Are you really blind?

At first sight

 

I walked around in the park. People sent me weird looks. Not because they could recognize me but because I wore sunglasses. It was a cold winter day with a cloudy heaven.

A girl walked in my direction. She looked lost. Her eyes looked in a weird direction and she walked like she needed to think about every step she took.

She continued in my direction.  At first I thought she might have recognized me and wanted an autograph. But she kept on walking until she bumped right into me.

An annoyed feeling grew in me. Did people really behave this way these days? Or was it just a lame excuse to talk with me?

“Yah! Watch where you’re going!” I rudely said. The girl didn’t even look in my direction when I talked to her. I turned my head in her direction but there were nobody.

“Sorry” She said and walked directly into me again.

“Are you blind or something!?” I mocked. The girl finally turned her head in my direction.

“What if I am?” She challenged.

“Prove it” I demanded. She couldn’t possibly be blind right?

“Well how are you planning me to do that?” She asked. She was right. But then I came up with an idea. I looked around to see if anyone looked at us and then I removed my disguise. I waited for her scream and fangirling but nothing happened.

“Hello?” She asked as I didn’t say anything. Couldn’t she see that I’m Onew? She could have faked it, but she didn’t even move an inch in her face.

“You really are blind?” I wondered.

“I told you so”

“Minhae I didn’t mean to… I mean I didn’t know that-“I tried to apologize.

“It’s okay a lot of people react that way and I’m sorry for bumping in to you” She said.

“It’s okay” I answered.

I took my time to study her face in details. Since she was blind she couldn’t possible know I looked at her.

 

She was really beautiful. Her eyes were icy blue and foggy. They were surrounded my long black eyelashes. Her black and curled hair framed her face perfectly. Her face was small and round. Her apple cheeks were round as she wore rouge. Her lips was really red and a small smiled played on her lips. Actually she reminded me of Snow-white.

 “What are you looking at?” She asked. *How did she do that?* my cheeks got red in embarrassment. She started walking away from me. I felt a sudden urge to talk more with her and ran up beside her.

“D-do you need help?” I asked. Onew, why do you stutter?

“I can take care of myself” She coldly said and walked even faster. I ran to her again. How could she walk so fast when she couldn’t see?

“Do you want to grab a cup of coffee then?” I asked her. She turned her head to me.

“I know this really good chocolate place. They have the best chocolate on earth” I said. I didn’t know what got up to me. Normally I wasn’t really interested in girls at all but there was something about her.

“I don’t even know you” She protested but I could feel she was tempted.  

“We could make it sort of a blind date then?” I suggested.

She shot me a glare… Or at least it looked like she did.

“What?” I asked her confused.

“Blind date? Was that supposed to be funny?” She asked me. Ooops…

“No no! Sorry I didn’t think of what I said” I said.

She giggled. “Don’t worry I’m just joking” She smiled. My heart flattered with the sound of her childish little giggle. It sounded like Taemin’s.

 

I arrived at the coffee place. She suddenly stopped and smiled.

“This place is wonderful” She said and smiled.

“How…?” I wondered. She couldn’t see it then how could she know that it was a nice place?

“The sweet smell of melted chocolate is the best smell on earth, the smell of white and dark chocolate, with marzipan and marshmallows, and the fireplaces with steaming hot chocolate over them, the sweet and weak smell of freshly baked cakes with strawberry frosting and the sound of peoples laugh and happiness.” She stopped like she could feel my impressed gaze.

She smiled embarrassed. “Your scent gets a lot better when you can’t see” She explained.

“Yeah…” I answered still amazed. I didn’t even notice all of that with my eyes.

“Don’t you ever miss seeing? There are so many beautiful things in life” I asked.

“Since I’ve ever experienced not to be blind I can’t really miss it can I? But there is one thing I miss: Peoples smiles. My mum has told me they are some of the most beautiful things about humans” She smiled.

“That’s true” I said secretly referring to her smile. It made by body warm every time she flashed her beautiful innocent smile of hers.

Our conversation continued. She was so interesting. She told me about living without seeing and such stuff. I had never talked with such an exciting person before. She looked at life at a hole other point of view than others. Even though she was blind she still was very grateful.

“Can you please sing to me?” She suddenly asked. I looked up confused. How could she know I could sing? She didn’t knew who I was did she?

“Please?” She begged.

“But I don’t understand. How can you know I like singing?” I asked.

“I can hear it in your voice. First of all your voice is so good. And then it’s like you talk with a little tune on all the time. Only musicians do that” She smiled.

“Oh…” I nodded. I had never thought of that.

I hesitated and looked around in the cafe. Would people recognize me if I started singing?

I sang a few lines from a random song. She said with her jaw wide open.

“Onew!?!?” She asked in shock.

Oh ! “How do you know about me?” I asked. She still looked completely shocked.

“It’s not like I don’t listen to music” She answered. Then she started to get her jacket on.

“Where are you going?” I asked her.

“I-I have to go” She stuttered and hurried out of the café.

I quickly left some money on the table and hurried after her.

“Wait up!” I shouted and ran up to her.

 “What’s going on?” I asked her.

“I-I can’t date an idol. I’m sorry for wasting your time” She said.

“No wait! I don’t understand?”

“I don’t want to be a part of that world. With all the glamour, paparazzi’s, rumors, reporters and so on. I’m sorry but I don’t fit in in your world. I would just bother you” She said.

“You don’t understand! I know I’ve just met you but I really like you. You are completely different from other people I’m surrounded of. You are so honest and optimistic!” I said.

“Maybe you now see different as a good thing but trust me you won’t after just a few days” She sadly smiled.

“But…”

“I’m sorry Onew” She said and then walked away.

I didn’t even get her name…

 

____________________________________________________________________

First chapter out! :) What do you think? Thank you for reading! :D