A try wouldn't hurt, right?

Forget-me-not?

 

This is the last week.

The last week with him is a happy one for me, at least. I told Mrs. Kim that I will try to make Jaejoong remember me. So the plan is: bring him to the places where we created our memories together. What. It is worth trying for, isn’t it? If he doesn’t remember me, then . . . ugh. I’ll just enjoy these days of being with him, okay?

We went to a yacht port where he brought me during our first year of relationship. He said that place is familiar with him. “I think I brought Seohyun with me here before,” he told me his thoughts. But that girl is me oppa.

I also ate dinner with him at our favorite restaurant as a couple. I ordered the same food we order every time we eat here. “This is my favorite! How did you know? I thought only Seohyun knew,” he exclaimed when the food was served on our tables. But I used to be the only one who knew them oppa.

Lotte World. We loved to go here on our dates before. Remember how we went here before when I was about to break up with him? It feels the same today too. It hurts. “I remember riding those rides with Seohyun on our date,” he replied when I asked him if he remembers anything. But I was the one who rode those rides with you oppa.

I also met Seohyun during one of those days this week. No wonder he fell in love with her the moment he woke up in the hospital. She’s more beautiful in real life than in photos. She’s angelic and pure. She’s a good talker too and very well-mannered. Though her face showed a little hint of surprise when she met me. Does she know who I am? But the surprised look faltered and changed with a happy face again. So the thought of her knowing me was just shrugged off.

This is hopeless.

I sighed as I threw my bag onto my bed. All he remembered is Seohyun. Dates with her, eating with her, going with her to here and there. Where’s Lee Mi Yeo there huh?

Maybe fate is telling me that I need to let you go. Yah, why am I saying this like it is easy huh. But what’s easier? Leaving you behind like this or staying to see you happy with her? I’ll bet on first choice -

My phone rang, cutting my trail of thoughts. I looked at the caller ID and saw ‘Jae oppa’. I’m going to change his name here to Kim Jaejoong in the near future okay.

“Yoboseyo? Mi Yeo-ssi?”

“Why did you call? It is your last day as a free man yet you still have time to call me?”

He laughed. “Yeah, since it is my last day, I want to celebrate it with my best friend.”

“Yah~ is this ‘I’m-getting-married-tomorrow-so-enjoy-today’ sickness?”

“Something like that. Bother to meet me now at the park near Lotte World?”

“But -“ I a little bit.

“What? My best friend is busy on the day before my wedding?”

“Just kidding, Jae.” It’s been time since I called him that. “I’ll be there.”

 

Even if it hurts, I’ll be there for you Jaejoong. Because as your ‘best friend’, that’s all I can do for you.