A happy visit . . . not.

Forget-me-not?

 

“Ugh! Why is this happening to our Jaejoong-ah? I’m sorry Mi Yeo-ssi for all the inconvenience and pain that you are suffering now. But really, why is our Jaejoong like that? He saw you, didn’t he? But why did he not remember you and your relationship? Ugh, I’m going crazy,” Mrs. Kim, Jaejoong’s mom, ‘welcomed’ me when I went to their residence the next day. I sipped my cup of coffee and tried to compose myself and remembered to not break down in front of them. I smiled sadly. “Ugh, really. Why are you even smiling, Mi Yeo-ssi?” Mrs. Kim commented. “She’s smiling but she’s hurt, can’t you even see?” Mr. Kim butted in. I bowed my head slightly and breathed deeply when -

“I’m home. Oh, why are you here, Mi Yeo-ssi?” Jaejoong appeared in the living room. “Where were you?” Mr. Kim asked while still reading today’s newspaper. “Isn’t it obvious? He visited that ‘girl’ again,” Mrs. Kim said the word ‘girl’ while rolling her eyes. “She has a name, mom. She’s Seohyun,” Jaejoong replied coldly. Since when did he learned to answer back huh?

“I don’t care if she has a name or not, Kim Jaejoong. But I’m saying this to you, this marriage isn’t right,” his mom quickly talked back. “We’re not arguing about this again -“ Jaejoong was cut off by Mrs. Kim. “How could we not argue about this, Jaejoong? We’re talking about your marriage here. You don’t really remember, do you? This girl here, Lee Mi Yeo, is your -“ “Friend, mom. Best friend. We already met each other yesterday, she hasn’t told you yet?” “Best friend? Argh Kim Jaejoong how could you -“

“I’m marrying Seohyun mom and that’s final.”

Please don’t.

“What’s wrong with marrying someone I love, mom?”

It’s because she’s not the one you’re supposed to get married to.

“What’s wrong with loving someone who’s been there at my side, especially during recovery?”

Tung~ A guilty feeling struck my heart.

“How could you go against it when Mi Yeo, my best friend, is not?”

Mrs. Kim shot me a look. A look that will stab daggers on your skin. A why-are-you-agreeing look. I just nodded to deliver that what Jaejoong’s saying is all true. I’m supporting my fiancé’s marriage to another girl. Mrs. Kim looked back at Jaejoong but when she was about to say something, Jaejoong stormed out of their house. Mr. Kim was just quiet the whole time. Mrs. Kim was standing still and dumbfounded.

After a few minutes of indulging what just happened, Mrs. Kim stared at me again. “You introduced yourself as his ‘best friend’?” she asked me. I nodded again. “W-why?” another question she asked. Hmm, come to think of it, why did I introduce myself as his best friend at the first place? Maybe because I saw him smile at the thought of marrying Seohyun? But why didn’t I fight for us?

I looked at Mrs. Kim’s face with tears already building up in my eyes. I smiled again, sadly smiled. “What is wrong with all of you now? I’m really going crazy because of you and Jaejoong,” she said while holding the back of her neck. “Just let them fix their own problems. They’re kids,” Mr. Kim finally spoke. Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes at her husband then went up to their room.

When she was gone, I looked at Mr. Kim and mouthed ‘I’m sorry’. He nodded and beamed a calming smile.