Chapter 3

Strangers Under The Sun

 

She didn’t realized she dozed off on her bed until her blackberry was screaming wanting attention. Violet answered ‘annyeong’. Familiar screams was heard from the other end of the line ‘violet, you’re marrying Taeyang and you never told us’ it was mark, rach and lily.

They started screaming, all having their own things to say. Violet was half awake, she couldn’t grasp what they were talking about. All she knew was they weren’t happy, at all with the fact they didn’t knew. How could she tell him, she herself knew this a few hours ago. She took a deep breath. Rach, lily and mark were silent suddenly, maybe realizing that she was going to explain. It was obvious she was on loudspeaker.

She couldn’t tell them the truth could she. So she told a white lie ‘we are in love and Tae wanted this all the sudden, I cant reject can I, I’m surprised myself, I didn’t want to tell you in the first place cause I was only protecting you and the shop?’ she sighed ‘you aren’t happy for me?’ a little blackmail in the end. She knew this will do trick, she knew them for far to long.

          Suddenly their screams came on reaching her. She bet they were jumping around. Her workers were mad. ‘ofcourse we are violet-ssi’. We knew it the ticket was the right birthday present,lily screamed. Then all sounds clashed again, everybody asking everything at the same time.

Violets eyebrows were cringing. ‘ok ok, im with Tae right now,I wont be in the office tomorrow, u know what to do, don’t burn down the shop’.

Then they all suddenly kept quite and said their goodbyes happily. Violet placed her phone next to her pillow and stared at the ceiling. Taeyang’s poster. She sighed and made a mental note to take it off before hwangsabo arrived. She don’t want to look like a maniac.

She stared at the navy blue retro clock on her wall above her plama tv. 10 pm already. She need to take a bath. 40 minits later she was in the pjs on the same bed staring at her now ceiling witout the poster. No more poster.

Suddenly she tought of the photoshoot. What was she going to wear? She don’t have anyting that does she. Does she have to look sophisticated, girly or maybe sporty? Oh no. she cant go and buy clothes now. Maybe she should call hwangsabo, but its nearly 11. That’s unappropriate. Ok, she will just think about it tomorrow when hwangsabo comes, she can ask him to stop to any shops. It will be easy for her to shop.

          She wanted to on the television but the was afraid to see the news about their engagement, she was sure that hwangsabo were calling the media when they were in the car. While in the thoughts her blackberry rang. An unidentified number ‘annyeong’ violet answered slowly. ‘annyeong, violet this is Taeyang’ comes a manly voice. Violet’s eye went wide ‘ah ah, yes taeyang-ssi’. ‘are you asleep?’ he asked. Such slow gentle voice violet noted.

Violet snapped out of it and continued ‘owh no’. taeyang sound relieved and explained ‘hwangsabo can’t pick you up tomorrow, so I will pick you up at 9am ok?’.

Violet hid a smile. Darn it ‘ ok, taeyang-ssi what should I wear?’.

Taeyang was silent for a moment maybe evaluating the right answer for the question. Then he resurface ‘what theme you want to go with,maybe sophisticated, a bit serious?’ .

Violet didn’t know how to tell him that she only own a dress and the dress was from the concert so basicly she don’t have anything to wear that will scream sophisticated and I’m getting married. ‘ermm, actually ermmm taeyang sii I don’t think I have anything nice to wear, maybe if we change the theme to casual?’ violet stammered.

Taeyang was fast to answer to this one ‘ I don’t think it will be appropriate violet, the picture will be given to the media, I’ll bring you to shop before the photoshoot, can you do it fast?’ he asked ‘ok sure.9am tomorrow,see you’ violet said. ‘ok,goodnight then’

Taeyang said, he sound in a better mood. ‘violet,tq again’he whispered. Violet cant help but smiled ‘noproblem, nites’.

Violet plooped her head on the pillow and smiled. Maybe this will work out after all?