Delusional daylight.

Car Crash Insomnia.

Chapter 3: Delusional daylight.

 

Narrator Na-Young: "Hey, oppa. I don't know if I should say this but I had a dream again, 

...

It wasn't about two girls anymore.

....

It was on a place where there were a few trees and a wide, plain field. The sun was burning a lot while birds were chirping happily at the clear sky. 

....

I was there, dressed in a white dress with a summer hat that covered my face from the burning sun in the clear sky. There was a boy. I didn't know his name but he smiled and waved at me from under the shadow of a very big and old tree across me.

He looked handsome. He wore plain clothes and held the neck of a brown guitar in his left hand. His hair was brown coloured due the shadow and I couldn't guess the real colour of it.

I had blinked with my eyes and when I opened them, I was laying with my head on his lap while his fingers through my silk, long brown hair. At that time, I heard my voice talking with him while he answered every question with a smile. 

"Tell me, when I die early, will you follow me to death?" I had asked him with a smile. The boy had just smiled and had answered me with a gentle voice. 

"Even if you die early, I will stay by your side forever." he had responded. I had chuckled by his answer and had pecked his cheek. Then I had hugged him and had put my head on his shoulder, close to his neck. 

"I love you," I had whispered in his ear. He had caressed my back with his gentle hands and had told me the same. "I love you too."

...

From that moment on, my dream disappeared and I returned back in my head in the darkness. 

 

Slightly I opened my eyes and heard familiar sounds. A boy breathing and a machine softly zooming from his generators and my heartbeat. 'Beep... Beep... Beep...,'

My sight was blurry and I couldn't move my arms properly. They were paralyzed and weak. I couldn't put any energy out and my head was heavy. I slowly turned to the side were Gongchan was sitting with his arm crossed and his head bent down. 'Gongchan...' I softly whispered. My lips were dry and my articulation lacked. I my lips and tried again calling him. 'Gongchan...' Still softly but I could see him slowly stirring in his sleep. His eyes slowly fluttered open as he tilted his head. He rubbed his eyes and took a deep breath. His eyes met mine and slowly his lips curled up. 

'Hey there. You made quiet a commotion back then.' he calmly said while he caressed my cheek with his out stretched hand. I smiled weakly and closed my eyes shortly. I was still tired. 'How long have I been sleeping?' I asked him. 

Gongchan shove his sleeve a little up and glanced at his watch. 'You have slept eight hours, to be exactly.' 

I yawned and stirred in my bed. I tried to lift myself up and to place me up right but I failed and received a warning from Gongchan. 'Be careful! You're still in a dangerous state.' he warned me. 

I gave him a reassuring smile and tried again. I succeeded and chuckled. 'Calm down. I'm feeling a lot better now.' I assured him. Gongchan didn't consider to let go and sighed. 'Just don't be reckless. I'm just very concerned about your mental state.' he sighed concerned. 

I nodded and suddenly, my tummy began to rumble. I blushed and smiled embarrassed. Gongchan smiled and stood up. 'I'll go get you some food from the cafetaria. Wait for me!' he smiled. 

I nodded and bowed my head thankfully. Soon, he disappeared through a door and left me alone. I sighed and plucked some dust from my blankets. When I did so, I accidently touched something unfamiliar from under my blankets. I pushed my blankets a little away and revealed a red rose with a card attached to it. 

I picked the rose up and opened the card. 

 

Get well very soon. I miss your smile. x

 

I put the rose to my nose and smelled it. It still had a strong scent and those leaves were still slightly a little wet. It couldn't be that long in my room. I looked around and saw no one who could have placed it when I was asleep. 'Where have I seen this kind of handwriting before?' I thought. 

I searched through my blankets and saw those colourful letters again. I picked one and opened it just like the previous one. I compared the little card and the letter. The handwriting was exactly the same as in those letters. 'This can't be a prank. It is really for me but who did I met before the accident?' I thought. 

I began to read the letter. 

 

7 August 2012, 19:53

Dear Na-Young

It has already been five days since I live in America. I booked a hotelroom and at night I can see the lights of the city from my bed. It's very beautiful. I wish that you could see it together with me. I had already tried to search for a job but the longer I live without you, the more useless I become without you. I yearn for your warmth in my bed when you used to secretly sneak out from your house, only to spend the night with me. I really miss that. 

Please reply back as soon as possible, I feel empty without you. 

x.

 

Again no name, only a cross. I took another letter and unfolded it. 

 

15 August 2012, 23:46

Dear Na-Young

Didn't my previous letters reach you? Why aren't you replying to my letters? Did something happen to you? I feel very empty and depressive without you. Did your family discover our relationship? Is it why you aren't replying to me? 

Please reply back. 

x.

 

'Since when did these letters arrive?' I thought. I looked up and stared at the calendar across me on the wall. 'Friday, 5 September 2012.' 

'If Gongchan didn't know that I had a boyfriend, then, before the car crash, I had a secet relationship with someone? But who?' I thought confused and yet again, my head ached. I decided to not to think about it more and proceeded to read another one after another one, hopefully discovering his name. 

There was a letter about him, getting a job. Another one about him being lonely and missing me and other things that I would like to hear if I didn't lose my memories. 

After a while, I came upon the last letter. It was written a week ago. This one was a lot more wrinkled than the others. It looked like it had been laying for days in the rain. 

 

30 August  2012, 13:23

Dear Na-Young

I can't believe what I have just heard. No, I don't want this to be reality. Now I know why you didn't respond to my letters. I can't believe that you got into a car crash. Why, why did this have to happen to you? 

I shouldn't have left your side. I can't believe I couldn't protect you. Please be strong. I'm trying to book a flight but due my work, I'm getting stuck here. Please wait a bit longer for me until I'm back at Korea. Please don't leave me yet. 

Please... I love you. 

x.

 

When I finished the last letter, Gongchan came in with a big plate. He smiled and I rapidly hid the letters and smiled at him. 'Sorry, there was a long queue for food.' he apologized. I smiled and shook my head. 

As before he placed himself on a chair and started to tore my food into pieces. 

'Do you always do that?' I asked him. Gongchan looked confused but when he saw me glancing to his bread, he chuckled. 'It was a habit when you're sick. I always used to tore food into pieces for you since you always get a sore throat some how.' he chuckled. 'But if you want it to eat it whole, then you can.' 

I shook my head and opened jokingly my mouth. 'Feed me.' I said with a childish voice. Gongchan laughed and put it in my mouth. 

Then a knock disturbed us and the doctor stuck his head in our room. ' Excuse me but there's a boy outside your room who wanted to see you. His name is Ren.' the doctor said. 

I looked confused at Gongchan but so did he. 'Is he a family member?' I asked him. 

Gongchan shook his head and stood up from his chair while placing the plate on my bed. 'You can let him in.' he coldly said. 

 

 

 

Long chapter duduhhh!! ^^ 

Please look forward to the next chapter ^^

What kind of role does Ren play in here? ^^

 Thanks for subscribing and liking it ^^