know if you had noticed it already but, I know that you used to like the scent of a rose. After I have finished my coffee, I'll be returning to a hotel and I'll be staying there. I'll wait for you to remember me and come back to me. Because I won't be visiting you anymore. I'll explain it when we meet again.

Love x.

 

My hands shaked and the things that were mentioned were slightly blurry in my mind. I could hear the memories replaying but I couldn't display them. I could remember a lake very slightly and me falling into it.  I remember that I was very scared and that I thought that I was going to drown and die. But furthermore nothing.

I looked at Gongchan and saw that he was still looking at the necklace. I looked at the date of the letter and then I nudged Gongchan.  'How late is it?' I asked him. 'Maybe it's not too late.' I thought.

Gongchan furrowed his eyebrows and looked confused. 'It's now twenty past six.' He told me. I shot up and threw the blankets from me. I untangled everything from me and a shocked Gongchan looked at me. 'What are you doing?!' he shrieked shocked. 

I didn't say anything and tried to walk. It didn't really work well but after a few tries I got the grip of walking. I ran past an frozen Gongchan and opened the door. 'He said he was drinking coffee right?' I thought.

I searched through the corridors and heard Gongchan after me. 'Yah!!!' he yelled. I ignored him and sprinted to the cafeteria. I didn't give in to the pain. Maybe, maybe there's a chance I can catch up to him. 'Just a little longer. I have to!' I thought.

Finally I arrived but only to discover an empty cafeteria. My hope sank and my shoulders fell. There was no one, only a woman cleaning the tables. She looked up when she saw me and looked confused. 'Is everything alright?' she asked me with a towel in her hand. I looked astonished through the lounge and then turned to her.

I panted and walked closer to her. 'D-Did you perhaps saw a boy drinking a coffee here?' I asked her. The woman thought and then nodded. 'Ooh that nice boy. He already left ten minutes ago. He gave me a lot of tip even if I had only brought the coffee to him.' she chuckled. I loosened my shoulders and fell down on my knees.

'OMY!' the lady shrieked. From far away I heard someone running to me while my eyes were slowly closing and everything was turning. I felt that I was lifted up by my arms and being dragged away.

'He... left.' I thought disappointed.

 

(...)

 

'Well it seems that your condition is good if you're able to run.' the doctor chuckled. 'You may leave the hospital after a few hours.'

I looked at Gongchan and saw him still with a very angry look, looking at the doctor. He nodded shortly and the doctor left, leaving us alone with an awkward silence.

I didn't dare to say anything. Making him all worried while I put my life into danger by a reckless action. 'Gonch-' I tried but got disturbed by an angry Gongchan. 'What were you thinking!' he said. I shrank by his burst and looked down. 'I'm sorry..' I peeped with a little voice. 'But I thought that I could catch up on him if I were fast.' 

Gongchan sighed and went through his hair. 'Then atleast tell me. I could go instead of you. I can run way faster than you.' he retorted. I sighed and shook my head. 'No, I can't. It should be me.' I said.

'Why?' he asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and stared through the room. 'I just had to.' I told him. Gongchan sighed and stood up. 'I bought you some clothes. Go change and I'll see you over an hour.' he told me. I looked up at him and saw him turning to the room. 'Wait, where are you going?' I asked him. Gongchan shrugged his shoulders and took his phone out of his pocket. 'I'm going to call my friend, Minhyun to pick us up.'

 

 

 

Please look forward to the next chapter ^^

Thank you for subscribing and commenting!! ^^

Minhyun *whoop whoop* comes the story in ^^