A Cruel Smile

At first sight

 

I gazed at the door, where Taemin just disappeared out of. I couldn’t believe what I just saw. I heard never ever thought that Taemin would act this way.

Everyone got hurt when they got rejected, I understood that. But the way he shouted, the words he said, they were terrible. It was like he didn’t love his life a single bit.

“Where’s Taemin?” Luna asked me as she appeared behind me. “Huh?” I asked still confused about what happened.

Luna softly chuckled. “Where’s Taemin?” she repeated. “Oh. Um… He kind of got mad and left”, I admitted.

Luna raised her brows. “Taemin mad? It’s like putting Key and unfashionable clothes in the same sentence.”

I nodded. “I know, I’m kind of confused too.”

“Why did he get mad?” Luna asked me. I mumbled something and avoided to answer. Luna shrugged her shoulders and grabbed my hand.

“Come on, I want to show you something, not so far away from here”, she sai and started to drag me out of the cinema.

I checked my watch. It was already late and I needed to find Taemin. On top of that, I had a date with Onew too.

“I’m sorry Luna, but it’s really late and I really need to get home”, I apologized. But Luna shook her head.

“No no. It won’t take long.” And then she smiled. There was something about her smile, that creeped me out. It was dangerous and risky. Maybe even challenging.

“Come on Min. Don’t always do what Onew tells you to”, she winked at me. Her eyes. They did the same as her smile.

Stupid as I was, I decided to follow her. The change to get rid of my good-girl image finally appeared and I eagerly caught it with both my hands.

“Okay then. Show me what’s so exciting”, I agreed and let Luna drag me. She took a fast way out of centrum and she stopped in front of a lonely shanty house. It was decayed and looked old. Very old.

“What are we doing here?” I asked her and looked around, puzzled. Within just a few minutes, it seemed we had reached completely away from the city. It was a waste out here.

“Come on I’ll show you something”, Luna smirked. She walked to the shanty house’s door and started to open it up.

“Wait Luna”, I tried to stop her. “Are you sure we’re allowed to be here?” I nervously asked. When I said I wanted to get rid of my clear image, I didn’t mean this way.

Luna nodded. “Yeah sure. Come on”, she smiled and opened the door for me. I hesitated for a moment and took a peek inside.

There were just as empty on the inside as the outside. Only an old well-worn couch and some dusty pictures in the corner.

Actually it was the pictures that convinced me to enter the little house. From the door, I could see that it was pictures of families, old couples and personal stuff. These kinds of things fascinated me. In fact, all pictures did ever since I’d got my sight back.

“Okay”, I mumbled a slowly took some steps inside the shanty house. As Luna stayed in the door, I turned around and asked her, “Aren’t you coming?”

Luna smiled that awful smile again. “Let’s play a quiz, Min”, she finally said. “Um… Okay?” I agreed. Why was she being so weird and creepy all of sudden?

“It’s about me. First question, who is my biggest love in life?” Luna asked me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. The fact that Luna was making me quiz about her seemed weird and selfish. And the fact that she started out with the most sensitive subject for both of us, was even weirder.

Maybe it was a trick question. Maybe she wasn’t thinking about Onew, but more like stuff like chocolate, coca cola, music or something.

I decided to go with the safe side and suggested, “Chocolate?”

Luna snorted and rolled her eyes. She placed her hand on her waist and send me a snobby look. “Seriously, Min. Are you really that dumb?”

I raised my brows at her mean comment. When did she transform back into a again?

“I-I” I started to stutter. I cursed at myself in my mind. Every time someone was being rude to me, I turned into a helpless pathetic girl, that didn’t know how to defend herself.

“Yes, poor Min, it is Onew I’m talking about”, Luna smirked. Her eyes had turned black with hatred and I admit, I was scared of her in that moment.

“Next question. Who took Onew away from me?” Luna asked. I avoided her laser firing eyes and stared onto the ground. I uncomfortably moved my feet in circular motions.

“I-I guess I d-did”, I whispered with a tint voice. Luna evilly laughed of my pathetic voice. “Correct. Now who is going to pay for that?” she asked.

My eyes widened and I looked up at her. “W-what are you-“ I started but my voice faded out.

“You are”, Luna answered her own question. “Don’t worry Min. It’s going to be fun”, she assured me but somehow I didn’t trust her.

At all.

“M-maybe I should get home now”, I said and tried to escape out of the small house. “No!” Luna shouted. Her eyes were burning with a sudden rage, that I quickly took two steps away from her.

Luna replaced the scary expression with a false smile. She ducked her hand down her pocket and found a matchbox. She waved in the air.

“Fourth question, what is this?” she asked me, talking a match from the box. Her eyes were sparkling with pure evilness by now. The fear started to pump around in my veins when I realized the whole house was made of pure tree. No, she wouldn’t do something like that, I calmed myself down.

“It’s time to close your eyes, Min”, Luna smiled. Her eyes were filled with hate, bitterness, and something insane. Her smile was even worse than before.

She grabbed my head harshly, and with a swift move she had tied a scarf around my head. I heard the sound of a match that landed on the floor.

“How does it feel to be blind again?” Luna asked me. “L-luna this isn’t fun anymore”, I said. Luna laughed.

“Goodbye Min”, Luna said and I heard a door close.

_______________________________________________________________________

Guuuuys! :D I have a brand new fic out. Well two actually ;P

Yeobo, I think I love your brother (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/251618/yeobo-i-think-i-love-your-brother-comedy-jonghyun-key-romance-shinee)

Warning: Friendzone Ahead! (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/258935/warning-friendzone-ahead-jonghyun-romance-shinee-sulli-taemin-fictional)

It would mean the world to me, if you checked them out :) Please? <3 This fic is lacking through an end but that doesn’t mean I have to stop rambling to you? Does it? ;)