Saranghae

Beyond This World

Doojoon POV

Dongwoon is happy. It's been a whlie since we had a proper date. We just came out of the movie theatre and he's practically skipping down the road, stopping every now and then to look inside a shop window. "WAH!! Hyung come look at this jacket! I've always wanted onel like this." It's a brown leather jacket with textured shoulders and open collar. I grab his hand and pull him into the store. "Excuse me," i say to the first employee i see, "I would like a jacket like the one the manikin is wearing for him please." She smiles at me. "Of course. Please give me a moment and i'll find a few sizes and a fitting room for you." "Hyung!," he pulls on my sleeve, "Are you crazy! Do you know how much something like that costs?" He's so sweet. I touch his face. "I don't care how much it costs. You want it right?" "I have enough money that i can pay for it myself! You know that!" I don't exactly have a cute face, so i've never been good at pouting, but i give it my best shot. " Can't i give my super rich boyfriend a gift to make myself feel better?" He blushes insanely and his eyes widen. He's so handsome. "O-ok. But if you go broke, don't blame me." He pouts. He's so much better at it.

"Come on! tell me!!" i laugh as he pulls at my arm. "The thing that makes a surprise a surprise is that it's a secret." Dongwoon pouts and shoves his hands into the pocktes of his new jacket. "I don't like surprises." I put my arm around his shoulders and pull him closer to kiss his cheek. "You'r going to like this one. " And i'm right. His entire face is red and his hands are over his mouth as he stares at the little round table with a candle in the middle and a single sunflowerwith a blue ribbon tied around it. Next to the table is a large white piano. Suddenly, i'm starting to feel embarassed. "I-it's a little simple. I set it up myself. I thought about hiring some people to make it look really good, and maybe some musicians, but i wanted to do it and..." He throws his arms around me and i can feel that his cheek is wet. "It's perfect."

I played and sang "Love Story" by Rain. I remember the first time we heard it, Woonie got teary and when i laughed at him he hit my arm. The teary look on his face right now, and the way he's smiling, I don't think anything could make me happier. Or sadder. We'r almost to his apartment now. I had thought that i wanted to walk him up to his room, go inside with him, drink coffee, have a snack. Be with him one more time, our bodies connected. But as we approach the building, i know i can't do it. "Dongwoon.." He looks back, confused, as i stop suddenly. "What's wrong Doojoonie?" He leans his forehead aginst mine. "I- there's something i have to tell you." I push him away so that we'r looking into eachother's eyes. "Saranghae." He blinks a few times before smiling at me, and kissing me gently. "I love you too. I always will." My heart hurts, but i continue. "I was os happy. In all the time that i have existed, no one has ever made me feel this way. No matter what, i don't tregret meeting you." He looks so confused. "Doojoon wha-?" I lean forward and kiss his forehead. He collapses in my arms and i walk to the apartment. The doorman's eyes widen. "He had a little too many drinks. You think you could take him up? Son Dongwoon, room 205." The doorman nods and takes him from me.

Every step i take away from the building hurts. Dongwoon will never remember me. Everything we had togetehr is gone. 'But it's not.' i rmind myself. Because i remember. I remember every laugh, every tear, every word, every touch. I remember every everything. And i will remember it for the rest of eternity.

Junhyung POV 

Kikwang sleeps next to me, the sun creating patterns on that beautiful face.  I can't help but smile when a butterfly comes and rests on his hair. I thought for a long time about what to do today. Go on a trip, take him on a date, a romantic dinner. But i'm glad we came here. The wind blows gently and the leaves on the trees make a soft rustling sound. It's monday afternoon and the only people in the park are old women, feeding the doves from the benches. Kikwang moves in his sleep and the butterfly leaves, bothered by the motion. I wish i could stop time right now, and watch him sleep forever. Possessiveness. But is that really-? "Junhyung?" Kikwang grabs my sleave with one hand and rubs his sleey eyes with the other. Aish, he's just like a child. I lean over to kiss him. "Did you sleep well?" He suddenly bolts up, pouting. "I'm sorry. We take my day off school to go on a date and i fall asleep." I pull him against my chest. "That's alright, Yeobo. I love watching you sleep. What do you want to do now?" He thinks for a moment. "Umm, let's go shopping?" I laugh. He's so easy to please. He pouts and pushes me away. "Fine, then you choose!" "No, no let's go shopping. I'll buy you anything you want." He sticks his tongue out at me. "I'm only going to ask for really expansive things!!" i smile as he runs away. "I'd give you anything..."

Kikwang stares at me, shocked. "What?" "I want to meet your father." I repeat. Actually, i'm pretty shocked too. I don't know hwere that came from, i just suddenly want to meet his father. Kikwang blinks at me, the shoes that he was trying on forgotten. Suddenly that gorgeous smile breaks out over his face. "Okay. I'll talk to him to see hwen his next day off is." "We can't meet him now?" Really, why can't i control my mouth. Kikwang looks surprised again. "Well, i guess we could. He gets off of work at 4:00 today because the kids are having a sports festival." Suddenly he smiles. "Why don't we go home now, and i can start making dinner. We can have dinner all together." I smile down at him and touch his hair. "Ok. But first, i have to pay for those shoes."

