Let Go...?

Beyond This World

JUNHYUNG POV

I have been alive for almost 200 years now and i think i can say with confidence that watching Lee Kikwang sleep, and wake up is the cutest thing i have ever seen. First of all, he sleeps on his stomach with his face in the pillow. When i first woke up and saw him, i panicked for a moment and checked his breathing to make sure he hadn't sufficated. He hadn't (I really don't know how he does it....) I'm watching the whole seen from the door to the room, so he has his back to me. The first sign i have that he's waking up is his hands. He moves his pointer finger up and down and to the side. Kind of like he's moving it to some music that no one but him can hear. Then his shoulders start to move. I hear a muffled noise and it takes me a second to realize that he's breathing.  He slowly lifts his head of the pillow, looks both ways, then puts his head back down. He repeats this a few times and on the last time, he leaves his head down and pulls his up so its in the air. Kind of like he's doing yoga. Donward facing dog. Interesting. He stretches his hands out in front of him and sits up on his knees, once more looking around. And then..... he lies back down.

I can't hold it anymore and burst into laughter. He throws the covers off and rolls off the bed, hitting the ground with a thud, looking around for the source of the noise. I really can't stop laughing as his face changes from bewilderment, to shyness, to total embarassment when he sees me and realizes he's still . He jumps back into the bed and pulls the covers over his exposed body. "Go away!!" i walk to the side of the bed, still chuckling. "My cute Kikwang, you don't have to be embaressed. I already saw everything." "Get ooooouuuut" he moans. How cute. I kiss a bump in the covers that i assume is his head. "Get dressed, yeobo. I made breakfast for you."

Kikwang POV 

It's not untill i pull on pants that i notice it. I silver ring on the third finger of my left hand. I stare at it confused. When did that...? I notice that it's got something engraved in it and pull it closer. "Togther forever, my..." Oh my god. I feel the tears forming in my eyes. "Junhyung! JUNHYUNG!!" he runs in, a worried look on his face when he sees me crying. "What happened? Are you okay?" I open and close my mouth, waving my left hand at him. The worried look on his face changes to one of amusement as he lifts his own left hand. He's wearing the exact same ring. "You don't like it? There was a black pair, but i thought the silver was nicer."Oh. Oh god. I don't deserve this. I start shaking my head and tears are falling down my face. "But... B-but i.. I'm b-b...." He looks confused and worried as he walks over to pull me into his arms. "You're what? Yeobo, what's wrong?" I shake my head. "I'm bad."

He shoves me away, and his expression is angry. "Shut up. I don't want to hear that again. You're perfect. You're kind, you're smart, you're beautiful. It was an accident. Everyone fights with their parents, and it usually get a lot worse than a ing push. It wasn't anyones fault a window was open." I shake my head. "But i..." i can't talk i'm crying so hard. Junhyung's grip loosens. His forehead touches mine and his voice is gentle. "Kikwang, Kikwang please. Don't do this. You're so good. It really was just an accident. You never did anything wrong. You're just killing yourself like this. Please." I've never seen him look like this. So sad. Like he's the one who'se suffering the most. I really do feel guilty for what happened to Umma but honestly,  a part of me always knew that it wasn't really anyone's fault. I just kept balming myself because i felt someone needed to be at fault. But seeing Junhyung suffering so much, seeing how worried and scared Lee Joon, Yoseob and Dongwoon were.... I still fell guilty, it still hurts but, "Thank you. Thank you. I know." I reach up and kiss his nose. "I love you Junhyung."

Junhyung POV 

For some reason, those words make my heart hurt.

Doojoon POV

Dongwoon stirs against my chest and slowly sits up. I kiss the side of his head and pull the blanket closer as he blinks sleepily. "Did we sleep out here?" "MMhmm," I say, pulling him close. The terrace is chilly and the building tops are surrounded by the morning mist. Woonie stands up and stretches, holding his hand out to me. "Come on. I want to get back to my apartment before evryone wakes up. I hope Kiki's still sleeping... You might want to talk to him after he wakes up." I take his outstrecthed hand and stand up. 

The first thing we hear when we open the door is Yoseob's worried voice. "Kikwang? Kwangie? Joon was he in the bathroom?" Lee Joon sounds just as panicked. "He's not in the apartment!! Maybe he went somewhere with Woonie? Seob, call Dongwoon!!" At that moment, Lee Joon walks out of the bathroom and sees us. He stops and his face grows pale. I feel my heart sink. "Joon, he's not picking u..." When Yosoeb sees me standing there, hands linked with Dongwoon, he looks like he's just witnessed a brutal murder. His eyes widen and the phone falls from his hand. I should feel guilty. I should feel bad. But wow i think i'm going to laugh if that angel boy doesn't close his mouth. I turn to look at Dongwoon and my good humor is gone. The hand that isn't holding mine is covering his mouth and there are tears in his eyes. "W-where's hyung?" My heart wrenches. "Dongw-UGH!!"

