The two dates

At first sight

 

“So where are you taking me?” Min asked as we walked down the streets together the next day. I was taking on the date I invited her out on last night.

“My favorite place”

“Which is…?” She asked curiously.

“That’s a surprise” I answered her. I heard an unsatisfied growl coming from her and I chuckled.

“Someone isn’t happy about surprises, huh?”

“There seem to be too many surprises in my life” Min sighed.

As she said those words I looked the other way and Min walked right into a lamp post. She let out a complaining groan. She let go of my hand and rubbed her forehead.

“That’s another surprise I could have lived perfectly happy without” She sighed.

“Are you sure you are okay?” I asked her worried and placed my fingers on her forehead. That must have really hurt.

“Yep! I’m getting used to this pain” She said and grabbed for my hand again.

She stood still for a moment just ‘looking’ around. She turned to me.

“You know I’m kind of waiting for you to lead my way unless you want me to bump into a pole again.”

“Oh sorry!” I quickly said. I kept on forgetting she couldn’t see anything. I pulled her the right way and we started walking again.

“Here it is” I said and stopped in front of a huge ice cream store. I smiled as I already felt the aroma of the sweet ice cream. The scent of chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, liquorice and thousands of other smells hit the edge of my nose.

“Mmmm” Min said as she smelled the same as me.

“I already like this place” Min hummed and followed the scents. She began walking towards the ice cream shop. I quickly ran a little and opened the door for her.

“Don’t worry you’re going to love this place” I assured her. My taste in food was one of the few things I was really confident in about myself.

The doorbell made a small ring as we entered the store. My sweet tooth started to bed after the ice cream as the lanes of the different ice creams tastes appeared in front of me.

The standards were there as strawberry, vanilla and chocolate. Besides them the flavors there made this shop really special stood.

Every taste you could think of were there. Even the ones that you could not imagine.

 “You have to try this” I said as my favorite appeared in my sight.

“What is it?”

“Curry ice cream with small chicken pieces.”

“EW! That’s gross!” Min protested. “No really. It’s really delicious.”

“Sir, can she taste a little bite of the chicken-curry ice cream?” I asked the man behind the desk. “Of course” The man nodded and found a small spoon and placed a mouthful on the spoon.

“Here” I said and handed Min the spoon. Min shook her head. “I am not eating that” She decided. “Come on!” I said. Min shook her head again.

“Well then I’m just going to force you” I said. “Please don’t” Min begged. “Oh yes!” I laughed evilly. She was not going to miss the greatest ice cream in the world.

“Say ah Min” I laughed and pretend the spoon was an airplane. Min crushed her lips together. “nnmm” She tried to say no between her lips.

I ignored her and pressed the spoon on her lips. “Snmp nt! [stop it]” She said with closed lips and turned her head away.

I pinched her waist and she jumped in surprise. “Yah!” She screamed. As opened I quickly put the spoon in and forced her to close her lips.

At first she protested but as she tasted the ice cream she got silent. As she finished the spoon she said: “Wow, that actually tasted good” She said surprised keeping the spoon in to be sure she ate every little piece of the ice cream.

“Yeah right!?” I said happily. She nodded.

“Okay you have to try this one too.” I said and pointed at another ice cream to the man behind the desk. The man got a spoon with the ice cream on top.

“Say ah!” I said childishly. This time Min opened without any attempts to not try the ice cream.

“What is this?” Min asked as she on the spoon.

“Guess.”

“Mmm” Min thought for a while. “It tastes like macaroni and cheese” Min said.

“Actucally it’s cheese flavor with spaghetti pieces in it” I explained. Min quickly took the spoon out.

“Ew!” She whined. “Okay your turn to guess. Sir, can you whisper the weirdest flavor to me and bring him a spoon with it?” She asked the man. The man nodded and told Min the weird flavor.

Min’s face lit up when she heard it. She giggled when she handed me the spoon.

I tasted the spoon. I crinkled my nose when I tasted the flavor. That didn’t taste good. The taste was bizarre and tasted a little like steak.

“What is this?” I asked. “Horse flesh” Min giggled. “EW!” I screamed and spit the icecream out of my mouth.

“How can you sell this?!” I asked in disbelief and tried to clean my tongue with my hands.

“Sir can we get a box with different flavors of ice cream?” I asked the man. The man nodded and packed a big box full of weird flavors.

Min and I sat on a bench outside the shop and played “guess what flavor” with each other. I was being nice to Min but even though Min couldn’t see she seemed to find the weirdest tastes for me. Damn her and her good sense of smell.

                                                                                ***

“So it’s my turn to take you out on a date today” Min said the day after.

“What are we doing today?” I asked her. Min giggled and held out a black scarf.

“What are you going to do with that?” I asked her confused. Min made a sign for me to turn around. She placed the scarf so it covered my eyes and tied a knot. My world became black and I was completely blind.

