Learn to accept.

Car Crash Insomnia.

Chapter 17: Learn to accept.

 

She didn't say anything, and just stared to the point that I thought I had something on my face. I stepped a little back, until she spoke. 'Oh, no, no, don't be scared,' she said to me with a sniff. She rubbed her tears and gave me a weak smile. 'I know I look awful when I cry, it's just... I have so much going on lately that these emotions were so overwhelming,' She rattled and she was about to proceed, but I interrupted.

'I'm sorry, but do I.. know you...?' I asked carefully. Her big brown eyes rounded and then she smiled, softening her features. 'I'm Cha Bo Ya. This is the first time we meet in person.' I frowned upon her confession. First time?

'How did you get my number?' I muttered.

'What?'

Oops, I probably said that out loud.

'My number, how do you know my number?'

She chuckled lightly. 'Ah, that, I found it on the ground.' she admitted. I widened my eyes and sat down. 'On the ground?' Is she talking nonsense?

She nodded her head slowly. 'You migt think I'm crazy, but I'm not.' She d in her pocket, and pulled a white paper out of it. 'This. It was swirling around on the ground, so I picked it up.' I took the paper and stared at it. This, is this my cellphone number?

'But you know my name and even know about my accident.'

'Newspapers,' she added. The way she talked left me with more questions. The more I asked, the more strange answers I get. I shook my head and stood up. This is all wrong. I came here to get my memories, not to talk to a stranger.

'I'm sorry, this is a misunderstanding. You should find someone else,' I said, while starting to walk, but Bo Ya grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

'Wait, I- Stop, don't go!' she begged. I turned and frowned. 'Why are you like th-'

'You know Jinyoung, don't you?' she interrupted. 'No, you are close with Jinyoung, right?' she corrected.

I slowly nodded. How did she know? She bent her head, hiding her eyes with her bangs and sobbed. 'Please don't go, w-w-what I said earlier, I was lying,' she confessed.

I sighed and she let go of my wrist. I folded my arms and sat next to her again. 'Then tell me, do I know you or not?'

'You don't know me, but I do know you. I'm Cha Bo Ya, the girl from a grade lower than you were in highschool. I admired Jinyoung, but he was out of my league. I-I wanted to approach him more and because of that, I did bad things. Then I heard about you, and when that rumor about you dating him spread around, raged me. I hated you, even to the point that I wanted to seperate you two. And, one day I stole your number from Jinyoungs cellphone and planned to give it to someone to bother and stalk you. But as time passed, I didn't have the courage to do so, and I began to see the good things in you. There was a day where you gave me an umbrella when it rained, even though I threw it away. And that time, when you stood up for me against the bullies, made me realize that I must be crazy to hurt such a wonderful girl.'

A small flashback occurred in my head.

'Yah! Who are you to judge?' I scoffed at the boy in front of me. 'What are you saying? That girl has an illness. She will get us all sick! It's better for her to leave this school,' he snorted. I balted my fist and calmed myself down. 'You, the only one who should leave this school is you!' I yelled.

He laughed and folded his arms. 'Yah, do you know what kind of illness she suffers?'

'I don't care what she's suffering, I do know that you have no right to pester her like that,'

'Leukemia! She's suffering from leukemia! People can die if they get this disease. I want her to stay home before she affects one of us! See I'm doing a good case here, now out of my way!' He pushed me aside, making me lose my balance. I gasped for breath and jerked his shoulder.

'Yah! Do you even know what that is? It's not contagious. Get your facts straight, pooface!'

'What did you call me?!' His face was close, as he raised his fist. 'You wanna fight?' he threatened.

'Sure, hit me, hit a girl, let's see if you are a big coward!' I retorted.

Before his fist could reach me, we heard a loud yell from behind him. The three of us turned our heads, only to see the principal running towards us with an angry look. 'NO FIGHTING!!' he yelled at us, making us shrink from the sudden loudness to our ears.