Yoseob has snapped out of his trance and i hit my head hard on the ground as his body rams into mine. "YOU DID THIS!! YOU ALL DID THIS! WHAT DID JUNHYUNG DO TO HIM?!" That cute face of his is twisted in rage. Tears are falling out of his eyes and he struggles as Lee Joon and Dongwoon try desperately to pull him off me. "W-why did you have to.... He was happy, he never did anything." He seems to loose all his energy and lets the younger boys drag him away. "This is your fault." I really do love seeing Yoseob suffer. But the words he's saying and the expression on Dongwoon's face.... I feel sick.

Junhyung POV

As far as Kikwang knows, this is the first time i've been in his room and he's blushing. His house is nice. It's not a big house, but it's neat and has a comfortable feel. I couldn't help but notice, though, that there are almost no pictures of him before eleven years old, and absolutely no pictures of his mom anywhere in the house. And the only pictures where he is younger than eleven include Lee Joon. I've got to say that doesn't thrill me. All of a sudden a picture on his dresser catches my eye. No way. "Is that Yoseob?!" Kikwang, who was blushing in the corner, leans over my shoulder and laughs. "Yeah, we took that one last year when we went to a kareoke bar for Joon's birthday. I have the video, wanna see?" I just look at him incredulously. That irritable, naggy, always- stressed angel boy is laughing. And i mean open- mouthed-showing-all-of-his-teeth-laughing. He's got bothe his arms linked around Lee Joon, who's eyes and mouth are open about as wide as is humanly possible. In the background, you can see Kikwang and Dongwoon in the middle of what looks like the hip pop from Girl Generation Twinkle. Kikwang laughs at my expression. "I'll put the video on so you can watch while i go make dinner."

I was right, it was Twinkle. I can't believe what i'm watching. Yoseob is laughing. And joking. And making incredibly convincing bird noises. I actually can't believe that an employee didn't come in and kick them out, the way he and Lee Joon are acting. It's like their drunk and high as . Kikwang and Dongwoon are on the floor doing this really y dance where they there hips up. "what the hell is that?" asks Yoseob, laughing. "It's American dance!" Answers Lee Joon, getting down and joining the other two. Yoseob stops laughing and looks directly at the camer. "It's traumatizing." I don't think i've ever laughed so hard. And i've been around for a while. 

I'm in a pretty good mood when i get back to the apartment. I open the door singing Twinkle, which is now stuck in my head. I walk into the kitchen and the song dies on my lips. Byunghee is sitting at the table with his arms crossed over his chest and Doojoon has his head in his hands. "Where were you last night?" Byunghee doesn't sound happy. "I was working?" "On who?" i hesitate, knowing that 'Kikwang' is the wrong answer. But there's no lieing to Byunghee. I try to sound casual. "Kikwang." His eyes flick down to the ring on my finger. . I forgot to take it off. "A matching set?" I shove my hand in my pocket. "I-it's to earn his trust." "Lee Kikwang is a murderer," i see Doojoon twicth and i clench my fist inside my pocket. "He doesn't need a demon anymore. You can get a new assignment." I narrow my eyes at him. "Fine. But Kikwang still belongs to me." "You can't have him." "Why not? He's like my little human toy. Doojoon has one." Doojoon twitches again and i feel bad for saying it. Byunghee stands up and walks over to me. He doesn't look angry anymore, just tired. "Junhyung, you might be able to lie to yourself, but not to me. That boy isn't a toy. It's time to let go, this has already been going on for longer than it should. You can't be so involved with just a random human."

I want to scream. Kikwang isn't a random human.... but he is. Byunghee's right. He's already killed someone, he doesn't have to be my patient anymore. And if he's not my patient anymore, he becomes random. But wait..." What about Cheondung and Seungho? You never complained about them, and they're random humans." "They're not Kikwang." He's right, i know he is, but..."What about Doojoon!!" I can hear the desperation in my own voice. "He has Dongwoon!! He's had him for much longer and he was never even working on him!" Byunghee is about to talk when Doojoon lifts his head out of his arms for the first time. I gasp. His eyes are red and he looks exhausted. I've never seen Doojoon cry before. Not in the 158 years that i've known him. "Maybe... Byunghee is right. Having ra ...." His voice cracks. "Random humans so close is... worng...?" His voice is strangled and unsure. "Junhyung, I think we should let go."

_____________________________________________________________

A/N: i feel an end drawing near. Don't get too depressed yet, and please hold on!!