16th April 2008 - 1st March 2009

Moment

 

16th March 2008

First time meeting with the subject.

Mr. Lee picked me up at my home (which was provided by the Instittue)and brought me to his house, to meet Lee Taemin. It was only about 20 minutes of walking.

Mr. Lee explained to me more about the subject. He told me that his family is consist of him and his wife, his three daughters and the subject; his youngest son. He told me about Taemin’s good and bad traits, what he likes, what he hates and more. From the conversation, I believe Mr. Lee is a very loving and concern father.

My first impression on the subject: he’s childish.

This was our first time meeting, so I held a bit get-to-know- each-other session instead of tutoring. Lee Taemin was obviously didn’t like the idea of having a tutor, or rather spending more times to study (a.k.a less time to dance). He refused to co-operate with me and sulked in the corner of the room while staring at me like I was some kind of alien. I checked his test report.

He’s stupid.

Maybe not really stupid because I realized he did score a few A’s in the past year tests. His result dropped into the sea only starting the end of last year and he’s recent result was the worst.

I know that my position as a tutor is only a cover-up, but I don’t think I can allow a kid under my guide (or observation) produces such poor test result.

Lee Taemin, like me or not, I’m gonna push your fo I will make you study like crazy.

 

 

 

28th March 2008

The subject, Lee taemin skipped our tutor session again. It’s the fifth time already.

That brat

I think I should do something about this

 

 

 

1st April 2008

 

Lee Taemin sulked because today, I fetched him from school (I didn’t want him to escape from our tutor session again) and force him to do some mathematic questions. He answered all wrong.

This is hard.

He is not putting any effort in studying at all.

 

 

 

3rd April 2008

I dropped at the institute to send reports of Subject 7. The chief project (he asked me to call him Onew ) only looked at my report briefly and said it was okay before stuffing it under his table which filled with more papers.

 

I asked Onew more about the project, because I wasn’t told anything except that I need to watch Subject 7 and submit reports on it. But the Onew told me that I don’t have to be concerned with the details of the project. He told me that I only need to watch Subject 7 until I graduated (because after that I will be working at the institute full time) but if I’m unlucky; until Subject 7 awaken, that’s when my real task is, to report to the company as soon as possible. When I asked what he meant by awaken, Onew just laughed and he told me when it happens, I will know.

 

p/s: I met Key at the institute and he looked different. He looked thinner and messier. We chat only a bit. He told me he was busy with the project that the institute made him involved and plus his university assignment. I pity him that he was so busy but I’m a bit jealous that the institute actually made him works… compared to me.

 

 

 

23rd April 2008

I figured out that Lee Taemin really likes banana milk. He would sit still during the tutor session if I gave him banana milk.

 

p/s: I found out that Taemin calls me ‘alien’ behind my back. I saw some scribbles on his note book.

 

 

 

 

17th May 2008

 Lee Taemin skipped our session again. But his noona; Yoona told me that Taemin might be at the dance studio. I went there and dragged him back home.

He was very angry but he looked cuter when he’s angry.

He told me that he has dance competition in another 4 weeks, so need to practice instead of studying. I gave him some lecture on why study is important. But then, we compromised. I told him that I will let him skipped our tutor session until the competition day if he can get into the upper half in this month’s test score rank. He agreed.

 

 

 

 

27th May 2008

Today is Taemin’s first test day. I promised to fetch Taemin from school today.

 

 

 

 

13th June 2008

Another 10 days before Taemin’s dance competition day.

Taemin wasn’t able to get into the upper half of the rank (I expect this from the beginning but I was surprised when he agreed to the deal) but because he did improved a lot despite of his last minute study, I cut off half of our tutor sessions, so he can go practicing for the competition. The competition day is coming close and Taemin is practicing like crazy. He looked really tired but this is what he wants to do, so I will not tell him to take it easy.

 

Today, during the tutor session, Taemin fell asleep. I didn’t wake him up and let him sleep.

 

 

 

 

23rd June 2008

Today is Taemin’s dance competition day. It was the first time I saw Taemin dance. I don’t know how to describe it, but he was amazing.

Unfortunately, he didn’t win. When the result was announced, Taemin was beside me. I saw his hands were trembling, I thought he was angry. I thought he will blame me for not giving him enough practicing hours, but then, he was crying like a baby. He was sad and felt sorry, because he said he made me disappointed of him. I consoled him by buying him some ice-cream. I just notice how beautiful his smile is.

 

p/s: I met Key at the dance competition. I didn’t know he likes this kind of things… or rather I didn’t know he had time of these things.

 

 

 

 

9th October 2008

Taemin’s final exam day.

I had class at university but I can’t stop worrying about Taemin. I think I’ll skip this evening class and go visit Taemin at school. I hope he did well.

 

 

 

 

24th December 2008

I went to the supermarket for the last minute shopping. This year again, I’ll be celebrating Christmas alone but my mum had send me a Christmas present from New Zealand. I wonder if I should send back some present for my mum, my step father and my baby step sister… but maybe they won’t like it. So I’ll be buying only two present this year; for Taemin and Key.

Mr. Lee invited me to celebrate Christmas with his family and Taemin insisted me to sleep over at his house. I can’t say no to them… or rather, I don’t want to say no.

 

 

 

 

10th February 2009

Taemin will sleep over at my house tonight. He told me that Mr. Lee and his wife went for their anniversary honeymoon and Taemin said his twin sisters, Yoona and Yuri will held a party at their house tonight. So, Taemin is escaping. I didn’t mind him staying over for 1 or 2 nights.  

Key sudenly knocked my front door and he was drunk really bad. I haven’t met Key for quite some times because he was busy with his assignment and his project at the institute. I've never seen Key drunk before. Is he even legal to drink yet? I wonder what happened.

Taemin helped me put Key into the bed. Since we let Key slept on the bed that I prepared for Taemin, we have to sleep together on my bed tonight.

 

 

 

 

14th February 2009

It’s Saturday, but Jonghyun called me over to meet him. When I reached there, Onew was there too and he was bawling. He had a fight with his girlfriend… again. They have been dating more than 10 years (as Jonghyun told me). They are each other’s first and only girlfriend/ boyfriend. I don’t want to sound insensitive, but I know they will get back together again, they always did. In the middle of trying to comfort the old cry baby, Taemin texted me. I made excuses and went to meet Taemin.

Taemin was cheerful when he saw me. He always is. I have the feeling that Taemin really likes me and it made me proud if it’s true. I like Taemin a lot too.

 

p/s: Taemin gave me a chocolate bar. I wonder what made he thinks that I like chocolate bar.

 

 

 

1st March 2009

This is nothing to do with Taemin, but I still feel the need to write this.

Key told me he wanted to drop out of the university. He said he wanted to stop working at the institute or receiving the scholarship. He wanted to do something else, not this anymore.

I’m very shocked. Key is a friend that I met in high school. We naturally became close because of our extra ordinary brain. Being with Key, I felt normal. We were two people who were always thirst for knowledge, we love reading, testing and experimenting.  

It’s beyond my imagination that one day Key would be sick of studying.