My Eternal Love

Beyond This World

Byunghee POV

Doojoon stares at the computer screen, scrolling down the list of names. He glances up as i walk in. "How did it go?" "Fine. She took the money." He nods and looks back at the screen. "Junhyung walks up behind him and drops a stack of files on his desk. Niether of them ahve been back to the human world since they erased their existances. I wanted to give them space and time, but it's the middles of the summer and there are plenty of free teenagers out there. Having two of the best out of action isn't  the best situation. "When will your new files be ready? I already found a new apartment in the human world. It's in Busan." Honestly, i would love to leave Korea all together, but each group of demons is assigned to a country, or specific are depending on the size of the country. I watch their reactions carefully. Doojoon doesn't stop typing and Junhyung glances up at me. "Fine. We can go today. I already have a new assignment."

I already knew that Doojoon kept a picture of Dongwoon with him. I already knew that he would take it out when he thought no one was looking. I already knew that somethimes he would cry and cover his face with his hands and throw the picture away. I already knew that he would go back for it, smooth it out gently, and put it back in his pocket. What i didn't know was that Junhyung kept those rings on a string around his neck. I didn't know that he put his on every night before going to sleep, and kissed the other one every morning when he woke up. And i didn't know that it could hurt this much to watch my two friends, who have been by my side for over a hundres years, suffer like this over a pair of humans. It's been a week since we moved into the apartment, and i 've got to say i liked the old one better.

Yoseob POV

It's hot and humid and i really don't feel like moving. But that's July. Kikwang and Joon are throwing the frisbee back and forth and Jin is running between them. I'm gald Kikwang decided to adopt him. He was sacred that he didn't have time to take care of a dog, but Lee Joon and his dad help a lot and he seems happier than.... Stop. Junhyung is gone, he's been gone. As far as anyone is concerned, he never existed. And Kikwang doesn't need him to be happy. Even if he still has nightmares. Even if he still cries in his sleep. Even if sometimes he stops and looks at his left hand as if there's something missing. Kikwang.... you can be happy without him, right?

Hyunseung is on the phone with Cheondung when i come in. He smiles at me and kisses my cheek. "OK. OK. Yeah, that sounds good." He lsitens for a moment. "Hey... Cheondung how are your headaches?" a pause. "Yeah? That's good." I rub my face. Hyunseung says goodbye and hangs up. "How's he doing?" i ask. "He's stopped getting headaches, but he still says that sometimes when he's with Seungho, he feelslike there's someone missing."

Cheol Yong walks in at that moment and we both turn to look at him. He shakes his head. "I'm still trying to get him to stop going to the club for now," he says. He's been going out with Seungho a lot recently. "Every time we go, he looks around for him." I don't have to ask who 'him' is. I didn't think Junhyung's existance could make such a difference. I lean into Hyunseung and he hugs me reassuringly. "It's ok. I'm sure that this will end soon. They just need time." There's a knock on the door and we all look at eachother. Cheol Yong looks confused but goes to answer the door. "Who is it?" I call out. There's no answer. A tall figure walks into the room and my entire body tenses. Byunghee.

Cheol Yong POV

Yoseob hasn't moved from the couch since Byunghee left. He's just been sitting there, his chin resting on his hands as he looks directly in front of him. Hyunseung is flittering around him nervously, but he doesn't touch or talk to him. "Come on," i whisper, putting a hand on his shoulder, "Let's go. We can't help here." I look at Yoseob one last time before we leave. His usaully smiling face is completely emotionless. I want to go back in, but htis isn't me decision.

Yoseob POV

Demons do not have souls. It's what makes them demons. They have hearts, lungs, stomachs, brains. They are just like humans. But they are missing one thing, the most important thing. Demons do not have souls. It's why they can live forever. Angels have very special abilities. We can tamper with memories, materialize, become invisible, tamper with the human world. A lot of powers that demons have as well. But we can also do something that they can't. Angles can create souls.

Dongwoon POV

I don't know why i always come here when i feel upset, but for some reason, this spot on the sore of the Han River always calms me. It's October now, and i hug my brown leather jacket closer as I hum "Love Song " by Rain to myself quietly. It always makes me want to cry, but at the same time i feel so happy when i sing it. "Excuse me, what song is that?" I quickly wipe my tears away, embarassed. "Oh, it's Love S-" Oh My God. The young man is smiling at me, waiting for me to finish. He's gorgeous. "L-love s-song." Stop stuttering stupid! He smiles at me. "I really like it and you have a nice voice." Oh wow. "Umm, thank you." "Aren't you cold standing so close to the water?" Then warm me up, cutie. Ok, that was bad. Calm down, Dongwoon. "Actually, yeah i am. T-there's a little coffee shop around here. Do y-you want t-to go with me? I-m Son Dongwoon." He smiles at me. "Nice to meet you. I just came from Germany, so i don't really know the area. Maybe later you could show me around?" I must be dreaming. He holds out his hand. "I'm Yoon Doojoon."

