Transfer

The Leaf and the Legends

"Kai?" Mina repeated out loud.  

"Kai? He said Kai?" Tao asked, looking wide eyed at Mina. Hearing the boy mumble again, Mina nodded.  

"What's Kai?" Kris asked, looking at Tao. 

Ignoring the slight pain in his chest at Kris's inquiry, Tao replied. "Another one of us. Kai's the one that brought us all here." 

Mina's mouth fell slightly agape at Tao's revelation. "The teleport!" 

Tao smiled and nodded at Mina. "Kai possess the power of teleportation."

"I knew it!" Mina said, ginning widely. "That's why I sensed two of them here earlier!"

"You mean the teleport was also here?" Kris asked.

"Yeah! He was here but he's gone now. I can't sense him at all anymore." Mina looked back down to the ground, Chanyeol had stopped moving and once again remained silent and still. Whatever had happened to the phoenix, it completely drained him. Tao too, looked back down to Chanyeol and smiled.  

"I bet Chanyeol met up with Kai and they started to search for us! They found one another. Kai's here as well! We will be four and then soon twelve. We'll be together again." Smiling happily, Tao's eyes welled up with tears. The Legends would all be together again, he was sure of it.

"Let's go now," Kris said, moving to pick Chanyeol up.

"No!" Tao yelled, standing up and stopping Kris.

"We need to leave," Kris responded glaring at Tao's defiance.

"I'm not leaving! Kai might come back."

"Fine, you can stay. Mina! Let's go back. I'll carry this one alone," Kris said, reaching down towards the phoenix. 

"Mina's staying too!" Tao shot back, still stopping Kris from picking Chanyeol up. "We should all stay and wait for Kai. Right Mina?" The sharp black pair of eyes fell upon the silent girl who seemed flustered by the bickering of the two Legends. "Right?" Tao repeated.

"I think..." Looking away from Tao and down to her cell she noted the time, 3:23 AM. Not good. It'd take a while to drive back home, and with her father coming back and school still in session, she couldn't postpone getting home. "Well... I."

"We should go," Kris interrupted. "The longer we stay, the higher the risk we run of people noticing us. Did you forget the huge fire that was just burning here?" 

"I don't care! The only thing that is important is us all being together! I'm not going to leave Kai!" Tao looked back to Mina. "Tell him we need to stay."

Not making eye contact with the time controller, Mina felt sorry towards Tao, for she knew her response was not what he wanted to hear. She agreed with Kris. "I'm sorry Tao. If it was any other day, I'd stay with you and wait, but we should head back now. At the very least we found Chanyeol today. We also know Kai is out there somewhere not too far as well. We'll find him soon. I know we will."

Kris smiled satisfied by Mina's words and moved to pick up Chanyeol. Pulling the unconscious boy onto his back he began walking. Tao stared blankly as Mina sullenly followed behind Kris. Looking back to the burnt house, Tao felt disheartened but soon followed closely beside Mina.

"We'll find Kai soon won't we?" Tao asked, linking his arm with Mina's. Happy that Tao had rejoined them, Mina nodded.

"All of them." 

 - - -

The ride back home was less than comfortable. With the addition of another body it was cramped in the small truck and Mina was pretty sure having so many riders with at least two not wearing seatbelts was in fact illegal. Nonetheless, she drove the cramped and quiet car. Just like before, no one spoke, Tao and Kris seemed to still be in a silent battle with each other and Chanyeol was out for the count. Mina too, was also preoccupied with her own thoughts and watching the road, she began to think of what would happen next. 

- - -

"Are you serious?" Lyn's sleepy voice asked in disbelief. Awakened too early in the morning for her liking she couldn't wrap her head around the words her best friend spoke. 

"Yeah. The phoenix. His name is Chanyeol," Mina responded still wide awake. Arriving home, the girl made it her priority to inform both Lyn and Daniel of the trio's recent adventure and discovery. Lyn was unfortunately the first to be informed. 

"Mina. It's 4 in the morning, I'm hanging up."

"But!"

