Chapter 16

Let's get married

As the performance edge nearer and nearer for both Changmin and Sooyoung, time spent in practice room and Changmin singing his parts when showering is more frequent. A day left for them to perfect their parts is all they left, as they would be stepping onto stage together singing a duet tomorrow. "Sooyoung-ah, I think we should repractice the part again? This part is more tricky and we might make mistake here." Changmin said as he pointed out at a part on their song sheet, where the both of them would sing together to hit a high note. Sooyoung nodded and they continued practicing again. It had been a hell of a week since they started the tight schedule of practicing, rehearsing on stage, photoshoots and fitting of their performance clothes. Both Sooyoung and Changmin are already wishing for a third hand or a pill which can give them 10 hours of sleep. Kyuhyun had also give occassional visits to their practice room, worried of HIS Sooyoung and a certain someone might flirt with her.

"Soo, should we stop for a moment and go out for lunch?" Changmin asked as he took a glance at the clock and it was 2.40pm already. Sooyoung gave an enthusiastic nod and both of them were out, finding a nice and comfortable restaurant in less than 5 minutes. Afterall, they were shikshins and the word 'food' would never fail to quicken their pace in finding a restaurant.

"Hmmm....we shall have 2 sets of steak, well-done please. And 2 bowl of mushroom soup, 2 Ceaser salad and 2 Chicken Pie. Do you have anything to add on Youngie?" Changmin asked, the both of them fully clad in disguise of course, for a meal undisturbed by fans who could not resist the charm of the maknae of the Rising Gods of the East and the leggy brunette of Girl's Generation.

"Hmmm...can we have also have 2 cups of mocha frappe? Oh...and 2 pieces of mango cheesecake please. That should be all." Sooyoung said and gave a smile, retuening the menu to the waiter and thanking him. The waiter had his mouth agape, he was pretty sure that in front of him stood 2 people, and not a family of four, were they able to finish all the food? The waiter shrugged and returned to the kitchen with a long list of their order, scratching his head in confusion.

Soon after, their orders had made their way to the table and it wasn't long before the dishes were wiped clean, very cleanly. They were shikshins afterall and their huge appetite was satisfied after lunch. "You know what soo? There's a time when I forgot that the hyungs were still in the dormitory and when I went out, I had locked the door from outside. Soon after, Jaejoong hyung had called me and gave me a long lecture...They had to call on a locksmith when they thought that the door could not be opened and was spoilt, Yunho and Junsu hyung were already late for their schedule and the locksmith was taking a long time to arrive and break down the house. Soon after, manager hyung arrived at our dorm and was surprised to see a locksmith hammering our door away. He then took out his keys to our dorm and just unlocked the door, when the locksmith was hammering the door for 10 minutes already! Junu and Yunho hyung quickly rushed to their schedules and when I returned after eating, Jae hyung was sitting in the living room and glaring at me before punishing me by asking me to 50 jumping jacks at the balcony with only a t-shirt and short pants...on a winter day! Apparently, they had paid the locksmith 50,000 won for his transport expenses, the hammering and tip. " Changmin pouted, as he remembered the awful punishment Jaejoong had given him...everybody makes mistake right? How was he supposed to remember that there was somebody in the house?

"Seriously oppa? Pabo! Poor Junsu and Yunho oppa, rushing for schedule! *chuckles* Did you know? Once when we were going to Japan for Hoot promotions, because of our hectic schedule, we could only pack the morning before our flight. When we were on our way to the airprort, I suddenly remembered that I did not bring my passport and we had to go back again. After that, we had to return back for the second time when Seohyun forgotten her Keroro blanket and had threatened not to perform at all if we did not return to take it. Finally, when we had reached the airport, Sica unnie had to return back to the dorm again when she remembered that she had brought the wrong bag to Japan, the bag she brought was of library books she had to return. Mama Taeng almost flare up and if glares coulld kill, we would be dead by now already...she had threatened that she would throw tomatoes at us if one of us have to return back to the dorm again." Sooyoung said as she giggled at that piece of memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`~~~~

Finally, the day of the performance had arrived and Changmin and Sooyoung's debut duet would be on stage in an hour. The duo had changed already and was now up on stage rehearsing for the last time.

Changmin: nae meongdeun gaseumi
                     neol chajaorago
                     sorichyeo bureunda
 
Sooyoung: neon eodinneungeoni
                    naui moksori deulliji annni
                    naegeneun
 
Together: na dasi sarado
                  myeot beoneul taeeonado
                  harudo niga eobsi sal su eomneun na
                  naega jikyeojul saram
                  naega saranghal saram nan
                  geurae nan neo hanamyeon chungbunhanikka
                  neo hanaman saranghanikka
 
As they sang finished the last note, a loud 'CUT!' from the PD was heard and they thanked the crew and staff members before going off the stage to their waiting room. Though SNSD had no performance at M-Countdown that day, the 8 members and Kyuhyun had came to see their shikshin's stage with Changminnie.
 
"Woah, daebak! MY youngie is too awesome! Your voice had melted my heart!" Kyuhyun said, as he made his way to Sooyoung and placed a possesive arm on Sooyoung's skinny waist. Sooyoung blushed at the intimate action and gave a chuckle, smiling at his use of 'MY youngie', much to the other members' catcalling.
 
