Bad timing

At first sight

 

The next day we all had to leave Min because we needed to play a concert. It had been a while since we had done performing activity in Korea. So tonight we played for Seoul.

Seoul was always an amazing audience and there were always hundreds of people.  All the other boys were really excited about it. I was too but… I just had this weird feeling about leaving Min home alone. There was this feeling in my stomach there said it was a bad idea.

I ended up leaving anyway. I needed to work. Being a K-pop star was hard but I had known that all along. Besides Shinee wouldn’t work without their leader… Right?

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” I asked Min for the thousandth time right before leaving.

Min sighed. “Yes Onew. I’ve already said that hundred times now. It’s not like I haven’t been home alone before you know”, she assured me.  

“Sure?” I asked her just for the safety’s sake.

Min smiled despondently and kissed my cheek. “Just go Onew. I’ll be fine”, She said.

Just as the guys were about to think that I was done I continued: “But what are you going to do?” I asked her.

A quire of sighs came from the guys and they all knocked their heads in their hands. “Aish!” Jonghyun grumbled.

Min seemed to start finding me annoying too. She took a deep breath so she wouldn’t lose it. “I’ll just… Watch some of Jonghyun’s cliché dramas he hides under his bed in the believe that no one knows he has them”, Min said.

Jonghyun nodded agreeing but then suddenly stopped. “Wait what!?”

Min just smiled. “Jonghyun… You can’t hide the truth forever. You are and will always be a hopeless romanticist”, she said.

Jonghyun’s ears turned red. He grabbed my wrist and started to pull me away from Min.  

“Okay, we’re going now before the oh-so-innocent girlfriend of yours humiliates me even more”, Jonghyun said and dragged me out of the door.

“Bye Min!” I just managed to say before Jonghyun closed the door after us. Minho, Key and Taemin came out of the door a few seconds later.

Minho’s eyes widened as he looked at the clock. “Guys! We really need to hurry”, he said and we all rushed down in the car waiting for us at the street.

As we all waited desperately for the car to arrive, Jonghyun kept growling at me.

“Aish Onew. This wouldn’t have happened if you just have hurried a little more!” He said and crossed his arms.

“Ooh Jonghyun hyung is maaad”, Taemin sang teasingly. Jonghyun shot him a cold glare and Taemin shut up.

“Yeobo cheer up!” Key beamed and hugged his arm. “Aish get away from me”, Jonghyun grumbled.

I couldn’t help but chuckle. Jonghyun looked so cute when he was mad. “You’re just mad because Min busted your secret”, I laughed.

I seemed to hit the right spot cause Jonghyun stopped nagging after that.

Jonghyun’s bad mood immediately disappeared when we met the cheering crowd on stage. This was one of the best things about being a singer. No matter how your mood was it would always lighten up because of the amazing and always supporting audience.

“What’s up Seoul!?” Key shouted in English as we entered the stage. The girls started to scream even louder when they heard Key’s English. Why was it is so famous?

                                                                                       ***                    

“I forgot how awesome concerts were”, Minho said as we entered the backstage room for our small break between the two half of the concert.

“I also forgot how tired you get”, Jonghyun said and drank all of his water bottle in one swallow.

We all nodded agreeing except from Taemin there kept dancing.

“Does that kid never lose energy?” Key muttered as he watched Taemin practicing Lucifer.

Just as we were about to enter the stage again a stressed lady ran to us.

“Stop!” She shouted and we all turned around. She really looked like she had hurried. Her hair was messy and she was panting for air.

“Onew, a lady called she said it was extremely important”, the lady tried to breathe.

I furrowed my eyebrows. “What lady? I’m thankful to you for bringing the message but don’t you think this can wait till after the concert?” I made a small bow before I started to walk towards the stage again.

“Wait!” The lady said and grabbed my shoulder. I turned around confused. Our workers were normally extremely polite and never dared to touch us. Actually I think they were a little scared of us. Not that we were rude or anything.

The lady’s eyes widened as she noticed her hand on my shoulder and immediately removed it as she got burned.

