The Telepath

The Leaf and the Legends

Sensing the two Legends coming closer to her, Mina kept her eyes in their direction, anxiously waiting to put a face to a voice. Seeing a figure follow closely behind Lay, Mina finally laid eyes upon the one known as the telepath. 

If fairies existed, Mina imagined that they wouldn't be as lovely as Luhan. The Legend's features could only be described as charmingly boyish, the girl imagined him a modern Peter Pan. And standing beside Lay, Luhan stood at the same height. Mina felt it unusual, his delicate features and small frame made him seem as though he should be shorter, but there he stood in front of her; looking down to meet her gaze. 

"So you're the one that received all my messages?" Luhan asked Mina.

Hearing his voice again, she realized how much it didn't match his looks. Just based off of his physical appearance, any person would expect a voice slightly higher and in that moment she decided that his looks were deceiving. 

"So you were the one in my head," she replied, still looking at the new Legend. "You... you gave me all those really bad headaches." 

"Headaches?" Luhan repeated, a confused look shifting on his face. 
 
"Ah, that's right," Yixing replied, thinking back to when he saw Mina struggle in pain with her hands on her head. 

"It took me awhile to figure it out, but as I began gaining control over my abilities, I was finally able to hear you."  

Visibly uncomfortable not knowing what the two were referring to, Luhan stepped forward and placed his right index and middle finger to the side of Mina's temple and closed his eyes. "Don't move." 

"Eh?" 

Taking only a few seconds, Luhan took his hand back and gave the girl an intrigued look before speaking. "So that's why it took you forever to come to the right place."

Lost at what had just happened, Mina looked toward Yixing. "What did he just do?"

"He just let himself into your mind," Lay replied.

"My what!?"

"I now have access to your mind," Luhan answered without moving his lips. 

"What!?" 

"Usually it takes me awhile to penetrate someone's mind due to complexity, but entering yours was pretty simple."

Taking in the telepath's words, Mina wasn't sure if she should feel insulted or not. She figured that he maybe used to more guarded and complex minds than her own, but felt the way in which he had said it was crass.

"Don't take it as an insult," Luhan said out loud. "I was just sharing my own observation." 

Dumbfounded at the display of his ability, Mina knew that being around Luhan would be problematic. 

Smiling as Mina finished her thought, Luhan moved to open his mouth to speak again, but was attacked without warning where he stood. Though the sudden attack felt as if someone had knocked out all the air out of him, there was undoubtedly no malice behind it. Only unbridled happiness via Tao.

Seeing and sensing the Legend, the time controller had uncontrollably embraced the telepath and now currently held him tightly. 

"Xiao Lu! It's you! You're okay!"

Coughing and trying to breathe, Luhan patted Tao on the back. "Zitao... you're cutting off my airway." 

Letting go at the telepath's mental words, Tao continued to smile brightly as the other Legends arrived on scene.

"Luhan! How did you just come out of nowhere?" Chen asked, a large grin planted on his face.

"He must have been suppressing his signature," Kyungsoo answered, also joining the welcoming party.  

Seeing all the Legends gathering together, Luhan smiled and replied, "I had to. The Red Force had already attacked me twice. I needed to evade it, less it get anything more out of me."    

"No wonder Mina didn't sense you for the longest time," Chanyeol commented. 

"But if you did that, then how did you ever expect us to find you?" Suho questioned sternly.  

"I tried contacting you all constantly. As soon as I was able, I called for you all. No one ever heard me."

"Except Mina right? She's the only one that heard you," Kris said, a smile on his face.

Feeling suddenly flustered by Kris's public admiration and doting gaze, the girl could only look down and awkwardly pat her hair down behind her ears. "Ah... well."

Pulling on the girl and wrapping his arms around her, Tao hugged Mina. "Don't be so modest. If you hadn't made us back track, we may have never found Xiao Lu." 

"No way another Legend was found," a girl's voice remarked, walking closer to the group. "No one's in perilous danger."

"Is it Luhan?" Daniel eagerly asked, moving past Lyn to see the new Legend. 

"Daniel and Lyn," Luhan said, seeing the final two members of the group. 

"You know me?" the boy asked, surprised. 

"I do. Yixing and Mina here, filled me in on everything." 

"We did?" Mina questioned softly, looking over at Lay. 

"I'll explain later," the healer replied quietly.  

"The telepath..." Lyn uttered, looking at the Legend, almost in a daze. "...How pretty..."

Snickering hearing Lyn call Luhan pretty, Chen's lips curled up in a smirk. "Right?" 

Nodding, Lyn looked over to Chen woefully. "He's prettier than me."

"He's prettier than the whole lot of us," Chanyeol added, smiling at Lyn's remark.

"I think you're pretty too," Chen said looking up at Chanyeol and patting him on the back.

"You do?" the phoenix asked, feigning flattery. 

"Well, it definitely seems like everyone is still the same," Luhan said aloud, a bit of vexation and relief in his voice. 

"Unfortunately," Suho responded, his hand resting on his forehead and his eyes shut.

- - - 

With everyone becoming reacquainted, Mina found Lay heading back to the motel room, and joined him. 

