With her.

Forget-me-not?

 

This is the last week before my wedding, and I’m kind of ‘lucky’ to spend it with my best friend.

 

I don’t know if she just misses me or whatever, but Mi Yeo’s been asking me to go to wherever with her. I think it is just a best friend ‘thing’ before seeing me getting married to Seohyun. Nevertheless, I do not regret spending the last week of my freedom with her.

No wonder she’s my best friend. She knows where I like to go, like when we went to the yacht port which is somewhat familiar to me. A memory flashes in my mind again: I’m with a girl and I greeted her ‘Happy 1st Anniversary’ then we rode on a yacht here. And again, I tried to put Seohyun in place of that girl, but it really doesn’t fit. Why?

We also ate dinner at my favorite restaurant. I don’t know but this place seems important to me, like it is holding a sentimental value that even my heart can’t let go. Surprisingly, she ordered my favorite food. A memory came back again: I’m eating with the same girl here in this restaurant and we are eating the same food Mi Yeo ordered. I tried to think of Seohyun again but to no avail. She doesn’t really fit that image of the girl in my memory.

She also brought me to Lotte World. Like a ‘de ja-vu’, I sort of remember going here with the same girl and riding those rides with her. Somewhat this place brings a sad feeling to me too, like something happened here before. But pity me; I can’t remember what happened here with that girl.

I let Seohyun meet Mi Yeo too. Nothing went wrong, except that Seohyun acted weird around Mi Yeo. Why is she awkward with her? Jealousy? After meeting Mi Yeo, I cleared to Seohyun that Mi Yeo is just my best friend and that’s all. I told her everything that we did this week and even the place we went to. All she does is nod, unlike Mi Yeo.

Mi Yeo listens well to my stories and even reacts to them. I don’t know but I enjoy her presence more than I enjoy Seohyun’s. Mi Yeo somewhat owns a special place in my heart. The time I spent with her, it felt like she really knows me - everything about me. I feel comfortable around her and I’m myself whenever I’m with her - a thing I can’t do when I’m with Seohyun. I feel sorry for Mi Yeo though, forgetting her after the accident. I always see her smile, but deep inside I know that she really feels sad. Did something happen to her? I wish I know.