Unknown Letters.

Car Crash Insomnia.

 

Chapter 1: Unknown Letters.

 

Different sounds were overlapsing each other and lights shone into my eyes. I narrowed my eyes and tried to stick out my hands at it. I tried to reach it as a little kid that liked glinstering things. The touch of the light on my hand felt warm. So warm.

I looked around and found myself in a white room with white curtains hanging and slowly pacing with the softness of the blowing wind. It looked magical, as if this place was never meant to be.

I wore a white dress that tore itself into two layers when it reached my waist. Underneath it was a short, and tight white skirt. I wore white heels and a white bowclip in my hair. 

I looked angelic. 

I took a step and found myself in another room. A more yellowish one while furnitures were neatly placed next to each other. It looked like it was being inhabited by someone. I with my hands across the cupboard and felt the brown polished wood. There wasn't any dust on it. 

A door across me opened itself, revealing two children entering. One girl was short and wore a floral dress while the other girl had a teddybear in her arms. She was adoring it like it was her precious thing. She had silk, long, brown hair and the other one had two blonde pigtails. They couldn't be twins but they somehow are from the same age and judging from their playfulness, this was the house where they lived. 

They were playing around the furnitures, like a cat and mouse game. They didn't see me since the brown haired girl went through me like nothing happened. 

They ran to the table with a dangerous vase standing on the edge. The girls pulled one end of the table cloth and as expected, the vase fell and broke into pieces onto the ground. They stood still while watching at it with a shocked expression. They shifted glares at each other before coming closer and examining it.

This kind of situation reminded me of something but I couldn't remember. Then the room became white and I closed my eyes from the sudden sharp light. 

 

When I opened my eyes, there was no sign anymore of the girls, in fact, there was a white room with a little machine standing next to me, beeping and drawing sharp, green lines. 'Beep... Beep... Beep...' It made.

I looked around, from the ceiling to the deepest of this room. My nose itched from something that was being held onto my face. I lifted my arm and touched the plastic thing that caused the itch. My fingers were numb as if I hadn't used them for a long time but the feeling reappeared after a few times touching. I looked at my arm as I lifted it in front of me. 

My skin looked purple on the sides and some places yellow. Furthermore nothing. Then, I folded my toes, seeing if my legs were able to move. And yes, indeed they moved, but they felt heavy. I didn't have much control over those movements.

'Where... am I?' I thought while I looked around. I didn't get the energy to move my upper body. It seemed paralyzed. 

A door on my left side opened itself, revealing a young boy. He looked tired as if he hadn't slept for ages. He had blond hair and a small face. He was tall and skinny. He had a bouquet of flowers in his hand. The flowers were from the color yellow. Sunflowers. 

But as soon as he saw me, he dropped the bouquet and ran to me. His eyes were widened in surprise as he clenched his hands onto the rails of my bed. 

'Na-Young! You're awake?!' he exclaimed surprised. I frowned my eyes and stared at him blankly. 'Na-Young?' I thought confused. The boy with a happy smile looked at me patiently for an answer to confirm his question. 

'Who's Na-Young?' I asked with a cracking voice. The boy's smile disappeared and made place for a sad stare. A few tears rolled down his pale cheeks. 'No, no, don't. Don't be like this.' he whispered sadly.

'What,' I asked him, trying to comfort him as he looked like if he could cry again. 'Did I say anything wrong?'

The boy shook his head and took my hand. He softly caressed the back of my hand with his fingers. 'Na-Young, do you know who I am?' he asked me hopefully. I blinked with my eyes and stared at him. His features didn't recall anything in my mind. Slowly, I shook my head.

The boy sighed and stood up from his seat. He bent over me and pressed a red button. It didn't make a sound and I could consider it as broken but then a nurse and a doctor entered my room.

'Ah, I see that you're awake. Much more earlier than we had calculated but we're glad that you woke up earlier.' the doctor spoke while he searched through his binder. The nurse held a plate with some water and some fresh bread and placed it next to me on a desk. 'I think you have to be hungry.' she smiled gently at me before backing behind, taking a bow and left the room. 