"So, about Luhan..." the girl began, matching the Legend's long strides, "When exactly did we fill him in on everything?"

"When I met up with him, I filled him in on everything I know. Luhan's able to see everything that has happened to someone by looking inside their memory."

"So he looked into my memory?" Mina anxiously asked.

"Don't be so concerned," Lay reassured. "Luhan may have taken a peek, but it was only because he was so intrigued by you."

"Intrigued by me?"

"Yes, and he's a bit more playful than he lets on. He was just showing off his abilities a bit."

"But... he can still read my mind right?"

"Surface thoughts yes, but again, he doesn't pry into the minds of others unless necessary. Luhan's very respectful of personal thoughts. Trust me." 

Feeling slightly relieved by Yixing's words, Mina sighed slightly, "Okay."  

"And you may have not noticed in the commotion...but he has a wound on his back." 

"He's hurt?"

"It's not fatal, but yes... And I want you to help me heal him." 

Stopping in her tracks, Mina's voice was barely audible as she replied to the healer's request. "But, wouldn't it be better if you did it alone?"

Still walking at a lethargic pace, Lay replied in his normal frank way, "Probably. But I want you to help." Taking a moment to look back at the girl he added on, "Plus, depending how well you do, it may help convince the others to teach you how to control their powers."  

Immediately capturing the girl's interest, she moved quickly to catch up to the Legend. "You really think so?"  

"Mmm."

"Well, if you think I can do it... Okay! I will do my best and show them what I can do with a little bit of coaching!" Feeling excited by the prospect of being able to help and being taught by the others, Mina followed Lay up the stairs and stopped in front of their respective doors. 

"Then, first thing in the morning. Luhan just needs some simple rest right now," Lay said opening his door. 

"Alright! Tomorrow!" Watching the healer enter his room, Mina smiled and went to open her own, but was stopped when a light hand touched her arm.

"Can I talk to you?" 

Feeling her heart jump at his words, Mina nodded and quietly followed the phoenix to a place on the opposite side of the motel, away from the others. 

Sitting on a small bench, while Chanyeol paced around mindlessly, Mina was unsure if she should break the silence between them or let Chanyeol do so first. 

"So..." the two uttered in unison. 

"Oh! Did you have something to say?" Chanyeol asked earnestly.

"Ah. well. Just, what was it you wanted to talk about?" Mina wondered out loud.   

"Right," Chanyeol replied in a sigh. "Mina, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have..." Mumbling and avoiding eye contact with the girl, Chanyeol kept rambling on. "The other day. I know Kris likes you and now I know you like him too, so I won't. I mean, Kris never likes anyone, so I-"

"Chanyeol?" Mina interrupted, not understanding what the Legend was saying. 

"Ah- Yes?"

"What are you talking about?"

No longer pacing about, the Legend took a deep breath and sat down beside the girl, but continued to avoid eye contact. "I was angry. Last night, seeing you two. I got angry. I never get angry."

Still sitting in her spot, Mina's hands began to nervously fidget about. "Oh."

"Yeah, but I'm not angry now," Chanyeol continued. "but I also don't like feeling this way either."

"I'm sorry," Mina said quietly.  

Looking over at the girl finally, the Legend began questioning her. "Sorry? For what part?"

"I'm... I-"

"Are you sorry you kissed him? Or sorry that I feel this way?"

"Eh?" Turning her head to look at Chanyeol, she saw that his gaze was sharp for a quick second before he turned away and placed his hand over his eyes. 

"There I go again. I'm sorry Mina. I don't like being this way, but it just keeps coming out of me." 

"I'm sorry. that I don't know what to do."

"Huh?" Chanyeol replied, looking back at the girl. 

"I- I really like you a lot."

"You do?" Seeing the girl nodding silently, a large and uncontrollable toothy grin, decorated Chanyeol's face. 

"But I also-"

Not letting the girl finish her sentence, Chanyeol lightly kissed Mina's cheek. "I like you a lot too." His own face turning a light shade of pink at his confession, the Legend couldn't stop smiling and shyly walked away, gleefully forgetting the reason he had called the girl out to talk in the first place. 

Seeing Chanyeol happily walk away, Mina put her hand up to her cheek as it warmed up and mumbled, "But... I also like Yi Fan." Sighing and getting up from her spot, Mina made her way back to her room. Hearing a light creaking noise as she moved to go up the stairs, the girl looked up and saw the very same Legend currently on her mind, sitting on the roof of the motel. 

"Yi Fan?"  

"What?" Kris questioned, looking at the girl with his arms crossed. 

"Why are you-?"

"You disappeared so I came to look for you," the dragon replied.   

"How long have you been there?"

"Since you apologized the first time," he answered honestly. 

"So... you heard?" Mina asked, nervously looking up at the Legend. 

"I did."

Feeling instantly horrible about her own confused feelings, Mina buried her face in her hands and apologized. "I'm sorry... I'm horrible." 

"Why?" Kris asked sternly. "I don't care if you like Chanyeol a lot."

Moving her hands away from her face, she looked back up. "You don't?"

Jumping down from the balcony, but not landing on the ground, Kris gave Mina a confident smile and whispered to her, "I just have to make you like me more. Right?" 

- - -