Departure.

Forget-me-not?

 

I hadn’t thought that this day would come.

I loaded my luggage into the trunk of my car. I already said my goodbyes to the maid too and reminded them of what to do while I’m away. I’m not going back anyway. After checking the house, I went into the car and told my driver to go to the airport immediately. No reason to hurry, I just want to be out of this country as soon as possible.

“This is it. I’m already leaving. Last week I just welcomed myself here but now -“ I said to myself while standing in front of the departure gate.

I’m turning my back to everyone who believed in us, Jaejoong. Even to you, whom I thought would fight to remember me. I’m leaving because I’m pretty selfish, aren’t I? I don’t know what to do when you told me that you’re already getting married - with another girl. I don’t know if I should insist that I’m your fiancé or just let destiny tell us what to do. I chose the second one and ta-da, this is the result: I’m going back to London with no intentions of returning just to see you happy with her. I mean, I want you to be happy - but with me. Call me selfish, but isn’t that how it is supposed to be if that car accident didn’t happen? Tsk. It is fate that is against us, isn’t it?

All I want to say now is, goodbye Kim Jaejoong. I still love you even if you don’t remember how we used to be before. I still love you even if you love Seohyun. And I’ll still love you even if you get married to her and have your own family. I wonder how you will introduce me to your children. Will you introduce me as your best friend like I did for myself? Or maybe sometime or later you’ll remember me and introduce me as the one who’s supposed to be their mom? Nah, impossible. But please, introduce me well. I might not be there to see them grow up or to see you prosper, but please, don’t forget me anymore. Even if you just remember me as your best friend, it is fine with me. As long as I stay in your memory and if fortunate, own a place in your heart too. Thank you for everything. Thank you for making me feel that I’m the luckiest girl on earth to had you. Thank you for saving me back then from Jessica. Thank you for making me smile each day. Thank you for giving me that engagement ring even if you couldn’t hold up to that promise. At least I felt the most important girl for you - even just for once. I’m sorry too if I didn’t fight for us. But remember, I’ll always be your best friend, even if being a best friend is all the best I can be. I love you Kim Jaejoong.

I sighed. I picked up my luggage and prepared myself to leave Korea. I looked back once again, just checking if someone will be running to go after me and tell me that he remembered me. But none, all I see is busy people walking with their stuffs in their hands. Pabo, what am I thinking? That Jaejoong will be running behind me and tell me that he’s sorry for forgetting me? Psh. I sighed and bowed my head then head out for the departure gate.

 

It’s for the better, Mi Yeo-ssi.