The Human

Beyond This World

Kikwang POV

Lee Joon slams into me again, causing me to almost fall off the path. God, he's always like this. But i can't stop myself from laughing. Suddenly he stops and groans, looking across the street. I follow his gaze and put one hand on his arm. It's Cheondung and Seungho. I don't really know the details but i know that Lee Joon and Cheondung were dating for a bit... it didn't end well. Something to do with his gang. Seungho says something and Cheondung gives him a shove. "Come on. They haven't seen us yet." I grabe Lee Joon and pull hime into the ice cream shop on our side of the street. "Let's just wait here until they leave." Lee Joon nods and glances nervously out the window. A third person has come to join them and all three of them are sitting at the table now. We order ice cream, and i try to distarct Lee Joon but with  every glance out the window he grows more miserable.

"Hey... wait isn't that the pretty boy who knew Yoseob?" I glance out the window, ice cream forgotten. Lee Joon is right. Yong Junhyung just stood from his side of the table to sit on Seungho's lap. He was making a face and pointing at Cheondung and Seungho was smiling. What was a friend of Yoseob's doing with gangsters. I feel my stomach turn and remeber what Lee Joon had said earlier when  we met him. "He's you'r type isn't he?" well.... he wasn't wrong. But looks don't mean much if personality doesn't match. They all got up and left. "Come on," I say turning to Lee Joon, who was as absorbed with what was happening across the street as i was. i glance at the three boys one more time. "Let's go to my house."

Lee Joon did another flip on my bed and posed. "When you break you'r neck i'm going to laugh." "Jealousy is an ugly thing, Kiki Hyung!!" "What do you mean Hyung? You'r older than me! We'r only in the same grade because you got held back!" Lee Joon shrugs and bounce on my bed again. "I didn't know they could hold you back for skipping school." I shake my head and laugh. "Hey... can i ask you something?" He looks up at me, looking wary at my suddenly serious tone. "About you and Cheondung." Lee Joon looks down and hesitates for a moment.

"Umm.. if you still don't want to.." "No" he says shaking his head, "It's already been a month. It just wasn't really working out. We met at a new years party and started dating and I thought it was going well... But our personalities were too different..... And every time i brought up the gang he got angry... And then he started abusing me.." "WHAT??? LEE JOON!! Why didn't you..." he bursts into laughter. "Just kidding Kiki!" Lee Joon shrugged and smiled at me, but i could tell he was forcing it. He throws his arms around my waist and puts his head in my lap. "Just don't worry Kiki!!" I sigh and pat his head. "Whatever. Hey, lets call Dongwoon and we can all go out tonight!" "Sounds good."

Doojoon POV

"Im telling Junhyuuuuunngg." I try to ignore Byunghee as he skips behind me. "Dating a human? As the boss, i do not approve... And niether will Junhyuuunngg~" I try to walk faster. "Boss? Whose my Boss?" "Show some respect!" says Byunhgee, smacking the back of my head. I see Dongwoon standing at a table outside the cafe, a scarf wrapped around his mouth. "Now beat it" Byunghee puts a hand on my shoulder and squeezes. "Have fun, and be careful," He says and pats my back before leaving. Jeez, for all his teasing, he's a good guy. Dongwoon is on his cell when i come over so i sit down quietly. He smiles at me and takes my hand. "Who was that?" i ask as he hangs up. "Some friends. they wanted to meet up but i told them i had plans. I want you to meet them. They're great." I smile at him and squeeze his hand. "Who was that you were walking with?" Oh , he saw Byunghee. "Just a friend from work. Why?" "He seems kinda like a flirt." Huh? I turn around and notice that Byunghee hasn't left at all but is standing outside a shop talking to three girls who just camw out. That guy....

"Have fun?" I almost jump out of my skin when i hear Junhyung's voice from behind me. I turn to see him leaning against the wall, eyebrow raised. "Oh come on. Because you never play with the humans." I say as i throw my scarf on a couch. Most demons prefer to live in the human world in disguise. It makes our job as temptors easier... and more interesting. Byunghee, Junhyung and i all share an apartment. "Not really. Not more than i have too." "Ooohh than stalking doesn't count as interaction? Ok." He twitches. "I don't stalk." "You followed a boy around for eight hours today, and sat in his room eavsdropping on his conversation with his friend."

The cool thing about being a demon secretary is i pretty much get to keep tabs on everyone. Junhyung scowles at me. "Not stalking. Working. But that reminds me," he says in a better mood, "I didn't know Cheondung knew Kikwang's friend. This could help me out." He smiles and grabs an apple off the counter, still smirking.

Kikwang POV

I really hate it when Lee Joon is right. I'v always liked people like Junhyung. People who seem to carry around a certain amount of charisma that draws other people in. But i don't really know anything about him... and he hangs out with suspicious people... But one of thos people used to date my best friend so they'r not that suspicious?? Right? And he knows Yoseob, who's the best guy i know. So he's a little good? Or really good? And good looking..... Ah my head hurts. I flip over in bed and wonder if i'll get to meet him again. He was interesting, Yong Junhyung.