Luna my new bestie

At first sight

 

Luna and I arrived at a little café. Luna ordered two cups of Cafe Late. She smiled a soft satisfied smile when she sniffed the smell of coffee, when the two cups arrived.

After Luna was done with her little coffee moment, she looked up at me. “So. Why doesn’t Onew know about this?” She asked me.

After an endless discussion with myself, I decided that Luna was being nice and honest. Everyone can make mistakes and it was kind of unfair of me to judge her on the letters. After seeing her true side, she was way too sweet to do something like that.

So I spoke the truth. “You know, from Onew and my first meet I’ve seen so weak and vulnerable. It’s always been Onew saving me, Onew comforting me, Onew defending me. Never has it been me standing up for him. I don’t want to give him another reason to think I can’t do anything by myself”, I completely honest told her.

Luna looked at me for a second. “So you want to prove to him that you can deal with this yourself?” Luna asked me.

I nodded, relieved that somebody understood me. Hae-Won bugged me day and night about telling Onew about it. She had become very fond of Onew lately.

“I don’t want him to worry”, I said when I tasted the coffee.

Luna examined me for a moment. Then she nodded out of nowhere. “Surprisingly I actually understand you”, Luna finally said.

“When I was with Onew, I kind of felt like that too. Every time the fans started to get suspicious it was always him that dealt with it. I’m starting to think that what you’re doing is right”, Luna said.

I raised my brows. “So, you’re telling me not to tell Onew?” I asked her.

Luna shrugged her shoulders. “Your choice. I’m just saying that I understand the decision that you made. It’s actually not that bad”, she said.

She suddenly looked me in the eyes. “Shin, I just want you to know that… No matter what, I will support you. I feel like I owe you something and supporting you is the least thing I can do. You can tell me anything, okay?”

A smile spread upon my face. Luna was my first real girl friend, besides Hae-Won but she didn’t really count. Luna was so sweet and said all the right things. It really meant a lot to know someone would be there for you.

“Thank you, Luna unnie. Can I call you that?” I asked her. Luna smiled and nodded. “Of course you can”, she smiled.

She placed her empty coffee cup on the table. “To be honest Min. You are way more awesome that I thought you would be. When I first showed up today I thought: ‘just get this over with’. But actually I would really like to hang more out with you, Min”, Luna told me.

“Friends?” she asked me and held her pinky forward. I giggled and grabbed her pinky with mine. “Friends. Pinky promise”, I said.

“Hey are you free tonight?” Luna asked me. I nodded my head. “Well there’s this movie that no one from F(x) wants to watch with me. Maybe we could invite some from Shinee and then watch it together?” Luna suggested.

I nodded and smiled with excitement. This would be my first time in the cinema where I actually would be able to see the movie, not just hear it.

Luna called up Shinee from her phone. After some talking she hung up. “Well it seems that only Taemin is free, but that’s okay right?” she asked.

“Yeah…” I mumbled. Ever since Onew and I made up, Taemin and I had been a little awkward. But I guess the only way to change that was to hang out with him again.

 

Luna, Taemin and I came laughing out from the cinema. The movie had been really fun and we had a blast. Taemin and I didn’t feel any awkwardness at all. It was almost like the old days.

Luna went to the toilet and Taemin and I waited on the outside. Taemin turned to me. “Look Min, I never really got a chance to say this but I’m really sorry for being so sullen lately. I don’t know what got into me”, he apologized.

I smiled. It seemed that most of my problems disappeared today. “It is okay, Taemin. Everybody has a bad period right?”

Taemin nodded and smiled. “You’re always so sweet, Min”, he said and looked at me in a very uncomfortable way.

“Um… Thanks?” Taemin took and step nearer to me and grabbed my hand. In an instant, I pulled my hand away.

Taemin looked hurt. “I can’t hold your hand?” He asked.

All this time, I had this small feeling that Taemin might be chorusing on me. He always looked at me a little too long, he smiled at me too often and he got moody when I went back together with Onew. Maybe I was just being silly but I couldn’t help but feeling that.

“Yes you can, it’s just… It might mean something else to you that it does to me”, I mumbled ashamed over myself and looked away.

“Are you saying I’m in love with you?” Taemin asked me.

I hurriedly shook my head. “N-no I’m-“

Taemin ignored me. “What if I am, Min? What if I’m crazy about you?” He asked me.