“What’s the point of this?” I asked completely confused.

“You always ask me about how it is to be blind so I figured that I’d let you try it yourself” Min said.

I tried to grab for Min but my hands hit nothing but empty air. I chuckled a little of my own clumsiness.

“Where are you?” I asked and tried to find Min. I suddenly was on the ground as I walked right into a bench and fell over it.

“Auch!” I complained and rubbed my . Min laughed. “Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to make Onew condition blind. You’ll probably break a leg by the end of the day” Min giggled and helped me up.

I stood up a bit embarrassed. “Not that I don’t like the idea but how are we going to walk around today when none of us can see?” I asked her and imagined us tumble around in the city.

“That’s why I brought my blind friends dog” Min said. A little barf came from the ground. “There’s a dog here?!” I asked and wondered why I didn’t notice it when I could see.

“Yep, it just came” Min smiled and I heard her talk sugar talk with the dog.

“Where are we going?” I asked her as she grabbed for my hand and started walking.

“I'm going to let you experience music in another way that you are used to. Even though you’re probably way more experienced with music than me I think seeing people miss something when they hear music. Music nowadays is mostly about performance and appearance than the actual voice. Not that I’m saying that artists can’t sing I just think that there’s something more to music that most people know about” Min explained.

“Oh.” I wasn’t sure what to answer when she said so smart things. My brain could never compete with hers.

I focused on walking without tripping. It was really difficult and I had already tripped 5 times. Every time Min catched me as if she somehow could tense very time I lost balance.

Min stopped and unwrapped the scarf around my head. The bright light hit my eyes and I squinted them together.

“Why are you taking it off?” I asked.

“You’re going to wear it again soon I just need you to help us get in so we won’t walk into the door” Min said and parked the dog outside the building.

I looked up and we stood in front of a little building. On the outside there were a sign there said “Music is blind”. I opened the door for Min and she entered. Inside there were placed a couple of chairs and a table.

“Annyeong” Min greeted the small amount of people there were placed in the room. As the men heard Min’s voice the stood up. “Oh our dearest Min you’re here again. Who is the person next to you?” A man asked.

“That’s my boyfriend Jinki” Min said. A warm spread in my body as she used the word boyfriend.

“Is he blind?” The man asked. Wondering over the odd question I took an extra look on the men when I noticed something. They were all blind just as Min.

“Um… No. But I sort of hoped he could get in anyway. I promise he won’t see anything under the performance” Min assured them.

“Okay then. Just this once since you’re such a nice girl” The man accepted and led us through a door.

The other room was way bigger and there were a lot of chairs placed in front of a scene. The chairs were filled up by lots of people. All of them were blind.

“What is this place?” I asked kind of scared. It seemed like some sort of cult by the blind people. Maybe Min would announce that her real name was Edward and she lusted after my blood.

“This is a concert held by The Blind Date. They are a blind duo. I promise you when the music starts to play you will get an exceptional experience” Min explained.

She covered my eyes again and let us to two seats. We sat down and waited for a while. Finally a girl started talking.

“Welcome to our concert once again. I see we have a non-blind between the audiences today. I hope you’ll enjoy our music” A female voice said.

Without thinking I just nodded. The piano started playing and soon a guitar up. The female voice began singing a humming sound. A male voice began singing too. But for some odd reason they did not sing real words only “Ah’s” and not existing words. And for another odd reason it was the most fantastic song I ever heard in my life.

The chords from the piano matched perfectly with the strings from the guitar. Their voice filled out the empty spaces in the music and created a perfect harmony. I completely forgot where I was and my brain just turned off. My thoughts drifted away with the music.

This was amazing. Even though no words were sung I could feel the pain in their words. I could feel the love they wanted to express and I could fell when they wanted to cry. I had never heard something like this in my life. My band, SNSD, TVXQ, Beast and all the other K-pop bands could and never compete with this. I believe that only blind people who have another sight at world can make wonders like this. This was true music.

“Onew?” Min’s voice asked me. My thoughts came back on earth again when I to my disappointment didn’t hear any more music.

“Did you like it?” Min asked me and took off my scarf. How was I even going to answer that question?

“Min? Please let me introduce you to my band mates tomorrow. I can’t imagine my two favorite things in the world not to meet” I suggested answering her question in an indirect way.

A huge smile spread upon Min’s face. “Am I your favorite thing?” Min asked me with a tiny voice there were on the edge to crack over in happiness.

I smiled. “Is that a yes?”

“I need to help Taemin drink that banana milk anyway” She muttered and then I kissed her perfect lips.

_________________________________________

It kind of make me sad that almost no one comments… (HUGE thank you to the few that does). It doesn’t have to be long or even positive. A smiley will do. Like this B-). Anyways even though you don’t comment it still makes me really happy that you spent your time on my story. Thank you! <3