Unknown Call

Car Crash Insomnia.

 

Chapter 16: Unknown call.

 

 

 

Hello there! It has been a long time since I updated. I thought a long time about this story and I have decided to rewrite the story from this chapter on. I hope you will still read this story, but if you unsub I understand. It's been a while, and it's harder for you to pick up this story again, but I'll do better in the future. I'm going to deepen this plot more and add more people who have an important role. Thank you for reading this. :) I'll speak to you soon!

 

 

 

Morning came too soon. I yawned and as usual, my head ached like hell. I rubbed my temples while I heard a slight knock on my door. 

'Yes, come in.' I said while I sat up right and pulled the blankets over me. The door opened and Ren stood in the doorway. He looked at me with those emotionless eyes as if I was a object, instead of an living person. 

'Tiffany has requested you to rise early. She has important news.' Ren informed me and for a moment, I felt like a princess who got woken up by a slave. I nodded and Ren turned him around. He was about to leave, but I stopped him. 

'Ren, thank you for always taking care of me.' I said out of the blue. Ren turned his head while his hand was still grabbed on the door. He looked shortly at me before leaving. 

I sighed and rubbed my hair. 'Why is he always so cold?' I thought. 'Did I do something wrong in the past?' 

I shook my head and stood up. I dressed myself and swallowed my medicines. I made a disgusted face and shook my head, in order to get out that dirty taste. 

Then I left my room and headed towards Tiffany who could be found downstairs in the living room and as usual sipping her tea. 

But before I could enter the room, my head spun for a moment. I grabbed my head and closed my eyes. A vague flashback. 

 

'Honey, what happened to you? Why are you so dirty?' a woman asked me. My eyes were burning as warm tears rolled down my cheeks. My throat was dry and I couldn't bring out a word. I was shocked. So shocked. I could only mutter her name. 'Tiffany.' 

'Who's Tiffany? Tell me so that I can help you. We can catch that bad guy who did this to you.' the woman asked again and she wrote something on her paper. She wasn't just a woman. She was a police officer. 

 

And then everything faded. I blinked with my eyes and everything around me turned back from where I was. 'What was th-'

'Ah, Na-Young, you finally came. There's someone you have to meet.' Tiffany said, interrupting my thought. I looked up at her and smiled. Tiffany was still looking at me with that creepy smile and somehow I felt uncomfortable around her. 

'Are you alright? You look pale.' she said. I flashed my eyes to the sides and then gave a short nod. 

'Come on. Let's meet my husband.' Tiffany smiled while she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the living room. I stumbled over a carpet and then when I had lifted my head up, I met eyes with the person that I probably used to like. 

I widened my eyes as he looked at me with those brown eyes. 

'Let me introduce you, the husband that I'm going to marry with next month. Jung Jinyoung.' Tiffany happily exclaimed. I didn't took my gaze off Jinyoung when Tiffany spoke. 

'A-Ah... Nice to meet you, I'm Na-Young.' I stuttered while I pretended that we hadn't met each other. Jinyoung did too and made a graceful bow. I smiled and still looked at him from behind Tiffany who took Jinyoungs arm. She was clenching her so close against Jinyoung which made Jinyoung look a little uncomfortable. She tried to kiss his cheek but he avoided her. There was something that struck me. 

Like a sparkle and I couldn't do anything but to think that I wanted to run away from this room. 'I thought that he was in America?' I asked her. Tiffany nodded and smiled. 'Yeah, but I guess he couldn't miss me much longer. Right, sweetie?' Tiffany smiled while she pulled his arm. 

Jinyoung didn't react to Tiffany's whine and looked irritated. Tiffany pouted and gave out a sigh. 'I think he's a little nervous.' Tiffany told me while she let go of him. 

Tiffany  walked to me when I looked at him. He was so handsome. 'Na-Young?' she asked, putting a hand on my shoulder. 

'Y-Yes?' I said while I was snapped out of my trance. I looked nervously at her. Tiffany had that glare that she could just look through you and for a moment, I thought she could catch me for staring at her husband. 

'I think Ren called you,' she hinted subtle. I narrowed my eyes and looked confused. Called? 'What do you mean I didn-' Then I saw her eyes. Those eyes that tell me to leave them alone. 

I coughed and nodded. 'Right, he called,' She gave me a little smile of gratefulness and turned back to Jinyoung. I gave him a last glare before leaving the room, hearing them talk about their marriage.

It might sound strange but I got a feeling that I wanted Jinyoung to follow me. Did he do that in the past? Would he come after me and give me a surprise backhug? I shook my head and sighed. That throbbing headache didn't go away. I scratched my hair, and stopped in the middle of the hallway. Their conversation was still hearable and I didn't have any intention of eavesdropping, but I couldn't help it. 

'Do you still like that kid?' 

'What are you talking about?' 

'You think I don't know why you returned? It's for her, isn't it?' 

'Like I said, the thing between me and Na-Young is not your business.'

They were talking about me? I heard Tiffany gasp. 

'Why do you still care about that little brat? You should be with me. We're both rich, have so much in common. Our parents approve our marriage, why aren't you happy?'

I knew she was being ignorant, even if I don't really know them that well. But my phone began to vibrate in my pocket, snapping me from my thoughts. I picked up, hoping that it would be Gongchan asking me what I want for dinner, but I was wrong.

'I'm glad you picked up your phone. I tried calling you a few times, but you never picked up,'

I frowned and glared at my phone. The person was lying, but I proceeded to talk as if I didn't know.

'You may have dialed the wrong number.' I was on the edge of hanging up, but her weak voice stopped me. 'Na-Young,'

'Yes,' I said, caught off guard. How did she know my name?

'I called, is...' She took a long pause. 'C-can we meet?'

Meet? Do I know her? Does she know that I have lost my memory and don't remember her?

'Erhmm... I'm sorry, but I don't know you... You see, I lost my me-'

'I know,' her voice was starting to get unstable. Almost as if she was about to cry. 'Please, I have no one....'

Hearing her beg, I couldn't help, but to agree.

'Where?' I asked.

I could hear a sob, before she spoke. 'I'm at the East Park right now.'

I nodded and smiled. 'Alright, I'll be there in fifteen minutes.'

We hung up, as I ran to the kitchen and took my bag. I counted the money in my wallet, hoping that it was enough for the bus ride. I'm glad that Ren explained me where those buses where heading to, so I don't have to ask someone to bring me whenever I go out.

I grabbed my coat, as it was cold and ran to the front door, nudging someone softly against his shoulder. The person turned around and looked, but I didn't stop. My attention was fully on the girl that just called me. My heart raced in my chest. This girl, she knows me, if I see her, I may remember more things. Hopefully.

I rushed to the bus station and luckily, there was a bus waiting. I got in and took a seat. With my bag clenched against my stomach, I patiently wait until it was my stop. Ten minutes later, I arrived at the place, seeing a girl staring in front of her with tears dripping from her oval face on a bench. With a smile, I approached her, and she looked up. Her eyes full of sadness, pierced through my soul and I gasped.

She looked so lost and desperate and I wanted to help her. But her face, her eyes and voice. They were unfamiliar to me. In other words, she wasn't part of my life. Who...is she?