Don't Hate Me

Beyond This World

Junhyung POV

I pull the scarf around my neck. It's already spring but it still gets pretty chilly at night. Byunghee is getting in the car and I just got off the phone with Seungho. I look around. "Where's Doojoon?" "I don't know. He went back up to the apartment for something.So are we going to meet the others there?" I look behind me. "Yeah. Kikwang and Lee Joon are going together and we'll meet them there. Cheondung and Seungho are already there. They were helping set up. Here comes Doojoon." I get in the car and Doojoon slides into the passenger seat.

Tonight is the night. Tonight everything changes. I will finally discover what Lee Kikwang has been hiding. His weakness. What a night to have a stomachace.

Byunghee looks around the house his eyebrows popping up and down. I can't blame him. The place is huge. There's food everywhere and the music pounds throught the entire house through speakers on the wall. People dance and move around the house.

I recognize a lot of the gang memebers. One of them, Minho, was a patient of mine a while back. I was the one who introduced him to Seungho in the first place. Back in highschool he was class president.

I check my phone again, waiting for Kikwang to text me. Why isn't he here yet? Could he not be coming? Byunghee nudges me and i look up to see Seungho and Cheondung talking with a smaller guy with blondish reddish hair. Maybe Cheondung will have heard from Lee Joon. "YO!" i call out and the three look up, the smaller guy turning around to see who's calling. Byunghee freezes next to me and i hear Doojoon curse. What the is Cheol Yong doing here??

Cheol Yong POV

It takes all my self control not out whip out my phone right there and call Yoseob. "Yo Junhyung!! C'mere!" Seungho calls. I take a deep breath and turn back to Seungho smiling. "Friends of yours?" I can feel Byunghee breathing on my back and turn to face the three of them, smiling. My hands are starting to shake. This is the first time i've seen all three of them together and they're kinda tall. Seungho's hand on my shoulder feels reasurring. "Cheol Yong, this is Yong Junhyung, a friend of mine." Junhyung smirks at me and bows. "And these are my friends and roomates, Yoon Doojoon, and Jung Byunghee." The surprise on their faces when they first saw me is gone now, replaced by amusement. I back up into Seungho. "It's... nice to meet you." I need to call Yoseob.

Kikwang POV

This guy's house is huge. Lee Joon looks up wide eyed and Kibum is laughing at us. "Come on you two! Don't look so surprised, it's embarassing!!" A tall, goodlooking guy meets us at the entrance, his arm around a girls waist. "KEYY!! Who are your friends." Kibum reaches up to give the guy and the girl a kiss. "Jonghyun, this is Kikwang and Lee Joon. Joon is Cheondung's boyfriend." The guy immidiately bows. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I hope that you enjoy my party. If you're looking for Cheondung, he went upstairs with Boss a little bit ago." Joon kind of twicthes. i know he hates gang referrances. "Ok, thanks. We'l go find Cheondung and Seungho." Jonghyun looks a little surprised but kibum just laughs and pulls him and the girl into another room.

Junhyung is leaning against a taller boy i've never seen before. Their talking to Cheondung. I don't see Seungho anywhere. The tall boy sees us and says something and Junhyung looks up, his face relaxing into a small smile when he sees me. I love his smile. He's always smirking, but he almost never smiles. And he has the most beautiful smile in the world. 'Be careful Kikwang. " I push the voice down and ignore the clenching in my stomach.

Cheondung looks over and calls out to Lee Joon. "Yeobo! We've been waiting for you!" Joon runs into his arms and Junhung moves away from the tall boy to sling an arm around my neck and kiss the top of my head. "Jun, I'm gonna go find Byunghee. Call me if you need me." Junhyung nods. "Keep an eye on that guy, Doo." The tall boy pats Junhyung on the back and leaves. I'm about to ask who that was when Junhyung nods to Cheondung and begins to pull me away. "Where are we going Junnie?" "The dance floor." My stomach clenches and i almost double up. "NO!"

Junhyung POV

"NO!" He pulls away from me and grabs his stomach. He looks up at me and i think he's abou to cry. "I-I don't want to dance." "Kikwang... but you're a great dancer. I saw how amazing you were." I walk toward him. "Why are you being this way?" He looks up at me, his plump lips pouting. He opens his mouth, lips trembling.  Is he going to tell me? Is this going to happen so easily?? "Please Junhyung. Let's not dance. Or drink?" Than what the hell was the point of coming? I look down at him and bite back my response. "Okay. Let's go find something to eat." I kiss the top of his head and pull him away. This might not be so simple.