Kikwang is not the best cook in the world. Or the second best. Or the third best. Actually, he's not a very good cook at all. This is the first time i'm seeing him in action and wow. It kind of reminds me of the first time i saw him dance, before i descovered the miracles of alcohol. Stiff, awkward, and just wrong. He finally gets tired of trying to cut the meet evenly and lifts the knife over his head when i decide it's time for some devine intervension. I spring out of my chair and snatch the knfie away. "Listen. Kiki, why don't i cook and you rest. It's you'r day off school. Enjoy it." "But i like cooking." I don't think 'cooking' feels the same way about you. I smile at him. "Please. Let me make you dinner, Yeobo." He pouts a little but kisses my cheek and goes to sit and watch me cook. I decide that the only thing i can make with this buthcered meat is beef stew and pull out a pot. After a while i'm getting pretty into it and i hear Kikwang giggle. "What?" I ask, turning around. "It feels kind of like we're married." He's smiling his grogeous smile at me, his head wresting on the table. And for a moment, i can see it. I can see myself in a house with him, cooking otgethr, watching a movie togther. Living our lives together. My heart tightens. But that is something that i don't need. It's something that i can't have.

I expected Mr. Lee to be a bitter man. Grumpy, old, and bitter. But the man i meet is very similar to his son. Everything abut him is gentle and soft. He smiles a lot, and he is so affectionate with Kikwang. They laugh a lot. "So Junhyung, are you also a student?" Think fast. "No sir. I'm already working a few part time jobs." He nods. "Do you know what you might want to do later?" I glance down at the soup. "Well, i'm working as an assistant shef and i really enjoy it." Kikwang looks surprised. "I didn't know that!" yeah me niether. "Kikwang." "Yes appa?" "Would you mind going and getting my phone? I think i left it in the car." Kikwang nods willingly and takes the car keys. He's such a good son.

"Do you really love him?" Holy . "Excuse me?" Mr. Lee smiles triedly and leans forward. "If you had wanted to hide it, then wearing those rings wasn't the best idea." Why do i always ing forget to take this thign off? "Has Kikwang told you about his mother?" I hesistate and nod. "Mr. Yong, i don't think that people realise how harde it is to find someone that you are willing to love completely for the rest of your life, and what a miracle it is when they feel the same way. To find a person who you can give your life, your very soul to, and trust that they will protect it forever. I don't particularily mind that you're a man, but do you really and truly love my son.?" At that moment, Kikwang comes in holding the cell phone. "Jeez Appa. It was on the dashboard. I keep telling you not to drive with it there." He sits back down next to me and his arm brushes mine. Possessiveness. I look directly at mr. Lee. "Yes."

Kikwang's body is pressed aginst mine and i can feel him breathing in and out against my chest. Mr. Lee had to leave for the night to visit a colleugue who had fallen ill. "Junhyung..." I give a start. "I thought you were sleeping." He nuzzles his face into my shoulder. "I had a nightmare that you left while i was sleeping." My heart wrenches and i squeeze him. "Silly. I'm right here." "Hmmm. Junhyung?" "Yes?" "I love you." Possessiveness. Possessiveness. What an annoying word. I kiss Kikwang's plump lips gently. "I love you too." I say. But he's already asleep. I sit up and pull on my clothes. I walk around his room and run my fingers over everything. I pick up every picture and look at all his different expressions. I go back to the bed and take his left hand in mine, gently pulling of the ring. "I love you too." I say again and kiss his forehead. "Goodbye. Saranghae."

Cheol Yong POV

Seungho furrrows his brow and puts his drink down. "What's wrong?" He shakes his head at me. "I don't....." He suddenly starts looking around the club. "Ummm, i think someone's missing." what? "What do you mean, Seungho? Are you waiting for someone?" He shakes his head slowly. He looks so confused. "No. I thought.... I don't know. I feel like i forgot something." I look around. "Ummm, weel Cheondung isn't here tonight." He touches his head and shakes it again. "No.... someone's missing...."

Hyunseung POV

Cheondung give me a high five and Lee Joon cheers as my eight ball makes it into the whole. We've been playing billiards for three house now, and this is the first game i've won. Suddenly Cheondung frowns and looks around. He opens his mouth as if to say something and then closes it again. "Babe? What's wr-?" Lee Joon stops in the middle of what he was saying and looks confused. "Umm... There's someone..." He furrows his brow, like he's not sure what he was going to say. "Cheondung? Lee Joon? What happened are you guys ok?" Cheondung looks at me. "Was someone else supposed to be here?" I shake my head. "No it was just us. We invited Seungho but he went to the club." Cheondung shakes his head, frustrated. "No! It was jsut... where is...?" He leans over the table. Lee Joon looks on the verge of tears. "Lee joon? What is it? What happened?" He looks up at me. "Hyunseung, i don't know hwy. I don't know why but..... I think Kikwang lost something."

Yoseob POV

Kikwang is crying in his sleep.  

________________________________________________________________________

The next chapter will be the last. For those of you who hate me right now, please don't give up!