“S-sorry. But the lady said that you wanted to know this”, the lady said.

“What was the lady’s name?” I asked her as she didn’t really go any further in explanation.

“Hae-Won. She said you needed to hurry to the hospital. And something about surgery and eyes and a beeping machine. She sounded really stressed”, the lady explained.

In that moment everything paused. Min was on the hospital? That meant she was getting the surgery very soon, that the laser had finally arrived.

Taemin bowed to the lady and thanked her as I didn’t react.

Our manager walked to us. “What’s going on!? You should be on the stage right now!” He scolded us.

“B-but Min’s on the hospital”, I said.

“Who the heck is Min? You know what I don’t even care just get on the stage!” Our manager demanded.

“But manager hyung, isn’t there any possibility that Onew can leave the concert? This is really important to him”, Taemin begged.

“NO! Just get on the stage NOW!” He shouted and pointed at the waiting crowd.

“But I promised her”, I mumbled to myself. I couldn’t let her down.

Flashback:

 “You will be there for the surgery, right?” She asked me.

*Of course I will.* That’s what I wanted to say but instead the words stuck inside me. My throat turned into a knot.

“Please?” Her voice was begging and childish and close to cracking. 

I finally managed to get words out of my knotted throat. “I’ll be there right till you sleep”, I answered.

Flashback end.

“Please be nice and we’ll work extra hard from now on”, Taemin begged. His voice sounded like he was about to cry in desperation. I mean, it was nice of him to care so much but he seemed to care really much, almost too much.

Our manager shook his head, strict. “NOW!” He yelled and pointed at the stage. He sent us another warning glare and then turned around to say something to a lady.

I was just about to walk onto the stage when all of the boys grabbed my shoulders. “You can’t let her down!” They whispered.

“I know but…” I said and jerked my head towards our manager.

They boys ignored my comment. “Go now!” They hissed but still so low that our manager didn’t hear them.

I widened my eyes. We had never defied our manager’s words. “Now!” Taemin hissed. With one they all pushed me against the exit.

I quickly took a peek at our manager to see if he was looking and then I sprinted out of the room.

As I ran around the corner I could just hear the rest of Shinee enter the stage again. “We are very sorry but Onew had to leave because-“

Their voices faded as I kept running towards the hospital. Luckily our concertplace wasn’t so long from the hospital.

“I-I’m here to see Park Min”, I panted to the lady in the reception when I ran into the hospital.

“She’s at 4th floor hallway 3, room 56 but I don’t think-“ The lady didn’t get to say any more before I ran away from her.

I needed to reach Min in time before she drifted away in her general anaesthia.

“You must be Onew”, A nurse greeted me as I barged into the room.

“W-where’s Min?” I panted and looked around in the room.

I found her in the corner lying in a hospital bed. Her face was pale and her eyes were closed. Hae-Won stood by her bed side and Min’s hand.

“They already gave her the anaesthia. She’s slowly drifting to sleep”, Hae-Won told me.

“Is she sleeping?” I asked them and by sleep I meant if the anaesthia already worked on her.

“We don’t know for sure, but we surely think so”, the nurse said.

I quickly walked to her and grabbed her free hand. I planted a small kiss on it. “I’m so sorry Min. I knew leaving you home alone was a bad idea”, I apologized even though she might not had heard it.

“I knew you would say goodnight to me”, Min whispered with a hoarse voice.

My eyes widened and I looked at the nurse. “She’s  awake!” I said.

“Min, are you there? Can you hear me?” I asked her. As I didn’t get an answer I grabbed her hand again. “Min!? Can you hear me!?” I asked her desperately. For some reason, panic started to grow in me.

“Sir, she’s already gone”, the nurse announced.

The nurse pressed a button and only a moment after 5 sergeants entered the room. They started to roll Min out of the room for the surgery room.

“Wait!” I shouted but I was only left with the sight of them rolling Min down the hallway.

____________________

Thanks for reading. ;-) Your comments are my driver! :P