The Temptation

Beyond This World

Junhyung POV

Helping little old ladies cross the street? What is this? I swear, this kid's like the poster boy for Good Boys Weekly.  As soon as they get to the other side the woman thanks him and takes her bag back. I flick my finger and her wallet tumbels out of her  purse but she keeps walking. Of course Mr. Goody Goody sees it and hands it back. Yeah, well i saw that coming. But doesn't this guy get bored? I've beedn following him around for almost four hours and in that time he's returned three wallets, taken a child to the police, returned a purce, a brief case, an unopened bottle of soda to someone who left it on a bench (really?) and he even sat for almost an hour waiting for the owner of a dog who was tied up outside a store. And i didn't even do that.

I'm waiting outside the bathroom when i hear someone sneak up behind me. "So i hear you're in the stalking business now?" I don't even bother turning. "Don't you ever have anything to do?" Byunghee leans against the wall and laughs. "I just finish fast. That's what it means to be the best." Oh spare me. But i know he's right. "You really do look like a stalker now though." Well... i am waiting outside a bathroom... and i just heard the toilet flush. "Materialize i say smacking Byunghee's chest. He looks surprised but doesn't question me. I grab his arm and pull him towards the bathroom door just as Kikwang is coming out. He walks right into my chest. Perfect. "Oh, i'm sorry are you... Lee Kikwang?" He looks up at me and a surprised and smiles. "Junhyung." That eye thing is kind of cute. Byunghee smiles. "Oh, you must be the friend of Yoseob's that Jun told me about." "Oh, are you also a friend of Yoseob's?" Frind of Yoseob's? Byunghee likes that. 

We'r all eating dinner together and wow talk about naive. He believes anything. Byunghee is really enjoying himself telling a story about how he got out of a vicious biker gang for his mom and he looks on the verge of tears. I bet he's the kind that cries at puppy commercials. Eight i say to myself as i see him glance at me again. I smile and wink. He blushes. I guess i can't really blame Doojoon for liking to mess around with humans. I look up as Byunghee leans closer and feel my stomach sink. Oh . Cheol Yong and Yosoeb are power walking toward us and someone does not look happy. That's Yosoeb, Cheol Yong looks more worried than anything. Byunghee sees them coming and his face twicthes. 

"Hey! fancy seeing you all here. Junhyung and Byunghee we all know eachother, Kikwang this is my brother Cheol Yong. " Kikwang flashes that smile at them. "Yoseob i didn't know you were such a popular guy." Byunghee smiles, his good mood restored. "Oh Yeah, Yoseob's always been really outgoing. We'r all great friends. You should meet our other friend Doojoon." Yoseob twicthes. This might actually help my relationship with my patient. That's what i like to call the people i'm working on.

Cheol Yong smiles at all of us. "Actually, we wanted to talk to you about Doojoon." huh? "It looks like he needs you guys. He's at the hospital because he um.. fell out of a tree? Yes. And when we visited him things looked grim soo...." He glances at Yoseob who is nodding furiously. I feel like i'm about to start laughing and i hear Byunghee snort. I turn to look at Kikwang and the laugh dies in my throat. Oh. My. God. He bought that. "That's horrible. Do you think he's going to be ok?" Yoseob's face falls and Cheol Yong looks like he's about to tell the truth but just shrugs.

These ing angels. What happened to thou shalt not lie or whatever. "I can't just leave Kikwang here." i say weakly. "Of course, i'll come too!" he says starting to get up. "NO!!" Kikwang looks surprised and sits back down. Yoseob looks like he's about to have a . "Umm... I think it's better if just we go... Sorry." Kikwang smiles. "It's ok, i understand. If you need anything call me. It was Nice meeting you, Byunghee." Byunghee smiles and gets up, following Cheol Yong. I'm about to leave too, feeling pissed that the game is over when i feel a tug on my sleeve. "It was nice seeing you again, Junhyung." I look down at a blushing Kikwang. "I'll see you later." At least now i'v got some personal influence on him. And the best part? Yoseob heard that.

Cheol Yong POV  

"I'll see you later" says Yoseob in an exageratedly deep voice. "Who does he think he is? And why does someone as sweet as my Kiki have to fall for that idiots LIES!!" He gestures so harshly he almost falls out of his chair. "Well" says Hyunseung, "Junhyung is pretty charming." Yoseob just stares at him. Hyunseung smiles and bats his eyelashes. "But i like you the best." Ysoeob blushes and seems to calm down for a moment. I figure it's safe to leave him for now and go down to earth.

It's almost midnight and i head straight for SHINE night club, materializing as i hit the ground. The beat of the music vibrates through my body and i breath in the heavy human smells of sweat, perfume, and alcohol. "MIR." The sudden whisper in my ear as strong arms wrap around me make me smile. I turn around and bonk my forhead with Seungho's, pulling his arms away. "I keep telling you that's not my real name." "yeah, but i like it." I laugh at him. The first time we met, i had materialized for a moment to help a kitten who had gotten stuck in some wire. Seungho saw me and i was so freaked out at meeting my charge that i gave him a fake name. Turns out that the cat was his friends. I told Yoseob but he wasn't really that angry. After all, he'sbeen friends with Kikwang since two years ago.

Cheondung is already talking to someone when we get to the table. "Cheol Yong, it's been a while. This is Dongwoon." The tall boy sitting next to me smiles and bows his head. "Nice to meet you," he says, and his voice is a little deep. He turns to Seungho and raises his eyebrows, "I was just asking Hyung what happened to his blonde boyfriend." "he's not blonde anymore," says Cheondung and then looks annoyed with himself for saying it.

Seungho laughs and sits down, pulling me down next to him. "Cheondung, how is your kitten?" He gives a slight smile. "Fine." Cheondung doesn't talk or smile a lot, so i feel a little bit victorious. I don't understand how a hyper kid like Hyunseung ended up in charge of him. Seungho and Dongwoon have gone back to teasing him about his break up, and i think he's starting to get really pissed, but it's hard to tell. It seems like he really liked the other person.

When i get back to heaven Hyunseung and Yoseob are having an intense conversation. Thinking i'm interupting something, i try to leave unnoticed but Yoseob sees me and calls me over. "Hyunseung and i have been talking and.... I think we should move to earth." I look at him for a moment. "What?" "Well, how do the demons always mess things up? Because they're always right there!! if we moved to earth too, than we could take better care of our charges!" "Listen, I know you're worried about Kikwang but..." "It's not just Kikwang. Come on Cheol Yong. You know that Junhyung is friends with Seungho right?" I feel my stomach tighten. "I-i'm working on getting him out of the gang."

"I know, but don't you think it'd be easier if we actually lived among them? If you could meet him whenever? Spend more time with him? And this'll give Hyunseung a chance to get more involved with Cheondung." "Seeing as i'm the only one who's followed the rules and remained unseen..." I ignore Hyunseung as i think about it. Yoseob's right. This will give us a better fightig chance with the demons. And we'll be able to get to them faster so that weird situations like today won't happen. It really did break my heart to lie to Kikwang. "Okay." Yoseob smiles at me. "Really?" keke this kid. I hug him and pull him close, making Hyunseung pout. "What do you mean 'really'? You're the boss!!"