What's wrong?

Forget-me-not?

 

Weird. The word that first popped up in my mind the moment I entered the building’s elevator. Employees here hesitantly greeted me in the lobby. They used to give me warm smiles as they acknowledge me as their boss’ fiancé. But now, they’re like whispering to each other before they bow to me. What’s wrong? Did my appearance changed that much? Did my features changed too?

The ‘ding~’ from the elevator cut off my deep thinking, declaring I’m on the 18th floor where Jaejoong’s office is located. I walked down a hallway first before turning left on the corner end. I was met by Jaejoong’s secretary, Ms. Hwang Hye Joon. Jaejoong doesn’t like changing stuffs in his office huh? She was on the phone when she saw me. I smiled at her but instead of smiling back, her eyes grew big and she became a little pale, as if she saw a ghost. I was a little bit taken aback, but I shrugged it off, not letting the smile on my face fall. I slightly bowed my head to show my respect then proceeded to Jaejoong’s office door. I can sense that her stare followed my figure, and when I was just reaching out for the door handle, she called my name and said, “S-sir Jaejoong is not in h-his office now. H-he’s having lunch w-with his -“ “Oh. It’s my fault in the first place, going here during lunch time and not even noting you that I’m going here. I’m sorry,” I said while smiling again. “S-sir Jaejoong is -“ she stuttered again, but I cut her off. “I can wait for him in his office, can’t I? I’m going to surprise him a little bit,” I giggled at the thought. She tried to say something but I already turned my back to welcome myself in Jaejoong’s office.

Still the same office: same layout, same wallpaper, and same aura. Even though I’ve been here several times before, this time it feels different. It felt like some things had changed. Maybe because Jaejoong isn’t here with me for the time being. I wandered around like it’s my first time coming here. I smiled at Jaejoong’s framed-photos on top of his office cabinet. I smiled at the Kim’s family portrait hanging on the wall. It’s been long since I went to his house. Maybe I’ll pay them a visit tomorrow. I slowly make my way towards Jaejoong’s desk. I can imagine him sitting on the chair and focusing on his papers. Handsome. Perfect. Jaejoong. I brushed my finger against the desk’s edge and smiled. I remember he has a picture of us on his table. Wait, where is that picture -

Just when I was about to pick up a familiar picture frame, the office’s door opened. I was surprised but then, I saw him there. Jaejoong’s standing there, looking directly at me, but something really feels different. That’s not important now; what’s important is that I saw him again finally after 4 months of being stuck in London.I smiled for the umpteenth time that day and run towards Jaejoong and hug him, tightly.

 

But what happened next surprises me the most.