We Are Different

My Tutor Changes My Life

Annyeong

I just realize that there is something wrong with previous chapter, I wrote ‘you’ that I should write it ‘she’. So sorry… Mix-matched with other fanfic.. forgive my carelessness. ><

****************************************

 

It had been 20 minutes since Changmin gave Min Hee an exercise.

“Are you finished?” he asked her while putting his IPod on the table.

Min Hee rubbed her head sheepishly.

“Don’t say that it’s not done yet.” He assumed as looked at Min Hee’s paper, “Yah, it was already 20 minutes but you didn’t answer it at all?” He looked at her in horror.

“It’s really easy, Min Hee. How can’t you answer it?”

“It’s really difficult you know.” She mumbled afraid if she would get scolded from her tutor.

Changmin sighed hard and grabbed her pencil, “Look at this question, as you see, x4- 2x2 +1 –x2, just ignore x2 first, and then make x4- 2x2 +1 in  quadrant, so it will be (x2 + 1)2, so the result is (x2 + 1)2 – x2

Min Hee only looked at him blankly, she didn’t understand at all. How could she understand when she didn’t study nowadays?

“Do you get it?”

“Uh, I guess.”

“You guess? Yah!”

“Yes, I get it.”

‘Aish, why does Mr.Shim ask him to be my tutor? Can he get the tutor that was more kind than him?’she though.

“What’s your lesson tomorrow?” he asked her.

Min Hee was only silent. Actually her lessons tomorrow were algebra, English, Korean and history.

“Korean.” She answered him confidently.

“So the teacher is my father right?” Min Hee nodded as took out her Korean literature.

They two studied the Korean as Min Hee yawned several times. She was really tired because she didn’t take a rest that day.

The wall clock was ringing ten times, it was already 10 pm.

“It’s already night, you should go home. Go back here tomorrow at the same time.”

“Ah, okay thank you, sonsaengnim.” She bowed deeply and run to the door happily.

“Just call me Changmin.”

“Ah, ne. Changmin-ssi.”

****************************************

Like yesterday, Min Hee came to Shim’s house to study.

“Annyeonghaseyo, sonsaengnim.”

“Oh, Min Hee-ya, you already come.” Mr.Shim greeted her and called his son to go down stair.

“Min Hee, I already have your lesson schedule, so I can prepare what you will study. And here, the books that you have to read.” Changmin explained and slammed ten books in front of Min Hee.

Min Hee looked at it in shock, the books were extremely thick and after opening the books, as you guess, the font size was small, it was like English dictionary that she couldn’t understand the words.

“Changmin-ssi, are you sure that I have to read all of this?” Min Hee stuttered.

“Of course, actually there are many other books, but these are the basic of your lessons.”

‘My Lord, how can it be possible for me?’she screamed in her mind crazily.

“Which one the university you want to study?” he asked her.

“I don’t know.”

“What?”

“I never think of it yet, after this may be I work, I can get money as much as I want.” She smiled imagining it.

“Are you this simple? Don’t you want to be university student like your friends?” Changmin widened his eyes, in this 21 century he still found this kind of girl, in fact there were many girls who wanted to study in university, and two reasons behind of it, first it was because they really wanted to study and second they still wanted to spend her time without struggling to earn money, they could get it from their parents. And aside of it, there were two reasons they didn’t want to study in university, first it was because their parents didn’t have much money and second was they were not clever enough.

“As my appa said, your parents police and staff in office right? So I think they can financed you till graduate from university.”

“Actually yes, but I’m not as smart as you, Changmin-ssi.” She said calmly.

“I’m not sure if my brain still works or not to think more hard and difficult than this.”

“You never try.”

“As much as I try, it won’t work, I prefer to get a job.”

“If you graduate from university, you can get better job than now. You can be doctor, prosecutor, lawyer, CEO, or others, not only work in coffee shop like now.”

“But I am happy with this. I am happy to serve my customers, make a cup of coffee.”

“You must think in realistic. Don’t you think that your parents want you to be better than them? So you can live better. I am sure that your parents don’t want you to put aside your school.”

“You talk too much, Changmin-ssi.” She grunted infuriatingly.

“We are different, you always concern your future in that way, and I don’t. I have other way.” She said annoyingly.

 

****************************************

May 2nd, 2012

to be continued