Ducks and kicks

At first sight

 

Onew P.O.V

I couldn’t get her out of my head. The way she smiled, the way she looked at life, her icy blue eyes and just all of her. Could I really have fallen in love with her by just an hour of talking? That seemed impossible. That were something there only would happen in silly love songs.

My hyungs noticed my missing attention. In practice I couldn’t concentrate and I was absent all the time.

“Dude, what’s with you!?” Jonghyun waved in front of my face.

“Nothing… I’m just a little tired” I excused myself.

“Then you have been tired for almost 4 days now” Jonghyun sighed.

“Yeah man! We want our foolish chicken loving Onew hyung back!” Taemin pouted.

“I still love chicken!” I defended myself. Honestly I didn’t understand myself either. I could almost get any girl in the world then why did I feel so down about getting rejected by a stranger? I didn’t even know her.

“Maybe you should go for a walk?” Key suggested. An idea appeared in my mind. If I met her in the park last time, then there would be a chance that she might be there today too right?

“I’ll do that” I said and dressed up for the cold winter. I wrapped my scarf around my neck and got into my coat.

“See ya! Get normal!” Jonghyun shouted as I left.

I walked down to the park. A small hope grew in me. Maybe she would be there. Then I could convince her that she had mistaken about me. Then maybe I could get  a second chance?

My happy face fell when I reached the park. Only a few couples and some old people where in the park. I sat on a bench near the frozen lake with a dark mood. Why was I feeling this way about her?

“Why so sad young man?” An old man asked be and sat beside me. He pulled out a small bag filled with old bread. He started to feed the ducks with the crumbs.

“Do you want some?” The man offered me and putted some bread in my hand. I started to split the bread and feed the ducks that quickly surrounded me.

When I was about to feed a duck it snapped my finger.

“Ouch! It bit my finger and I was just being nice to it!” I complained and blew my finger.

“Just like women” The old man said.

“Excuse me?” I said confused. How did he connect women and ducks with each other?

“When you try to reach out and love a woman she usually denies you and push you away from her. Just like the duck here” The ajusshi explained. I nodded but still didn’t quite get where he was going.

“Then try to feed the duck again” The man said and gave me some more bread.

I carefully neared me the duck to feed it. When the duck first reached out for the bread I pulled away because I thought it was going to bite me.

“No feed it!” The old man said.

I did as told and tried again. This time the duck took the bread and ate it.

“See? You need to prove to women that you really only want them good. Then they will accept you. But that’s when most men fail. When the woman reaches out for you, you think she is going to bite at you again. That’s why most love fails” The old man explained.

“Oh…” I said and nodded. I think I understood him now.

“Why are old people always so wise?” I blurted.

“You’re calling me old!?” The man protested. “I’m totally fit!” The at least 80 years old man said and showed me his “muscles”.

“Oh… Eh sorry” I apologized. The old man chuckled.

“Just kidding. But I guess we just figure out the rules of life when it’s to late. Then we need to tell them to younger people” He said.

“Well, Thank you very much” I said and bowed.

“Now get that woman of yours” The man said.

“How did you know?” I asked, very confused.

“It shows clearly. Just go to the woman and she will see you love her when she sees you” The old man explained. I sighed. Was fate really against me?

“But she can’t see me…” I grumbled.

“Oh, is that so?” The old man asked. “Is she grounded?” He asked. I sighed.

“No it’s just—“ We got interrupted by some loud shouts and a girls crying voice.

“Excuse me” I said and ran to the group of people.

“Yah! What are you doing to the girl!?”

Min’s P.O.V

“Hey! Isn’t that the blind girl!?” A guy voice shouted. A group of voices agreed. I recognized their voices. It was the gang from my previous school. I sped up.

“Hey wait up!” They shouted and ran up to me. I started to run but they were faster than me.

When I was about to turn left I bumped right into one of them.

“So you think you could escape from me, huh?” One of the guys mocked me. “Just a shame you are a blind !” He said.

“Please leave me alone” I begged.

“Oh yeah sure! We will leave you alone now” He said. “Thank you” I said and bowed surprised.

He laughed a false laugh. “As if, you have been watching to many dramas lately… Oh wait you can’t watch them can you?” He taunted.

“But you can feel, can’t you?” Another guy asked me.

“We’ll test that”

“P-please don’t” I begged them knowing what they was about to do.

The ignored my prayer and start beating me up. Their boots and hands were all over me, their kicking legs, their violent hands, their mocking words.

“Please stop it!” I cried with the tears streaming down my face.

Their kept punching me. They pushed me from one to another. Like I was a punch bag they could play with. Like a contest about who could punch me hardest and make me scream the most.

I closed my eyes as I always did. Then the pain seemed longer away.

I folded my hands and started to whisper. “Please God. Now would be a good time to send the prince on the white horse” I whispered.

One of the guys didn’t catch me when it was his “turn” to punch me. I fell to the ground and hit my head. They continued beating me on the ground. A boot hit my directly in my face and I got dizzy.

“Yah! What are you doing to the girl!?” A familiar voice shouted, sounding like it came miles away.

Then everything became black.

_________________________

Thank you to my subscribers! :D It really means alot, please comment :)