Finding a gift

At first sight

 

I was walking down the street at the town market to find a gift to Taemin. I kind of promised him it as an excuse for having a sudden bulge on my stomach. I thought it would be easy to find a gift for him but I ended up being really unsure on what to buy him. A videogame was too small to have made such a big bulge under my shirt. Same was candy. He would love to have something to prank Jonghyun with, but most prank stuff was small too. I searched every market stand but to no matter.

I let out a deep sigh and continued to search. Why did it have to be Taemin I had to buy a gift for? The other ones were easy: Minho would just like a basketball or something, Jonghyun something erted and to Key I could just find something pink. But Taemin was difficult.

“Why do you keep on sighing?” A familiar voice asked me. I turned my head. “Hi Min” I greeted her. She made a small wave with her hand. “So, what’s the reason for not smiling?” She asked me.  

“Remember that gift I promised Taemin?”

Min nodded.

“Well he keep on begging and gets more and more impatient. I just can’t find him an appropriate gift” I sighed one more time.

Min let out a little giggle. “Why are you laughing of my serious problems?”

“First: If that’s your life’s huge misery you really live an easy life. Second: You need to stop sighing, you sound like a tired old man who just discovered that he run out of beer. Third: I think I can help you” Min explained.

“Really?” I said and brightened up.

Min nodded. “Does he have a thing that he is crazy about?” She asked.

“Duh. I have thought about that. He only likes dancing and I can’t use that information to something” I sighed.

“Hm…” Min mumbled and thought. Then she walked up to a girl beside her.

“Excuse me, miss?” Min politely said.  The girl turned around and smiled. “Yes?”

“Are you a fan of Shinee’s Taemin?” She asked the girl.

What on earth was she doing. I don’t think Taemin will accept a living girl as a gift. Once again I wished it was Jonghyun who needed a gift…

The girl looked a bit puzzled but answered her question. “Not a big fan but I like Shinee. But I have a friend who is blabbering about him nonstop” She smiled.

“Really? What does she say?” I didn’t understand what she was doing. What did she needed that information for?

“Well, of course she spends half of her time talking about how cute and handsome he is. Then she also talks about how much they have in common. They evidently both like music and banana milk” She said.

“Wait a sec, banana milk?” Min asked. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Where was she going with this?

“Yes. Everybody knows that Taemin loves banana milk very much” ¨

Min bowed. “Thank you for your help” The she turned to me. “I think I got the perfect gift.”

“We just buy him a box full of banana milk. He would love that” She smiled.

“Taemin does like banana milk…” I wondered.

Min grabbed my arm and pulled me after her. She stopped in front of a stand with dairy products. I didn’t even need to ask her how she could now where to stop. She could probably smell it.

“Buy a bunch of banana milk for him” Min asked me.

I did as told and brought 50 cannes of banana milk.

“Sir, can you make it to a gift?” Min asked the man in the shop. “Eh… I guess so but why on earth do you want you milk wrapped up?”

“We need it for a gift for friend” Min said. The man and her started to small talk about milk while he wrapped up the huge amount of banana  milk.

“Here you go” The man said and handed us the big gift. “Thank you sir” Min said and bowed.

“I think Taemin is going to like this. Thank you for your help” I smiled. Min smiled. “You’re welcome”

We got interrupted by a woman who stormed to us.

“Min! Where on earth have you been?!” The woman scolded her and shook her arm. The lady looked like she was in her late twenties. She had her black her tied up in a tight ponytail and wore formal clothes. She didn’t look nice at all.

“Sorry. I just needed to help a friend. It’s really no big deal” Min apologized. “No big deal? Do you know how long I’ve searched for you? I totally panicked. You could have been hurt or kidnapped or even worse!” The lady kept on shooking Min. “S-sorry” Min mumbled.

“Excuse me. I think she gets it now” I interrupted. I really didn’t like the way the lady treated Min. The lady turned to me.

“Who are you?” She asked very cold and rude. I gave her my biggest smile to try to melt her heart up a bit. “I’m Jinki. And you are?”

As the lady didn’t answer me and just gave me a cold stare Min broke the silence. “This is my sister, Hae-Won. She looks up for me” Min explained. I nodded.

“Listen, Jinki” Hae-Won sneered my name. “Stay away from my sister. She doesn’t need someone like you, okay?”

“Wonnnie please” Min begged her. Hae-Won hushed her. “Stay out of this. Keep out of her life, okay?” She asked.

“Y-yes noona” I stuttered suddenly afraid of the scaring lady. Hae-Won frowned when I called her noona. “Don’t call me that”

“S-sorry”

Hae-Won snorted. “What are you? A little innocent girl?”

“N-no ma’am” Damn it Onew! Pull yourself together.

“Listen, just stay out of our way okay?” She turned to Min. “You won’t be seeing this guy anymore, so say goodbye”

Min gave me a sad smile. “Goodbye Onew. I’m sorry”

Then Hae-Won and Min left. Hae-Won pulled Min afterher.

I sighed. It seemed like all the world were against us.

……………………………………………………………………………………………..

Taemin jumped into my arms as he opened the gift.

“Hyyyuuung! You’re the best! Thank you” Taemin shouted.

“You’re welcome Taemin” I smiled.

My phone vibrated and I read the text message:

“Hi Onew. It’s me Min. I’m sorry about my sister. Can you meet tonight at the city tower?”

______________________________________________________________________

I’m so sorry I haven’t been updating for a while. We had this party in my family so  I was very busy the last days. Anyways I hope you enjoy the chapter. Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! <3