Mina heard a clicking sound and soon knew she had been hung up on. Perhaps calling so early wasn't the best idea she had at the moment. She was just excited and wanted to share the news with the ones that already knew what was going on. However, after being hung up on by Lyn she decided against calling Daniel. They weren't as close and it may be strange to call a guy so late at night. Putting her cell down, she looked over to the living room. Towering over the sleeping Chanyeol, Kris and Tao exchanged hushed words amongst themselves. Curious, Mina approached them but their conversation ceased when they took notice of the girl.  

"Did I interrupt something?" Mina asked.

"Nope!" Tao chirped, sending a smile Mina's way. "We were just deciding sleeping order."  

At the other's words, Kris's head turned from Tao to Mina and tilted slightly. "We were actually talking about you." Walking toward Mina and reaching for her wrist, Kris pulled her closer to where the younger Legend stood. "I wanted to see if you're able to transfer energy to Tao like you can to me."

"Eh?"

"Kris told me that when you touched there was a transferral of energy," Tao explained. 

"The green light thingy?" Mina questioned looking down to the hand Kris held.     

"Tao seems to know a lot about what we are so I asked him if that was normal."

"Is it?"

"I've never heard or seen anything like it before." Putting his own hand out, Tao looked down to Mina's hand. "I don't think I've actually held your hand properly... Can we try?" Smiling, Mina nodded her head affirmatively and Kris let go of her wrist. 

Holding Tao's hand, the same unique event that occurred  before between Mina and Kris now repeated with Tao. It wasn't as strong as the first time between Mina and Kris but it still did occur. Kris's face looked slightly disappointed and annoyed at the small spectacle before him. Mina was able to transfer energy to Tao, not just him. Crossing his arms, his displeasure was heightened by the joyous and amazed reaction that Tao and Mina had. 

"That's really something!" Tao said excitedly. "I can feel it! Can you?" 

"That's the strange part! I don't feel anything!" Mina replied, still excited from seeing the green sparks once again. 

"Wow." Looking at his hand, an idea struck Tao. "Do you think you can do that to Chanyeol too?" Mentioning the sleeping Legend, the three all looked down to the couch that the phoenix currently occupied. 

"Should I?" the girl asked.    

"Don't," Kris rejected. 

With Kris's refusal of his idea, Tao's face scrunched up unhappily. "Why not?"

"I don't like it."

"Why?" Tao pressed.

"Because."

"Well, I don't mind it at all." Ignoring Kris's disapproval, Mina bent down beside the couch and reached out for Chanyeol's hand. Making contact with the boy on the couch, Mina and the others watched as the sudden surge caused Chanyeol's eyes to flash open, revealing a glowing light. And just as she had predicted, the metal tag hanging around the boy's neck now revealed his hidden signature. Only enjoying the sight briefly, Mina promptly hit the floor, indescribably exhausted. The last thing she could recall hearing was the worried husky voice of Kris.   

Sitting up, Chanyeol's eyes finally stopped glowing to reveal a pair of dark mahogany eyes. Seeing Tao's beaming smile greeting him, the awakened phoenix immediately felt jubilant. Leaping up from the couch, he wrapped his lanky arms tightly around the time controller who returned the greeting.

"Tao!" he cried out embracing the boy. "I finally found you!"

"We found you!" Tao replied, using the same ancient tongue that Chanyeol used.

"We?" Chanyeol questioned, loosening his hold around the other Legend.

"Kris is here too!" 

Looking back down behind him, Chanyeol saw the back of a young man tending to an unconscious girl.  Recognizing the blonde instantly, Chanyeol let go of Tao and excitedly moved to greet Kris.

Sensing the phoenix on the move towards him, Kris swiftly picked up Mina and gracefully maneuvered out of the immediate reach of Chanyeol. Just as he had reacted to Tao, Kris was cautious and alert. "Stay back!" he growled defensively. 

The whites of Chanyeol's eyes became more visible as the shock from Kris's actions and words washed over him.

