Wear that back.

Forget-me-not?

 

No. No. No no no no. I’m not going to let this happen.

 

I ran immediately and fast towards her and grabbed her shoulder to turn her around so she’s facing me. Her eyes grew big and tears started forming in her eyes again. Don’t cry; I’m here already. I hugged her - very tight like she’s going to disappear at any moment. She froze under my hug and she dropped her luggage to the ground. I can feel her tears wet my supposed to be suit for the wedding. I broke the hug and cupped her face with my hands. I miss this. She stared at me with questions in her eyes. “W-why are you h-here? A-aren’t y-you supposed to be -“ she tried asking but I cut her off when I kissed her lips. She closed her eyes. I did too, cherishing this moment. More tears fell from her eyes. When our lips parted, she bowed her head and cried more. I cupped her cheeks again and made her look at me again. I don’t know where to start.

“Look at me, Lee Mi Yeo. Why didn’t you tell me that you’re my fiancé huh?” I pretended that I’m scolding her. Tears continued falling from her eyes. “Why didn’t you make me remember you and just smiled sadly in a corner? Why didn’t you yell at me and tell me that I forgot you? And most of all, why didn’t you go against my marriage with another girl and just easily let me go huh?” I continued. Her face showed how surprised she is. “Y-you . . . remembered?” she managed to ask. I just smiled at her. She started punching my chest - like how she did when we were just kids - and cried more. “Y-you! You know what? You’re stupid huh. Do you think I’ll believe that you remembered everything now? W-what are you -“ she can’t finish her sentence as I blocked her left hand and wore back the engagement ring she gave up yesterday. “Why did you just give back this ring yesterday? What are you thinking, Lee Mi Yeo? Are you out of your mind or something?” I told her as soon as I finished putting back the ring. She didn’t say anything and just smiled and laughed while crying - like she’s really out of her mind. “I promised, remember?” I reminded her. I looked at her wrist and saw that she’s still wearing the bracelet I gave her years ago. “Oh look, I have the same one too,” I tried acting innocently as I showed her my wrist. She laughed and hugged me. I hugged her back, reassuring that I’m here to catch her again.

We stayed like that for a moment until I broke the hug again. I turned my back to her and knelt. “Get on my back. I’ll give you a ride,” I told her. She giggled again. “What are we, kids?” she asked. “What. Just get on, okay?” I replied. She smiled and got on my back. I stood up and secured her comfortable then picked up her luggage then walked towards the exit door.