Who are you?

Forget-me-not?

 

I enjoy every moment I have with Seohyun, and the lunch with her earlier is included. We ate at a restaurant near my company and talked about things and stuffs. I also mentioned to her the visit of that Mi Yeo-ssi in my office yesterday. I don’t know why but her eyes grew big and froze for a moment. I told her to not worry because I found out that Mi Yeo is just my best friend. I smiled at her and she hesitantly smiled back. Why is this Lee Mi Yeo affecting everyone around me huh? We talked more and after eating, I accompanied her to the company she’s working for.

When I got home, I was surprised to see Mi Yeo in our house. She’s close to my family? “Where were you?” my dad asked. I was about to answer when my mom butted in, “Isn’t it obvious? He visited that ‘girl again.” I can sense anger when she said the word ‘girl. “She has a name, mom. She’s Seohyun,” I answered back. “I don’t care if she has a name or not, Kim Jaejoong. But I’m saying this to you, this marriage isn’t right,” my mom quickly replied back. Ugh, here we go again. “We’re not arguing about this again -“ I was cut off by my mother. “How could we not argue about this, Jaejoong? We’re talking about your marriage here. You don’t really remember, do you? This girl here, Lee Mi Yeo, is your -“ Okay, I’m sick of this so -

“Friend, mom. Best friend. We already met each other yesterday, she hasn’t told you yet?” I told her to clear the situation. “Best friend? Argh Kim Jaejoong how could you -“ my mom tried to talk but I made up my mind.

“I’m marrying Seohyun mom and that’s final. What’s wrong with marrying someone I love, mom? What’s wrong with loving someone who’s been there at my side, especially during recovery? How could you go against it when Mi Yeo, my best friend, is not?” I asked my mom those questions that don’t really need answers.

Mother looked at Mi Yeo-ssi; no, more like glare at her. Maybe Mi Yeo understood whatever that look means so she just nodded her head. Mom looked back at me. I immediately went out of our house, thinking that my mom will reprimand me again about Seohyun. My mind is full of questions. Why is my mother like that to Seohyun huh? And why do I always see sadness and pain whenever I look at Mi Yeo’s eyes? I don’t know why but it also hurt me seeing her like that.

 

Tell me, who are you Mi Yeo-ssi? Really, who are you?