'Miss Cha, do you perhaps know why you're here?' the doctor asked me. I lifted myself up with the help of the boy so that I could answer more properly. I shook my head afterwards. 

The doctor sighed and closed his binder. 'She has been in a car crash. A blood cloth was found, blocking nerve tissues in her brains. The oxygen in her brains were also cut off. This has caused temporary memory loss. However, there is also small chance she won't remember things for the rest of her life. And above that, she has been in a deep slumber for almost a month. It's normal that she's being like this. But I'll need a CT scan from her brain again to make sure if everything is going well.' he told the boy. 

The boy next to me sighed and backed behind as the doctor walked to me with a flash light, starting to examine me. He flashed between my eyes and I looked at him. 

'Follow the light.' he demanded me. I followed the flash light as he slowly moved from left to right. Then he clicked it off and wrote something in his binder. 'You may speak of luck that you're still alive.' he told me. 

I looked at him and just nodded. I couldn't grasp the situation. 'Her reactions are fine. Be kind to her. Don't rush too much, especially with recalling memories.' the doctor informed the boy. 

The boy nodded. 'But can I tell her who I am and why she's like this?' he asked him carefully. The doctor smiled and patted his shoulder. 'You can, but don't overdo it, let her rest for awhile.' 

The boy nodded and let the doctor out of my room. Then he came to sit next to me on a chair. He took the bread from the plate and began to tore it in little pieces. 'W-who are you?' I asked again as my curiosity burned me. The boy looked up and handed me a piece of the bread. 

I accepted it and stared at him with curious eyes. 

'I'm Gong Chansik. But you can also refer to me as Gongchan.' he smiled as he gave me another piece. 'G-gongchan? What are you to me?' I asked him.

'I'm your half brother.' he smiled. 'Half brother, does that mean...?' Gongchan nodded and smiled. I made an 'o' with my mouth and put a hand on my chest. 'And my name is Cha Na-Young?' I asked him. Gongchan smiled and nodded. 'Indeed.' 

'And how did I end up here?' I asked him. Gongchan sighed and gave me another piece. 'A month ago, you got into a car accident when you were on your way to a birthday party. You ignored a traffic light and got into a crash with a truck. The truck got little damage and the driver stayed unharmed but your car spinned a few times in the air, according to the witnesses and landed on its back while you were unconscious. You were badly injured and got a internal bleeding in your head. You were almost death when the police arrived but luckily, the doctors could hold you into a deep slumber and prevent you from slipping away.' he explained. 

I closed my eyes and tried to recall those memories but the more I thought about it, the more headache I received. 'Aitchh..' I winced in pain while I grabbed to my head. Gongchan immediately stood up and pushed my shoulders down. 'Don't force yourself.' he said. 

I nodded and laid back in bed. 'Oh, so. I can't remember anything.' I told him. Gongchan shrugged his shoulders and smiled. 'Doesn't matter. The good thing is that you're awake.' I smiled back at him and looked at my hand. I was wearing a ring but I didn't know if I had a meaning to it. 

'Eh, Gongchan, how old am I ?' I asked him. Gongchan looked up from the bread and smiled. 'Seventeen.' 

'And I have an drivers license?' I asked him.

'Not anymore.' I frowned my forehead and stared at him. 'Your license got taken away by the police. You need to retake your drivers exam.' 

I pouted and sighed as my eyes dropped onto a pile of folded papers on the table across me. 'What are they?' I asked him while pointing at the papers. Gongchan looked at the direction of my pointing and then stood up. He took the pile of folded paper and dropped it on my bed. 

'I actually don't know. I was planning to ask you when you're awake. I got these from a boy. Twice in a week, he came to visit you and delivered a letter. But since he was a stranger, he wasn't allowed to give you these personally so I received them and put it in your room for when you're awake. I haven't read them though.' 

I chuckled and took one. I unfolded the pink paper and began to read...

 

How was the first chapter? ^^ 

Please look forward to the next chapter ^^ ! 

Ppyong~!! ^^