Leaving and giving back.

Forget-me-not?

 

Before the day of my wedding, I asked Mi Yeo to meet me at the park near Lotte World. It’s just feels like I need to see her before my wedding with Seohyun. She agreed and after a few minutes, she arrived. I patted the space beside me so she would know that she can sit beside me. I sensed that she sat down beside me even though I close my eyes and tilted my head back.

“Mi Yeo-ssi, tell me honestly: why are they all against this marriage while you are okay with it?” I started a conversation. I don’t know but I’m hoping that she’s not really okay with it.“Honestly, I’m not with you and your marriage at first. I’m sorry for that,” she started, “but lately, after I met your fiancé, I understood why you are like this; fighting for her, fighting for your relationship, fighting for your marriage. And as a best friend, I’m happy that you’re doing that for her. I-I don’t know but as a best friend, I’m giving you to her,” those last words stung my heart. It brought pain and I’m hurt. I was hoping that you’re going to disagree with my marriage and keep me and protect me. But what, you’re giving me to Seohyun? You want me to be with her?

I opened my eyes and looked at her and smiled, hiding the disappointment I’m feeling. I tried to , “Yah~ you sounded like a mother giving away her child.” She smiled back at me but I can still the pain in the tears forming in her eyes. Why does it hurt me so much when she looks like that?

Why am I feeling like this? Why does it feel like I doubt my love to Seohyun? Why am I scared of the wedding tomorrow?I asked her again, hoping to answer all the questions in my mind, “Tell me, is it wrong to marry someone you love?” She looked away again. That’s not the kind of response I’m looking for, Mi Yeo-ah. After some time, she looked at me again and answered, “No, it isn’t wrong. It isn’t wrong marrying someone whom you want to be with forever. It isn’t wrong marrying someone who’s been there for you through though times. It isn’t wrong because she is someone whom you love, whom you want to protect.” I felt sad when she said that. Why are there tears forming in your eyes, Mi Yeo-ah?

“Did you happen to feel that for someone? Do you love someone right now?” I asked her because the way she answers my questions feels like she loved someone before. She let out a little laugh. “I do. He’s perfect. He’s everything. Nothing goes against our relationship. I thought nothing would go wrong. But I was mistaken. Now, he can’t remember me and even how we used to be in the past. He forgot that I’m the girl he fought for, the girl he said he’s never gonna forget. I can’t do anything right now but to let him go. I’m a fool, right?” she answered. There’s someone in her heart? Oh.

“Yeah, you’re a fool. Why don’t you fight for him huh?” I replied back. “I did everything to make him remember me as his love, but fate is telling me that I’m not the one for him,” she smiled, even though her tears wouldn’t stop. “Can I ask a favor?” she said as she looked away from me again. I asked her if what her favor to me is. She looked at her hand and slowly took off something from her finger. She reached out a ring towards me, a familiar ring. “W-what’s this?” was all that I can say. “I-It’s a ring given by that guy whom I love. Until he doesn’t come back to me, p-please take care of it,” she told me. I took a good look at the ring and examined it. Why is this ring so familiar?

I told her that I will take care of it. No, it’s more like of a promise that I’ll take care of it. I asked her if she’s going to the wedding tomorrow, but she said that she’s not. I can’t hide my disappointment as I asker her why. She explained everything: that it’s about business and that she’s going back to London. Leaving on the day of my wedding.

 

Why do I feel sad when she said she’s going to London?

I told her that I understand and that Yunho prepared a party for me at a bar. I feel sorry though; I can’t drive her back home. I just promised that I’ll make it next time. She wished me luck for my shout, “Jaejoong oppa, I love you!” I didn’t react immediately, as I’m surprised. Nah~ she’s just saying that as friends. I looked back but she was walking away from me.

 

It feels like I’m seeing her for the very last time.