 

I closed my eyes and sighed. 'You,' I paused, 'do you still suffer from leukemia? Is that the reason why you are having a hard time now?'

Bo Ya smiled weakly and hummed a soft reply. 'Yes,'

My breath hitched lightly, as I looked at her body. I haven't noticed her bruises on her legs and arms. They were so much, almost dominating her limbs. 'H-How long?'

She knew actually what I meant about this sentence and she gave me a reply with that smiling face, as if she didn't care that she would die soon. 'Only two weeks, I ran away from home to think about things. That's why I called,'

'Shouldn't you spend more time with your family?' I asked, 'They might be worried by now,'

She laughed softly. 'There is never enough time, besides the more you see spend time with them, they willl become more than family to you. They will feel like rocks, holding you down, while you are supposely to fly away. How can I learn to fly if they are holding me down?'

'Yah, that quote isn't meant for that situation, they-'

'I know, and I didn't mean it the way you think. It's just, there are times when you spend so much time with someone, that your heart will start to ache. My family isn't the only one who will suffer when I die. Both sides will be hurt, and when I breathe my last breath, I'll be alone. I will miss them, I will be scared, longing for their warm embrace that I will never have, I will feel powerless and I will only carry those precious memories that eventually fade.'

'Memories, a person can't live without memories. Memories are what makes people human, what makes them 'them'. They are guiding us to the future, giving us something to look back, to the things that we have achieved, the faults that we have made, and to learn but once forgotten, you're only a robot who functions what people tell you to believe and do.' I muttered. 'Hearing you like that, you aren't going to spend time until the last day?'

'I will, but not a lot. I want to get used to being alone, so the fright won't be there when I leave.'

'It seems that you have accepted that your time will come soon,'

'Yes, but don't worry, I will watch over you, guys' She laughed and nudged me. 'That's what people in movies always say,'

I laughed and let out a relieved sigh. 'Well, I can't wait to have invisible stalkers at my side,'

She smiled and pulled my arm. 'Talking about memories, how are your memories doing? Did you get them all back?'

'I'm still progressing, but after your story, I did get a memory back. I'm glad that you called. Sorry that I was rude, earlier.'

'Nah, I shouldn't have beat around the bush when I knew that you are suffering from memory loss. Anyways, I think you should go. I took too much of your precious time,' she smiled while taking an bow. 'It was nice talking to you,'

I hesitated, before nodding. 'Will errm.. I see you again?' I asked carefully. She laughed and waved at me. 'Don't be ridiculous, you'll hear something from me. Not saying anything before I go, is very rude,'

I chuckled and hugged her. 'Stay strong,' I whispered in her ear, before taking my leave. I waved at her and walked back to the bus station, where I had to wait five minutes before I got my bus.

The bus ride was quite calming, as I laid my head against the window and thought about what Bo Ya's words were. She'll be lonely.

'Appa!' I screamed with tears. 'Appa!' A hand pulled mine as I saw his body disappearing in the dark. 'Appa!!!' My throat hurt and a sharp pain burnt the right side of my cheek. I looked up to see my mother with her hand raised. She had that look. That look. Why is she looking at me like that? 'Umma?'I quivered.

I opened my eyes in shock and looked outside. We were almost at my stop, as I had recognized the big signboard. CheongWook Street. Did I fall asleep? I scurried myself off the bus and scratched my head, still a little shocked from the rotten feeling I got from my flashback. I gulped and laid a hand on my chest. Why am I like this?
 Shaking my head another time, I made my way home and entered, only to see Gongchan in the hallway with Ren. They had their hands in their pockets as they looked up to the stairs. I followed their gaze and saw men lifting boxes and furnitures... to my room.

I nudged Gongchan and pointed shocked at the men. 'What are they doing?' Gongchan chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. 'You don't know?'

'What know?'

'That you are going to have a new roommate.' Ren said, without turning his gaze. 

'Who?'

'Me,'

 

Teasing, I hope the story is still interesting ;)

See you soon ^^