"Kris?" Tao intervened. "I already told you he was one of us. Why are you acting like this?"

Looking past Chanyeol and towards Tao, Kris replied. "Did you not just see what he did to Mina?"

"She'll be okay." Tao said, looking over to Mina. 

"He almost killed her!" Kris yelled back.

"He'd never!"

"Her heart almost stopped!"

Now thoroughly confused by the conversation Tao and Kris were engaged in, Chanyeol quizzically looked at the girl in Kris's arms. He moved closer as the dragon continued to yell over him and at Tao. Getting a good look, Chanyeol studied the girl's face in wonder. "Who is this?" he asked, interrupting the ongoing argument.  

Taken aback by Chanyeol's unexpected close proximity, Kris immediately put his guard up once again and hurriedly moved Mina out of Chanyeol's range. 

"That's Mina," Tao responded, answering Chanyeol's question.

"Mina?" he repeated, "...Did you choose her?" Chanyeol asked, looking from the girl up to Kris.

"Choos-?"

"No!" Tao yelled, cutting off Kris, his voice sounding almost angry at the suggestion. "She's the one that awakened you."

"Awakened?"

Tao nodded, "You were out for a long while."

Running his thin fingers through his light brown locks, Chanyeol remembered. "Kai!" Looking around for his companion he called out again. "Where's Kai?"

"We don't know, I was hoping you did," Tao replied. 

"Kai is the one that supposedly brought us all here right?" Kris inquired. 

Frowning and furrowing his brows, the phoenix stared at Kris. "What's wrong with you?"

Sighing, Tao walked up behind Chanyeol and placed his hand on his friend's shoulder before woefully explaining the situation.   

- - -

"He doesn't remember us!?" Chanyeol shouted in disbelief. "That's a lie right?" The distraught boy's gaze moved away from Tao and towards Kris, who was finally placing Mina down on the vacant living room couch. "You're lying aren't you?"

"I'm not," Kris replied coolly, his back still to Chanyeol. 

Unlike Tao, Chanyeol was more confused than hurt. Tao said it was possible brain damage having to do with his impacted landing, but they were a strong bunch. Losing memory required coming into contact with something much more powerful than just an impact landing. It didn't make sense to him. Chanyeol watched as Kris stood up and turned around in front of the couch in a protective manner. The dragon was intentionally blocking Chanyeol's path to the girl.

"What's wrong with her?" Chanyeol asked, intrigued by Kris's actions.

Immediately offended by Chanyeol's ignorance, Kris glared and unhesitatingly shot back."You did this to her! You stole her energy!"

"He didn't steal!" Tao said, defending his brother. "Mina did it herself."

Kris flinched at Tao's words and looking down at the girl on the couch, muttered to himself. "Careless girl, I told you not to." 

"Energy? Why don't you just give her your own energy?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Give her my own?" 

"I forgot about that!" Tao said, planting his palm to his bang-covered forehead. The cat-like smile returning to his face, he nodded his head. "We can also transfer energy!"

"We can?"

"You really don't remember anything do you?" Chanyeol asked, finally starting to believe the story he was told.  

"I've told you this already!" Kris said hotly. "So... I can give her some of my energy?" 

"Yes, but not the same way Mina does,"  Tao answered. "There also isn't any light show, it's very different from Mina's way... What she does is... unusual."

"Okay, so how do I do it?"

"Move. I'll show you." Moving Kris aside, Chanyeol leaned over Mina. 

"It won't hurt her right?"

"Just watch him," Tao said smiling.

Hovering over the couch and only centimeters away from the girls' face, Chanyeol smiled before softly meeting his own parted lips with Mina's.  

- - - 


A/N:  Special thanks to~ faddyrobot09, JYoung1002, b2uty4maknae, Reddragon, missfilipinoELF, u-knowkey, Serene, jazzehchan, tamthanhbui, ebomtaro, Ainizzamani, Neesanessa & kr-st-n (?) (I think I spelled it wrong... aff deleted your comment but I know I loved it ;~; <3)

Just really, thank you all for the support and comments <3