Changmin's POV
 
I winced at Kyuhyun's closeness with Sooyoung, must he be really that obvious of his affection towards Sooyoung? I am still having a crush on her though, ever since I was a trainee but shyness took control over me and till today, I still do not have the guts to confess to her. Yesterday is the best day ever, man I wished I could always dine with her and talk to her, seeing her half-cresent moon eyes whenever she talks and the glint of happiness when talking about food. Cho Kyuhyun, you know that I have a crush on her yet why must you make me jealous?
 
I quickly change the topic of the conversation, before anyone could notice my aching heart, "Sooyoung, manager hyung asks us to touch up on our makeup and redo our hair before we practice the song again. It is our debut performance and we have got to make everything perfect right? Kyu, looks like I have to borrow Sooyoungie for a while arraseo?" I asked and when Sooyoung nodded and sat beside me in front of the makeup table. I was secretly smirking when I saw Kyuhyun's disappointed face, though I know we may be the best of friends, the evil pair but love comes before friendship and I would be selfish enough to gain her attention for a moment even if it is just sitting down here, I am satisfied with her next to me.
 
"Changsoo, out in 3 minutes.'' A stage crew had shouted and Sooyoung and I stood at te edge of the stage, waiting for fellow labelmates, SHINee to finish performing before going up on stage. I was grinning from ear to ear from hearing the PD calling us Changsoo, a combination of our names. It sounded really very nice. Sooyoung was trembling beside me due to nervousness but had a straight face on, not wanting to show her nervousness. I guess its the professionalism of SNSD huh? I took her hand into mine and smiled, "You alright? Don't worry, there is me around." I told her and she gave me a weak smile in return. That smile, Sooyoung-ah, don't you know that smile of yours could melt me?
 
-end of POV-
 
Changmin: oneuldo nae gieogeul ttarahemaeda
                     i gil kkeuteseo seoseongineun na
                     dasin bol sudo eomneun niga nareul butjaba
                     naneun tto i gireul mutneunda
 
Sooyoung: neol bogo sipdago
                    tto ango sipdago
                    jeo haneulbomyeo gidohaneun nal
 
Together: niga animyeon andwae
                  neo eobsin nan andwae
                  na ireoke haru handareul tto illyeoneul
                  na apado joha
                  nae mam dachyeodo joha nan
                  geurae nan neo hanaman saranghanikka
 
Sooyoung: na du beon dasineun
                    bonael su eopdago
                    na neoreul itgo salsun eopdago
 
Together: niga animyeon andwae
                  neo eobsin nan andwae
                  na ireoke haru handareul tto illyeoneul
                  na apado joha
                  nae mam dachyeodo joha nan
                 geurae nan neo hanaman saranghanikka
 
Changmin: nae meongdeun gaseumi
                     neol chajaorago
                     sorichyeo bureunda
 
Sooyoung: neon eodinneungeoni
                    naui moksori deulliji annni
                    naegeneun
 
Together: na dasi sarado
                  myeot beoneul taeeonado
                  harudo niga eobsi sal su eomneun na
                  naega jikyeojul saram
                  naega saranghal saram nan
                  geurae nan neo hanamyeon chungbunhanikka
                  neo hanaman saranghanikka

After they sang finish the last note, Changmin broke eye contact with Sooyoung and started doing a slow waltz dance with her. Her light nimble steps had synchronised perfectly with his steady and slow steps, the couple had enjoyed the dance, while feeding emothions to each dance step. Each dance step had held an untold story, be it the twirl that they did which they had to practice many a times to perfect it, or the step where Sooyoung had to spin into Changmin's arms which they had fell many times, too much that bruises were formed after each practice. Finally, the 6 minutes performance had ended and Changmin once again grabbed Sooyoung's hands and both of them gave a bow to the audience, much to the fans' uproar. The final highlight was when Changmin had shouted SARANGHAE! to Sooyoung, her face turning crimson red and the both of them hurried off the stage.

"Shim Changmin, what the hell was that for? How could you just shout saranghae to my wife?" Kyuhyun accousted Changmin as he made his way from the washroom back to their practice room.

"It was part of the performance, our first duet should always be meaningful isn't it?" Changmin replied, the jealous and angry tone of Kyuhyun's voice wasn't oblivious to him.

"Well, let's hope that that is the truth and the saranghae is not personal to MY wife.'' Kyuhyun replied, before heading back to the waiting room with Changmin behind him.

Kyuhyun was kind of very pissed off with Changmin, though they might be best friends, it still dosen't give Changmin the rights to shout i love you to his wife. He winced as he could imagine tomorrow's editorials in the newspaper: Changsoo's new duet? He was going to have to make sure that

(1), Sooyoung would not waver to the maknae of the 5 Rising Gods Of the East.

(2), He would have to introduce new girls to Changmin so he would not hit on his girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hi readers :) Sorry for the hiatus, I was caught up with a lot of school work and tests and I had no time to continue writhing this fic. Anyway, Changmin's heartfelt thoughts to Sooyoung and Kyuhyun getting angry with Changmin! Hmmm...both 88-liners getting upset with each other because of their love to a girl? Changsoo or Kyuyoung? :D Please comment and subscribe! :)