Kikwang and i have found a room on the third level of the house. Jonghyun put a 'No Entry' on the stairs, so we're the only ones up here. Kiki was nervous about comeing up when it was off limits, but i convinced him. Really, he's so good. But not for long. I take a look at him as he sips his cup of coke. I had to be careful not to put too much rum in. If he tastes it, it's all over. Luckily, he has low tolerance for alcahol. This is his third cup and i think it's starting to get to him. He's moving his head and tapping to his foot to the beat of the music coming from downstairs. I slip a little vodka into his cup and he takes a long drink. He stands up, his whole body swaying now. He's so used to this.

"Hey, Yeobo," the word has the desired affect. It's the first time i've called Kikwang this and he turns to look at me immediately. I grab his wrist and pull him down onto my lap. "Why don't you dance? You're so good at it. You're beautiful when you dance." He furrows his eyebrow. I've seen this look before. It's the look he had on his face that night at the park. The night he started talking to himself about trust and . "Beautiful..... Am i perfect?" What? "Uh.. yeah..?" He looks even more confused now. Oh, . "Yes, Yeobo. You're always perfect." He smiles satisfied. "Yes... Our dancing is perfect." "Our? What do you mean Kiki?" He looks at me surprised, as if he just noticed i'm there. Jesus, mabey i shouldn't have mixed vodka into that last cup.

"My Umma. She was a dancer. She met my Appa at...." He looks confused again, "But she can't be trusted." This would probably be great if i had any ing idea what he was saying. "Did you used to dance with your Umma?" Kikwang smiles at me, his usual, beautiful smile. But it makes me feel natious. "I... we danced together. We were the best. Umma wanted to take me with them... But she was bad. Appa didn't know. He trusted her. Because trust is precious." My heart is beating faster. Demon's can't get sick, like angels can't. But i feel like i'm going to throw up. "Kikwang. Where was your Umma going? What do you mean 'them'?"

Kikwang POV 

Trust is precious. It can't be given to just anyone. You have to know who you trust. You never know who might be decieving you. If you give your trust, if you give your love, if you give your soul to the wrong person, you will be broken. Broken beyond repair. Like my Appa. My head hurts. My mind is foggy. My stomach is clenching. But i love Junhyung. And so i trust him. And so i will give my soul to him.

Junhyung POV

"He was a.... choreographer. An american. She.. Umma thought that he'd be our big break. He was rich. Teachers aren't rich. Dancers aren't very rich. But... he was a choreographer. She didn't tell Appa. She didn't tell me either." He leans forward and i can smell the alcahol on his breath. I suddenly realize that i'm flat on my back and he's starttling me. "But i saw them," He continues. I feel sick. "I... didn't mean to. I trusted her too. So... it hurt. Umma lied to me and Appa. She didn't ... Love us? No.... He found out after. He stopped teaching for a really long time. Appa... trusted her." Ok so the woman had an affair. But...

"After what, Yeobo? How did your Appa find out?" He leans forward and there are tears running down his face, his voice shaking. "It was an accident. The news said it was an accident. I... didn't mean to. I saw them and... I asked Umma but she ... pushed me.... so i pushed her." He's shaking and i want to tell him to stop, his voice sounds desperate. Stop it. STOP IT!!!! "I.. the window was open. He tried to catch her but..." STOP IT!!!! "they slipped... Junhyung i didn't mean to." And suddenly, his teary eyes are staring striaght into mine and i feel like i'm being stabbed repeatedly. This person shouldn't be making this face. "Kikwang..." i can barely hear myself talk, "How long ago was this?" I almost can't hear his answer. "Ten years ago." This person, who volunteers at Senior centers and takes care of abaondoned animals. This person who is the top of his class. This person who wants to be a teacher. This perfect, kind, beautiful person killed his Mother and her Lover when he was ten years old. But what else can you expect from a human? Human, filthy, greedy, selfish, cruel. I feel like i'm going to barf. It's disgusting. Kikwang is shaking and i want to get away. Far away. I don't need to taint him. He's already filthy. I look up at his sobbing face, that beautiful face. No.... something doesn't....Suddenly the door slams open and Yoseob is standing there. I'm going to be sick.

Yoseob POV

Oh God. Junhyung is lying on the bed with Kikwang sitting on top of him. Oh God. Junhyung is pale and his eyes are wide. Kikwang's face is covered in tears. He's shaking. Oh God. Kikwang slowly turns to look at me and i couldn't imagine a more broken expression. "It was an accident." Oh God please no.

 

____________________________________________________________

A/N: i really hope that the secret met everyones expectations and i want to apologize profusely to anyone who might be dissapointed. I was feeling emotional while i wrote this so i hope my feelings will reach my audience.