But We're Friends

Beyond This World

Kikwang POV

It's now Thursday and four days since i've heard from Yoseob. I've called him five times and sent his six texts. I know that Dongwoon shouldn't have blown up at him like that, but can't Yoseob just forgive him? Or talk to me about it? I check my phone one more time under the desk. I feel my stomach clench. Friend's shouldn't fight, it's not what friend's do. They have to help eachother. This isn't right. They have to be... friends. I squeeze my phone. I don't want my friend to be hurt. That's it, if i haven't heard from him by the time school ends, i'm going to his house.

Byunghee POV

Doojoon holds a finger to his lips when i walk into the room and i notice Junhyung sleeping on the couch, his laptop precariously balanced on his stomach. Doojoon leans forward to gently lift it off his body and put it on the coffee table by the TV. This guy can be such a mother sometimes. I pull off my coat and pause by the couch to stare at my sleeping friend. Even in human standards, he's attractive. A round face with high cheek bones. A thick lower lip and a gently rounded chin. Without his usual eyeliner on, his eyes look small, like slits in his face. He hasen't slept well and there are bags under his eyes, but it only adds to that rugged appeal. I look up to see Doojoon staring at me and waggle my eyebrows. "he's hot."

Doojoon laughs and shakes his head at me, beckoning me into the kitchen.  "I need you to do me a favor." Uh oh. "What kind of favor?" Doojoon glances back at the living room, where Junhyung has started to snore lightly. "He's really getting into his job lately. When he's not actually out with Kikwang, he's here at home taking notes or doing research. He barely eats or sleeps. He's so obsessed with knowing everything about that kid." I lean on the sink. "So are you worried about him? Or about the fact that he might find out your secret?" He hesitates before quietly admitting, "Both". "So what do you want me to do?" Doojoon glances at the screen of his i-phone. "This week you have a job with the wife of the owner of a foster home. Take Junhyung with you. It'll be good for him to get a break, have an easy hit. And it'll give me time to figure out how much he's got on Kikwang, and how it affects Dongwoon." I think about it for a moment and look back at the sleeping boy. His handsome face is sagging and his curly hair has grown a bit too long. "Yeah... I guess he could use some down time."

Kikwang POV

I ring the doorbell again and still no answer. Mabey i was just hearing things, mabey no one's home? *Thump* "Shhh!" Oh, i don't think so. *Ding ding ding ding dingdingding*!!!!! "YOSEOB!!!! Can i come in?" i pound on the door and finally hear footsteps coming to the door. I'm ready to throw myself onto the brat but someone i've never seen before opens the door. He's got a pretty face and bright orange hair. I peak around him and recognize Yoseob's brother, Cheol Yong, standing awkwardly by the entrance. "Umm... would you like to come in?" asks the orange haired boy. I blink up at him and nod. "Excuse me, I'm Lee Kikwang. Is Yosoeb home?" the other two boys exchange a look, before orange head answers. "He's uh.. he's in his room. Why don't i make some tea and Cheol Yong can go get him. I'm Hyunseung by the way." I hastily bow before turning in the direction of Yoseob's room. "Thanks for the offer, but i think i'll go talk to him."

"Yoseob, please let me in. I don't understand why you're so upset at me. I just want to talk to you.... Please?" There's no answer for a moment than i hear a soft shuffle and Yoseob's pouting face looks at me from behind the door. "Seobie? Can i come in?" i ask as sweetly as i can. He opens the door wider and i squeeze in. His room is surprisingly messy, with shirts and stuffed animals thrown all over the floor. He sits on the bed and i follow his example, reaching out to touch his arm. "Dongwoon didn't mean it. He was just upset. He's really sorry." He looks down. "I know. He called me." "Then why haven't you contacted us?" He looks up then down again. "I was scared things might be awkward, and was trying to come up wit a better approach." He hesitates for a moment than looks straight at me.  "A-are you mad, Kiki?" I feel a little surprised and my stomach does an uncomfortable flip. "It's not that i'm mad.... i just feel kind of sad that my friend doesn't like my boyfriend."

Yoseob looks angry now. "Kikwang, Junhyung is a bad guy. So is Doojoon. I just want to protect you." I feel my stomach tighten. 'listen to him, he's known Junhyung for longer. From the beginning you thought he looked dangerous.' I push the voice away and smile at Yoseob. "Seobie, i know you're worried, and i appreciate it, but people can change. I really want to give Junhyung a chance. Mabey he's not the person you knew? And Dongwoon really loves Doojoon, so he can't be that bad?" Yoseob looks frustrated and angry and like he wants to shout, but he just looks at me and looks down. His shoulders are sagging, and i feel really sick. "If it makes you happy, Kiki. But i doubt that those guys can change." I pretend i didn't here the last part and pull him into a hug. "Thanks Seobie! Now let's call Dongwoon and Joon, and we can go out tonight!" He smiles at me weakly, but his face lights up a bit. "How did you get to be so perfect?" My stomach clenches and i think i'm going to puke right there. But i hold myself back, because he's right, i'm perfect......