Kikwang POV

I lean against the bench and sigh. Jin runs back and forth, chasing birds, and squirrels and whatever else moves. I close my eyes, letting the sun create patterns on my eyelids. I love being in this park. Something about the smell, the sound of trees, it makes me feel like i can almost remember.... My left ring finger twitches and i rub it gently. Maybe i should go see a doctor, it's been hurting on and off since the beginning of May. Around the same time that my nightmares started. The only person that knows about the nightmares is Yoseob. I didn't tell him exactly, he just seemed to know that there was something wrong with me. Speaking of Yoseob, he was in a wierdly good mood today. When i saw him earlier, he kept smiling at me. I feel the bench dip next to me as someone sits down. I ignore them and keep rubbing my finger, trying to fall asleep. "It's a little cold to be taking a nap on a park bench." His voice is deep and i can practically hear the smirk in it. Ignore him, ignore him. I keep my eyes closed and i hear the person whistle followed by Jin's panting. Is he going to kidnap my dog!? I sit bolt upright and turn to yell at him. The moment our eyes meet, the words get caught in my throat and i feel like i can't breathe. That face..... He looks confused for a moment before smirking. The exact same smirk from my dreams. "Are you going to talk to me now?" I blink at him. "Have we met before?" "What?" "Have we met before?" He looks at me closely for a moment, his face scrunching up in confusion. Suddenly he bursts into laughter. Somehow, i feel like i should be the one saying that!" He takes Jin's leash from my hand and clips it onto him. He gets up and starts walking away. "Come on." I'm really confused now. "To where?" "On a date, i'm picking you up." I should be angry. Or grossed out. Or creeped out. Or all three. But i can't stop the smile that breaks over my face. He turns to look at me and freezes. He looks confused again and reaches out to touch my face.  Suddenly, his expression relaxes and he smiles, a real smile. "What's your name?" "Kikwang. Lee Kikwang." It feels so natural to reach up and take his hand. "I'm Yong Junhyung. I'm happy to meet you Kikwang."

Yoseob POV

"Please." I can't believe what i'm hearing.

"Are you insane? Why the hell would i do something like that?"

"Because it will make Kikwang happy."

"Kikwang is already happy! Get out! "

"Yoseob, please. They'r sorry. They really are. They love them. Please. You can do it can't you?"

"GET OUT!! Why should i help them!! I don't need to do anything for demons!" Byunghee is on his hands and knees and there are tears is his eyes.

"They won't be demons anymore! I'll take care of everything! Their memories, their appearances, i'll change whatever you want me to! They will be entirely new people! But I can't make them human! They can't be human without you!!"

I remember the little boy crying all alone in a room while i stood quietly in a corner doing nothing. I can create souls. All angels can. But i've never done it before. Just like i've never seen a demon beg.

Byunghee POV

Four years is nothing for a demon. It goes by in the blink of an eye, in a single breath. But i guess four years is a long time for a human. It's long enough for two humans to fall in love. Long enough for them to graduates and start working. Long enough for them to buy a small apartment together. Four years is long enough for someone to decide that he wants to dance, not be a teacher. Long enough for two people to decide they want to open a music cafe. Long enough for two people to decide they want to change their lives and leave a gang that had been their whol world.

The human Doojoon laughs a lot. He laughs at Dongwoon, at the custimers at the cafe, at the bad musicians who come to apply for jobs. He even laughs at Yoseob's jokes. And when he's not laughing, he's holding Dongwoon. Holding him when they get up in the morning, hugging him before they go to sleep, kissing him after work. Human Junhyung smiles a lot. Not smirks. Real smiles. He smiles for Kikwang. Everything the younger boy does makes him smile. He smiles significantly less when Yoseob visits, but he still smiles. He smiles when Cheondung and Seungho are with him. But the thing that makes him smile the most is the sound of Kikwang's voice when he says "I Love You."

___________________________________________________

Well that's the end. I hope that you guys enjoyed my story and the ending. A part of me wanted to do something really bad to Junhyung, and the originall version of this ending had them crossing paths and Junhyung looking back, but not meeting. But then i read it again and i cried and felt really bad. I guess i can't write tragedies? Although i love reading them.....

My next fic is about Shinee!! It's not a but i'll have the forward out soon so please check it out! still working on some details...

A SHOUT OUT TO CHARLOT WHO ORIGINALLY GOT ME WRITING THIS FIC!!! i hope you liked it char :)